PC Gaming News

The Hidden Dialogue.

I suspect, over the ensuing weeks, we'll come across more dialogue from the Peacekeepers and, potentially, the Shining Blade in their camp. With this in mind, I would like to request that all posts relevant to that matter be posted here, so we have an easily accessible compilation of them present. If the discussion surrounding them increases, I'll make sure to copy and paste the dialogue (or links to screenshots of the dialogue) here for further ease of access. Many thanks to any and all contributors!

Transcript of the provided dialogue:

Spoiler

Many thanks to Thalador and Free Runner for the dialogue above.

Just an interesting observation on my part, but it may be that the Nebo Terrace dialogue shows us that the Mantle isn't entirely corrupt, that it is instead the hired Peacekeepers that are slowly corrupting them. Although, the difficult part is that we also have Greves, who fulfills the general stereotype of the corrupt Mantle. Keeping that in mind I think this is typical Prophecies storytelling, in that if we try to pin them as one or the other, we're simply being rather foolish. Similar to if we were to say the Mursaat are purely evil.

Nebo Terrace -
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon View Post
    Just an interesting observation on my part, but it may be that the Nebo Terrace dialogue shows us that the Mantle isn't entirely corrupt, that it is instead the hired Peacekeepers that are slowly corrupting them. Although, the difficult part is that we also have Greves, who fulfills the general stereotype of the corrupt Mantle. Keeping that in mind I think this is typical Prophecies storytelling, in that if we try to pin them as one or the other, we're simply being rather foolish. Similar to if we were to say the Mursaat are purely evil.
    The Nebo Terrace dialogue seems to be the one most indicating that the Mantle is corrupt though
    Spoiler

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Here is my guess on the fate of White Mantles & Peacekeepers (WM&P).

1) People get bullied by WM&P. Food and money got taken. Some people killed.
    2) Peaceful protests.
    3) WM&P cracks down protests.
    4) Riots.
    5) WM&P cracks down riots.
    6) Much more people joins Shining Blades.
    7) Bastille.
    8) Revolution.

Last edited by CHIPS; 12-04-2010 at 20:19.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I would love to see part of the White Mantle become more to the mindset of Saul D'Alessio.

So far for me, it sounds like the same offshoots of the corrupt White Mantle as of before.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    Here is my guess on the fate of White Mantles & Peacekeepers (WM&P).

1) People get bullied by WM&P. Food and money got taken. Some people killed.
    2) Peaceful protests.
    3) WM&P cracks down protests.
    4) Riots.
    5) WM&P cracks down riots.
    6) Much more people joins Shining Blades.
    7) Bastille.
    8) Revolution.
    wait... does this mean Kryta becomes Canada?

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluff Isle [SBI]
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii] & Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noa Brightington View Post
    wait... does this mean Kryta becomes Canada?
    Nah, it means Kryta becomes France.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra View Post
    Nah, it means Kryta becomes France.
    If it weren't for Salma, this is the way I'd imaging Kryta going. Krytan Revolution, the bloodiest revolt in all of Tyria, with hundreds beheaded by Farmer Dirk and Murro working the underground anti-government newspaper from a tub.