PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Questions!

So I can go to end game (well, Droknar's Forge for the 80 armor sets) with the 50 armor set? I like it, because it's fairly cheap. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SpitWarrior View Post
    So I can go to end game (well, Droknar's Forge for the 80 armor sets) with the 50 armor set? I like it, because it's fairly cheap. :)
    You can go there with the armor you started the game with, but be prepared for many deaths (not as many with the 50 armor, but still deaths). If that doesn't bother you, then don't worry too much about your armor
    Den mother of In Pace Requiescat. We're recruiting!

That's so tempting . Is anyone willing to accept me in their guild? The one I'm in is a bit dull.

Just recieved the hero M.O.X. Guess it'll be easy peasy from now on. :)

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitWarrior View Post
    I wouldn't try it. If you're not going to go to another campaign to get max armor once you reach LA, then I would suggest investing in at least one or two other sets on the way to Droknars. If only one set, get the 65 in Ventari's Refuge. Otherwise, get the 59 in Beetleton and the 71 in Sanctum Cay.

Don't worry too much about the expense. Your income will go up as you move to higher level areas. The cash and material drops will be much bigger, and the merchant value of loot weapons will be higher. You should be able to afford a set or two without much trouble, especially if you don't waste a lot of money on non-essentials at this point.

Believe me, an extra 9 or 15 AR doesn't sound like much, but it will reduce the damage you take considerably.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    Believe me, an extra 9 or 15 AR doesn't sound like much, but it will reduce the damage you take considerably.
    just to illustrate:

A character with 80 armour will receive half the damage of a character with 40 armour. (40 points in armour will reduce the damage by 50%

Don't forget you can pick up pieces of collector's armour on the way, which is "free" if you think about keeping monstrous drops for the collectors.
    For Prophecies characters I usually go, if I have to be cheap:
    Buy better armour in Ascalon once out of Pre
    Buy LA armour, pick up collector's armour pieces once I move through Maguuma & the Desert.
    Buy Droknar armour.

If you plan on getting a 15k set from Grotto or Citadel, I'd say get max armour from collectors in the Desert to be prepared for the southern Shiverpeaks.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Okay. What about those items on which I can use some kits to produce materials? Should I do that?

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluff Isle [SBI]
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii] & Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Definitely! You can look up the wiki to see which materials you'll need for your armor and what salvages into that material if you don't want to have too much material taking up space in storage.

Okay . So I should buy those kits? And which ones (normal or expert, since I probably won't be getting anything better)? If I, by some chance, don't need the material I get, can I sell it for a profit?
    Last edited by SpitWarrior; 26-03-2010 at 13:28.

Salvage kits are really nice to have sometimes.

As for which kind to buy, the normal ones can only salvage materials (iron, leather and so on) while the expert one can also salvage magical components such as runes and weapon upgrades. They are much more expensive though, so if you're looking to get stuff for your armor, I'd go with a normal kit. Personally I keep one of each kind and use the normal whenever I'm not specifically going for runes etc.