PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Release Date?

Release Date?

Has anyone else pre-ordered the game and been told its being released on November 3rd? If so than why would Anet not let that be known? I understand they may or may not do a beta, but why would game stores have a set date if this is the case? Food for thought.

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    This no confirmed release date for the game or even the beta. Some stores simply might require a date for their databases or is a rough estimate.

I believe in the latest interview stated that the real launch of the game will be either late 2010 or more than likely early 2011. Sadly I think it'll be around 2011'ish....but who knows.

My guess is they will TRY and get it on the shelves by Christmas 2010, but it will most likely get postponed till maybe April or May of 2011.... Thats just how MMOs go...

Quote Originally Posted by Kayadine Deathskull View Post
    My guess is they will TRY and get it on the shelves by Christmas 2010, but it will most likely get postponed till maybe April or May of 2011.... Thats just how MMOs go...
    Honestly I'd rather them take as long as they want to deliver a solid/epic experience....but man is it going to be a long wait :[

Well damn, it's going to conflict with Diablo 3 launch... Oh well, at least Starcraft 2 will be out in 2 months :)

Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    This no confirmed release date for the game or even the beta. Some stores simply might require a date for their databases or is a rough estimate.
    Putting a date next to pre-order makes it more likely for people to preorder. That's why release dates are always given.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    well, they said somewhere that the beta will be around the end of 2010, ill wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    well, they said somewhere that the beta will be around the end of 2010, ill wait and see.
    No, they didn't.

If you're thinking of the interview I'm thinking of, the interviewer asked if they foresaw a beta by the end of 2010, and Eric Flanuum gave the stock answer of "when it's ready".
    Last edited by Scutilla; 12-05-2010 at 17:24.

Ahhh, thats super weak. I was all stoked cuz I thought it was gonne be out before 2011. We can only pray. I mean, if they already have gameplay videos out I wouldnt expect it to take too much longer. Cross our fingers for an open beta.