PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I think they've done enough with the Scarecrow; I found Batman Begins too hard to follow; the original one with Keaton and Nicholson was better. The Dark Knight was great though, so hopefully the third one is going to be good as well.

But yeah, like I said above, why not have a female villain? We've seen plenty of male villains in these two movies already (Scarecrow, that dude who came after Bruce, Joker, Two-Face, that crooked cop), and there were plenty of female villains in the Batman comics, cartoon, and old series. I'd like to see what they'd do to a female villain in this darker series.

And adding a darker version of Robin and/or Batgirl wouldn't be a bad idea; that was my favorite movie of the old series.

No Robin. Old news, but I haven't seen anything going against this yet.

For females, there's not nearly as many as there are men. Catwoman or Poison Ivy could be interesting if done right (example: in the comics, Catwoman is an accomplished burglar, not a murdered secretary resurrected by housecats). Harley Quinn, though, just won't work without Joker.

The only other regularly recurring character I can think of offhand is Talia al Ghul, who could work in the "getting revenge for the death of her father in the first film" kind of way, then "rebelling against her father (who's not really dead and becoming Batman's love interest". Personally though, I think it's too soon for Talia, or Rhas al Ghul's return; I'd save them for a fifth movie, at the earliest.
    EDIT: Jane Doe could be interesting, but she may be a bit too gory for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Yi Mor View Post
    They've had Mr. Zsasz in already. He has a brief moment in front of the camera after everyone escapes from Arkham in Batman Begins. Trademark scars are a bit of a giveaway.
    Well it's about time Batman went and brought him back in, then.
    Last edited by Feannag; 09-05-2010 at 23:51.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    EDIT: Jane Doe could be interesting, but she may be a bit too gory for the series.
    I quite liked the character Professor Pyg. He's a bit too dark too and requires Damien to exist for the canon to be upheld but an interesting character to be sure, to be sure.

-Art

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Wolf View Post
    But yeah, like I said above, why not have a female villain?
    They’re an order of magnitude more exploitative than genuinely menacing and almost universally poorly-executed on-screen. Ledger was able to credibly load all of Gotham city (and the audience) on a runaway train and drive it into the river cackling all the way. Boobs-in-spandex can't compare.

Well, female villains could be tricky and sneaky, using seduction techniques (badly) to try to defeat Batman. Meh, I'm tired so just shooting things off here. But I think it would be much more interesting to have a female for once. Especially since they killed Rachel off; the entire cast will be only male now except for a few random civilians who aren't major characters. And that's just sexist.

Too bad that there won't be a Robin, I think he'd be a great addition.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I could see having Professor Pig, the Mad Hatter, or Jane Doe as secondary villains in the film. I do not think a Batman movie would do well without having a "main" character (such as the more publicly known bad guys) in seat of the primary storyline.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Well, female villains could be tricky and sneaky, using seduction techniques (badly) to try to defeat Batman...And that's just sexist.
    Ut-ohs!

Call The Doctor we have a self contained causality paradox situation that requires some sort of deus ex machina to get out of.

Quick before we have dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

-Art

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    How about making new villains that put Batman into a very tight situation. Like Bruce Wayne's parents coming back as zombies.
    Call it "Attack of the Zombie Parents!", or something equally cool.

Especially since they killed Rachel off; the entire cast will be only male now except for a few random civilians who aren't major characters. And that's just sexist.
    It's not sexist to have only male principals in what is essentially a crime drama. What's sexist is to portray women merely as receptacles for male . . . ambition.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    I gotta agree with Harlequin.
    Also, zombie parents would still rule.