PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    I like her too, because she is cute-ish. However, she always seems like she's stoned or something.
    If I'm going to watch an actress practicing her pretty blank stare face, I'd rather watch Rose Byrne.

Then again... As pretty as blue eyes can be, I'm dating a brown-eyed girl.
    Last edited by Zalis; 22-02-2011 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by MixedVariety View Post
    However, she always seems like she's stoned or something.
    With a name like Zooey... but hey, there are women character actresses who manage to have great careers, even changing their "character" over time. There's some with little-to-no talent (Susan Sarandon) and some with great talent (Bea Arthur, RIP). Just because Zooey is gooey doesn't mean she'll wind up on the Lifetime network shoes immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    I'd rather watch Rose Byrne.
    That is too weird - I've seen at least three movies she's been in (Star Wars 2, Troy, 28 Weeks later), and she's left absolutely no impression.

No Hobbit, and now, no Madness either.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...gone-dark.html

After three months of deliberation, Universal Pictures, the studio that gave del Toro money for pre-production creature designs, has remained unwilling to give the director a greenlight, citing concerns over the film’s budget and likely R rating. On Monday, del Toro withdrew from the negotiations, and that night at ten-thirty he sent me a short, mournful e-mail:

Madness has gone dark. The ‘R’ did us in.

Del Toro had told me that he would not compromise on the film’s rating, even though a film rated PG-13 would have a much easier time attracting a mass audience. “Madness,” as he imagined it, would not be particularly gory, but he insisted that he needed the artistic freedom “to make it really, really uncomfortable and nasty.” Del Toro had hoped that a greenlight for “Madness” would mark a new golden age for horror films:
    All I have to say at this point is **** Hollywood.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Madness? He got shut down because of depicting madness?

Aw man, that movie sounds like it would have been great. Maybe we should start a petition or something.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

He got shut down because Universal insisted on a PG-13 rating to get bigger box office numbers. Del Toro refused to do it with less than an R rating, so the studio shut him down.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I understood that, but it's still a shame. It would have been great.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Hopefully he takes it to another studio. You'd think with the names Del Toro and Cameron attached, someone would let them make the film their way.

What the deuce?

Who the heck expects a movie adaptation of "At the Mountains of Madness" to be anything other than R?

Quote Originally Posted by ccrazool View Post
    What the deuce?

Who the heck expects a movie adaptation of "At the Mountains of Madness" to be anything other than R?
    I tried quite hard to not be predictable here...

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Yup, Zooey Deschanel. Gotta wonder if that's a stage name. Striking eyes do not a fine actress make.
    I like Deschanel. Don't know why. Her sister too. Probably something appearance related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    no Madness