Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Game of Thrones has been nominated for an Emmy as Best Drama and Peter Dinkelage (Tyrion) as best supporting actor.

PS: How did they find that spot for him after Mad Men took all the others ... again.
    Peter Dinkelage won the Emmy last night.

(of course Mad Men took best drama again.. and again... and again...)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Peter Dinkelage won the Emmy last night.

(of course Mad Men took best drama again.. and again... and again...)
    Well good for him. He really does steal the show, and he has one of the most entertaining characters as well. Well deserved. I've never seen Mad Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Drec Sutal View Post
    Apparently they didn't have the budget to do all the battles in season 1. And given that they had 10 hours to fit all the plot in anyway, the battles seem a reasonable thing to have cut.

For season two... well, I imagine that the Battle of the Blackwater will get a healthy portion of the budget assigned to it. GRRM is writing that episode anyway, so I guess I have to trust him to do justice to his own work.
    Hopefully, due to the success of the first season, they'll have a much bigger budget for the second. They may have enough of a budget to do the battles justice. Fingers crossed, because I really want to see some bloodshed. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    Hopefully, due to the success of the first season, they'll have a much bigger budget for the second. They may have enough of a budget to do the battles justice. Fingers crossed, because I really want to see some bloodshed. :P
    You can also make a good argument that the battle aren't really important to the first book. I mean, Whispering Wood wasn't shown in the books either, and Tyrion's battle didn't really show anything we didn't already know aside from the fact that there were too few Northmen there. Yes, in the books Tyrion fought, but he had already done so against the clansmen. The real action, the important developments and the climax of the book, were in King's Landing.

You can't say that about book two, not really. The Blackwater is a really major event that contains a whole episode's worth of plot, at least, and the impending battle is a major point through the entire book to that point. I'm really not worried about it. As for bloodshed... I don't think that's in any doubt. How many beheadings did we see season one, complete with blood spurting from the neck? Two in the first fifteen minutes of the pilot, at least!

Congrats to Peter Dinklage on the Emmy, well deserved, he makes that show, and if I will expect him to make the rest of the series as well…

I’ll bet half of the Blackwater will just be CGI of burning ships. While a good chunk of plot develops out of it, there are only a few scenes they need to hit, no catapulting captives I’ll bet.

It was great that Peter Dinklage won the Emmy. Didn't get to watch it, but I just imagine him standing there holding the award and in my head I remember the little bit of flavor text after "All dwarves are bastards" from the book.

I just started the 2nd book, 40 pages in. I figure since I read on break mostly it'll be mid October before I finish it. Also, dug into my stash of old Dragon Magazines and pulled out the one that converted Song of Ice and Fire into playable D&D (3.X when it was worth playing). Interesting read, spoiler heavy.

On the 2nd season. I'm interested in the new characters, especially the Stark bannermen since some were glossed over or never mentioned in the TV series. Greatjon Umber, got most of the time but was his name ever mentioned. Bolton Roose, who led the sacrificial force south, then went guerrilla to slow the Lannister's 2nd force.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
    It was great that Peter Dinklage won the Emmy. Didn't get to watch it, but I just imagine him standing there holding the award and in my head I remember the little bit of flavor text after "All dwarves are bastards" from the book.

On the 2nd season. I'm interested in the new characters, especially the Stark bannermen since some were glossed over or never mentioned in the TV series. Greatjon Umber, got most of the time but was his name ever mentioned. Bolton Roose, who led the sacrificial force south, then went guerrilla to slow the Lannister's 2nd force.
    I expect the writers of the show to tone down on the banner men on all sides. If there is one thing I didn't like in the second book, it is the vast number of vassals and banner men mentioned, which means you start to lose the general overview of who is allied with each side. *eyes the multiple Freys on the side of the Lannisters, Tullys and Starks*
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Thats great, Peter honestly looks stunned, as does his wife. I guess he really didn't expect to win this.

BTW, looked up his bio on IMDB, has a nice quote of him up there regarding his stature:

"When I was younger, definitely, I let it get to me. As an adolescent, I was bitter and angry and I definitely put up these walls. But the older you get, you realize you just have to have a sense of humour. You just know that it's not your problem. It's theirs."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    New teaser out for season two (somehow, I could not get a link to the HBO vid, so here it is on TV.com)

http://www.tv.com/news/new-game-of-t...e-video-27215/

Why didn't anybody tell me Natalie Dormer will be Margaery Tyrell!

Dutch actress Carice van Houten as Melisandre, this will be so awesome. She's really good. And I just finished reading the first book.

This is the first series of books I have re-read in a long time. In fact, I started over with "A Game of Thrones" immediately after finishing "A Dance With Dragons." It was different, I'd say better the second time.
    Take 2 of these.