Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)

War in Kryta: Strategy.

I developed this plan to defeat the White Mantle, a defeat that they likely will never recover from. Remember, Chipsy Chips said it first!!!

Spoiler

The main forces of the Shining Blades now reside within the Dakutu Village. They believe that they should conceal their location for safety. I disagree. I believe that they should expose their location to the White Mantle and setup an ambush there.

I had been studying the landscape of Dakutu Village. What I like about this area is that there are only 3 exits. They are:

1) Northern Bridge
    2) Eastern Bridge
    3) South East exit forward Tears of the Fallen

What I purpose is an ambush to destroy the majority of White Mantle forces.

Step 1) Expose the Shining Blades location in Dakutu Village.

The White Mantles are devoted zealots of their false gods which we now know as the Mursaat. They believe that when they fight for their god they are invincible. We should take advantage of their overconfidence.

My hope is that the White Mantles at Lion's Arch, once they know of Queen Salma's location, will mobilize most of their forces up north for a direct attack. They won't send ships to ask for reinforcements from southern areas like the Riverside Province since that will delay their progress. Once again, they are overconfident and often underestimate their enemies.

When the White Mantle discovers that the Shining Blades is in Dakutu Village for sure they will attack with might. Their numbers will be massive. They will come in waves to crush all Shining Blades. Do not worry my brothers. With my plan the more they send the more deaths they shall suffer.

Step 2) Prepare for the ambush.

It is obvious that Shining Blades cannot take on the White Mantles head on. The White Mantles simply have too many men. And they will have Mursaats with them. Any uninfused human, pretty much everyone in the Shining Blades rank, will die within seconds when facing them. So ambush is the only way.

Here is my ambush setup. R=Ranger, E=Elementalist, W=Warrior.

The majority of our main forces should actually be waiting in Tears of the Fallen. The ambush group should mostly be with the warriors and rangers group. We should have only a few elementalists in Dakutu Village itself and a few of them in the Tears of the Fallen exit.

Step 3) Ambush!!!

The overconfident White Mantles will charge head first into the Dakutu Village. Their elite forces, probably including a large number of Mursaats, will lead the forces up front.

We should engage the White Mantle forces in mini skirmishes in Talmark Wilderness, but retreat quickly forward the Tears of the Fallen. This will further boost the White Mantle’s confidence.

We will wait until around 80% of their forces have crossed the two bridges before ambushing them. Here are the ambush steps

1) Rangers in the area will destroy the two bridges.
    -Dwarf gunpowder should be placed beforehand under the bridge for this purpose. With the bridges destroyed the enemies that have already crossed the river will be trapped.

2) Elementalists hiding in Dakutu Village will use fire magic to start a wild forest fire.
    -The White Mantle expected us to defend the Dakutu village. Instead we should trap them in the village and burn it to the ground along with them. This will allow us to burn to death a majority of the trapped enemy without a fight. It is highly unlikely that the White Mantle can retain battle command in this chaos, as everyone would be running for their lives.

Mursaat Elementalists uses lightning magic. While White Mantle Savants uses lightning and fire magic. Neither are capable of putting out a wild forest fire. Their lack of water magic training will be their doom.

Spoiler

3) Elementalists hiding near the Tears of the Fallen exit will use earth magic to trigger mudslides in order to ruin this exit.
    -This will delay the White Mantle’s retreat forward the south, further increasing their casualty from the wild fire.

Some of the enemies will attempt to jump into the river to escape. Their warriors will probably drown due to heavy equipments. Their mages and rangers might be able to swim. However if we put some lightning elementalists along the coast down stream I doubt any of the enemies will survive. One lightning stirke can kill like 10 of them since they are in water.

4) The rangers and warriors hiding in the north shore will ambush the White Mantles that didn’t cross the river.
    -These White Mantles, without their leaders, should be in total chaos at this point; Most likely abandoning their food, weapon and supplies in their retreat. So it should be easy picking for us. Even those that escape will most likely die due to starvation and exposure.

5) Main Shining Blade forces finish off anyone that escaped to Tears of the Fallen.
    -Tears of the Fallen will be there place were the last surviving White Mantles meet their dooms. At this point they would have lost a majority of their equipments and supplies. They would also be exhausted after just running from the fire. When fighting against the fresh troops of the Shining Blade I doubt any would escape.

