PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Who here will miss playing a Dedicated Healer(Monk)

Who here will miss playing a dedicated healer (Monk)/(Cleric)?I know I will as it is something I enjoy yes even pugs as they are what makes the game more challenging like some of RoT missions.I am even considering bowing out of GW2 and just sticking with GW who knows what thing are planned for that game.

The only way if I can't resist getting GW2 and playing is that I will probably only play PvP only no PvE what so ever especially if there is lvl cap.I would prefer to play a healer class (Monk) if I was going to play the full game but if not I would stick to PvP only.

I play PWI and my main there is Cleric just like GW.I would never have thought they would leave the Monk out seeing as so many play it and enjoy it.Don't say you don't I know you do.I have regretted not doing more with mine but I think when I rerolled mine my beta Monk was the one with all the luck.

I know other classes will get this ability but it just doesn't feel right.I know Eles are very happy atleast they get to play their favourite class.

I will miss the monk class. My best experiences were from my monk alt, but if its pure healing you want there will probably still be a class for you. Just not quite as cut and dry.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I will miss it terribly if they decide to not include it. But lets wait and see... they might surprise us. I have also considered bowing out of gw2 if there's no healing class... so there will be at least two monks in gw after gw2 comes out. heh

Nope.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by rayeLestrange View Post
    I will miss it terribly if they decide to not include it. But lets wait and see... they might surprise us. I have also considered bowing out of gw2 if there's no healing class... so there will be at least two monks in gw after gw2 comes out. heh

You can always go Water ele.

Besides, this thread is stupid. We only have confirmation of 2 classes, maybe 3. There's still 5 classes to know about.

Geez, I know you want to act all gloom and doom, but at least wait until we know something.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I only saw ele and warrior confirmed, which one is the 3rd?

also, i did say "lets wait and see." -.-

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by rayeLestrange View Post
    I only saw ele and warrior confirmed, which one is the 3rd?

also, i did say "lets wait and see." -.-

Ranger is also a probable candidate, or a variation of it like gunman or something. You need some class focused on those guns, don't you?

Oh, and the gloom and doom comment was directed to the general public. It kinda ticks me off how little we know about the game and the people are already scratching it off (I don't really care about Age, no one wants him in GW2 anyway).

Edit: Oh, and to be on topic:

No. I wouldn't miss having a dedicated healer class. We all can see how many problems that brings when forming parties (2 more monks and we go! You're a rit? Go away!).

I much prefer the idea of having multiple professions able to fill that role (water ele, for example) instead of only 1 profession. Giving monopoly to 1 profession about any role, and that profession becomes essential in all formats of play. You spread that role, and it becomes competitive.
    Last edited by Nemeon Lion; 17-05-2010 at 01:52.

Even if there is no dedicated healer class, that does'nt stop you from making a build with more heal skills and playing a healer. I'd invite you or anyone else who was nice and said they were playing healer if I had space in a party.
    But really, I hope there is no required wait hours for a healer who's probably a snob. This way I won't HAVE to invite a jerk to the party if I want to get something done. I'm not saying all healers have God complexes, but I've seen that the required class attracts people like that.

Who here then would name the character that will fill the roles of the Monk after the Monk they have in GW?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I enjoyed the monk, except that outside heal/prot it was pretty boring to play imo. Heal/prot was great fun. I enjoyed even more playing the rit, and I would play as resto lots of times, especially in groups with humans.

I like the idea of being able to function as a full healer. But I don't want a character that is stuck healing or being useless (or boring). I have to admit, playing a healer without anybody worthwhile to heal is boring.

So, give me profs that can heal, and give me people that I can heal too. For solo play, at least give me some summons to heal.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about