PC Gaming News
Page 126 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1607
  1. #1251
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Shrandar's Avatar
    Posts

    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post

    I'll just say I hope GW2 is as far from SW:Tor removed as possible. Or any WoW-lookalike, for that matter.
    I'm quite confident it will be, but, well, that sort of stuff seems to draw the masses, for whatever reason.


    I think there are just not that many persistent world alternatives, that and a new MMO always gets a lot of attention. That being said I consider some of the other so called 'wow copy' alternatives - AoC , LOTRO better MMO's then this one, Bioware profits from the huge budget they had though.

  2. #1252
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    CHIPS's Avatar
    Server

    Tarnished Coast
    Guild

    The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Posts

    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I haven't had the motivation to log into SWTOR in over a week. I had a lot of fun when I was playing it, but my friend got so far ahead of me in levels that I don't even think I want to bother.
    That's exactly why old school MMOs like Lineage 2 lost me. My friends (and enemies) got so far ahead of me it isn't funny. I didn't have time to play as much due to school and work. In those group PvPs I was totally useless.

    Even aside from the level 20 cap, GW1 is better than many MMOs. A Backfire or Conjure Nightmare at level 1 domination and illusion still does SOME damage. In games like Lineage 2, your Backfire and Conjure Nightmare will FAIL to stick unless you are within 10 levels of the foe. Within 10 levels, 10% chance of sticking and 90% chance of failing. Within 9 levels, 20% chance of stick and 80% chance of failing. Hexes aside, all your attacks either miss or deals 0-1 damage.

    Typical MMOs, pissing me off even when just thinking about them.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 30-01-2012 at 01:56.

  3. #1253
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Giggles's Avatar
    Server

    2nd star to the right
    Guild

    wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Posts

    4,094
    not entirely related but, some funny things.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../338243/page/1

  4. #1254
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Shrandar's Avatar
    Posts

    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    not entirely related but, some funny things.

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../338243/page/1

    Lol the spacebar one was brilliant, I knew what it was before I even saw the title :D

  5. #1255
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Guided Daggers's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Posts

    876
    Great thread there, but there is massive GW2 hate. They now know it won't be good. Sure, they probably haven't even watched footage, or think it's another WoW clone. Those have played it liked it, that's good enough for me.

  6. #1256
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    I saw more GW2 praise than hate, but then again I didn't really read it.

    Seems to me that GW2 is ignorance, jealousy, or fanboyism. I haven't seen much (or any) that I can quality as "informed", that is, hating GW2 for what it is.

    Except for complaints that GW2 PvP will be conquest only. That's a valid concern.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  7. #1257
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    I don't get the spacebar thing :(

  8. #1258
    GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Alaris's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Posts

    22,615
    In GW1, it'd be c-space. It's basically saying the game is so easy, you can just auto-attack foes and win.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

  9. #1259
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger5000 Experience Points
    Guided Daggers's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Salvation of Tyria [SoT]
    Posts

    876
    Maybe you can in WoW or SW: ToR. I find GW way harder (well, the "end-game"), but that might be just me.

  10. #1260
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Mehtis's Avatar
    Server

    Gandara
    Guild

    Dii
    Posts

    10,690
    It was actually explained as the skip-cinematic button.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off