Tears of the Fallen. What a fitting name for the White Mantle's grave.

Predicted battle result:

Shining Blade Casualties: Minimal. Most engagements are against under equipped and weakened enemies. Assuming an original manpower of 10,000, fewer than 500 would have died.

White Mantle Causalities: Near total. #1 cause of death will be burning and smoke caused suffocation. #2 will be battle deaths. #3 will be starvation and exposure. Those few that escape will probably never fight again. Assuming an original manpower of 100,000, fewer than 1,000 would escape alive.

After this battle the tide will turn greatly in Shining Blade’s favor. A lot more civilians, who had feared the White Mantle, will for sure join up with us. A large amount of abandoned White Mantle supplies can also be picked up, further strengthening our military assets.

What do you guys think? I look forward to raising minion pets from the corpses of White Mantles.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 08-04-2010 at 22:31.

Thanks for handing over your battle plans, silly rebel.

OBEY!

I thought the majority of the Shining Blade was in the Magumma Jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragina View Post
    I thought the majority of the Shining Blade was in the Magumma Jungle?
    Originally, yes, in the years since they have moved out and regrouped most of their forces in the Talmark Wilderness in the recent update.

As to your battle plans, Chips, they sound too risky for my tastes, not to mention a tad against what I suspect the Shining Blade would actually do. Here are my plans from before the update putting their camp in Talmark, and the information from the NPCs there:

Spoiler

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Paradox View Post
    Thanks for handing over your battle plans, silly rebel.

OBEY!
    Well considering in the game's PvP setting this "plan" won't actually work anyways it is of little value to you. We cannot start a forest fire, blow up bridges and create mud slides in the game. I do however hope that it will get implemented into future GW missions. That is what lore is for.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon View Post
    Originally, yes, in the years since they have moved out and regrouped most of their forces in the Talmark Wilderness in the recent update.

As to your battle plans, Chips, they sound too risky for my tastes, not to mention a tad against what I suspect the Shining Blade would actually do. Here are my plans from before the update putting their camp in Talmark, and the information from the NPCs there:

Spoiler
    The White Mantle greatly outnumber us, maybe by as much as 10 to 1, so any operation is risky. I think the plan is pretty safe relatively. During the whole plan we never faced the White Mantle head on when they have full strength. Once we blow up the bridges and create those mudslides they will be trapped inside the wild forest fire. This will kill a lot of enemies without any casualty on our side.

Once they are trapped there will be no easy escape. Jumping into the river means drowning or getting electrocuted by our lightning elementalists down stream. It will take forever to get pass the massive landslide we created at the Tears of the Fallen exit, meaning many won't make it.

Those few that escapes to the Tears of the Fallen will be finished by our main forces there. Keep in mind that at this point the surviving White Mantles will be too weak to resist us. So this won't actually be much of a fight, more like a massacre. But if this is what it takes to free Kryta so be it.

As for your plan in the north, it is good if we have the manpower and equipment to face the White Mantle head on. But from what I read this is far from the case. That is why the Shining Blades still need to hide from the White Mantle.

Instead of sieging White Mantle held towns I would try to ambush White Mantle supply carts heading there. Eventually they will be angry enough to charge out as us in the jungle, where we have the advantage.

As for you plan in the south, does the Shining Blade even have a fleet to carry man over forward Lion's Arch? Shining Blades seems to more of a land based guerrilla warfare group. Even if they have the fleet putting the Shining Blade forces in a sea battle that they are unfamiliar with is risky.

I won't bother attacking Riverside Province, which has a large White Mantle base. I would attack from Fisherman's Haven to Sanctum Cay. Right after that I would burn all the ports along the coast line and retreat north with the White Mantle Supplies. I would only leave a small number of scouts in the area. This will effectively cut off the communication lines between the southern White Mantle forces and the north, where their central command is. Without central command the southern White Mantles will be blinded, at least for a while. The hotheaded White Mantle forces in Riverside Province will eventually attack us head on. I will then find an ambush location and defeat them there.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 03-04-2010 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon View Post
    Wait, what? What update and why are the SB involved?

May I suggest a read through the Obey/Dismantle thread to get you up to speed?

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=493818

So there actually wasn't anything updated in GW, this is just a forum game?

Yeah this is basically folks playing around with maps :)