PC Gaming News
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Okay, so if each effect is a separate button, then we can draw three conclusions:
    1- The four share a global cooldown
    2- Each has its own cooldown
    3- No cooldown on shatters

No matter how you slice it, it doesn't sound like interrupts will be OP.

Now that I'm looking at this more closely, I don't understand why I'm even typing. It sounds like Skyy and I were on the same page; he was just more certain to my "maybe" each illusion causes its own effect.

Oh well, +1, amirite, gents?

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    Too many Mesmer threads! I merged both of them here and closed others.

Gorani
    no! set them freeee!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Twilight Illusion anyone?

Foe is hexed with Twilight Illusion for 10 seconds. Using the target foe as a mirror point, summons a clone behind the foe. The clone only has 1/2 of your health and 1/2 of your armor. All of your skills that you use against this foe is duplicated on the clone, at 1/2 the damage. This summoning ends if the hex is removed, or the clone is killed.

I will call it Mirror's Edge b/c it sounds cooler.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 15-12-2011 at 22:20.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Hmm there is a lot of interesting stuff in those videos. These are things I saw:

1.) Veil: the Mesmer put away his weapons to do a motion cast. This seems to suggest that Veil is not weapon-associated but one that falls in the auxilliary category. What I wonder is: Are the outlines of the veil visible to foes as well like other AoE spells? If so how would this play out in PvP?
    2.) In the first video, the gun shot out a long-purple laser beam. I wonder if this is a charged spell. Also note that the foe did not turn around after being attacked. Why did the foe not turn around? Is this because of that purple beam? On the other hand, a purple energy ball was shot from the scepter. This is probably skill 1 on the scepter bar.
    3.) In the second video, we don't just see Mirror Images which seems to be sword associated. Mind Wrack is already shown in this video although it is introduced later. The mesmer later lays a line on the ground which gives cripple to foes and speed boost to allies. The mesmer then swipes at the foe. Is this skill 1 on the sword bar? I see that the clones are moving towards the enemy. But this is not really a "leap", or is it? So did they just auto-attack?
    4.) In the third video, in addition to Chaos Storm, we also see a spell that switches location with a foe. In the end, a foe seemingly instantly gets set on fire. I wonder if the fire spell is one of those Mantras talked about.
    5.) The forth video introduces Mind Wrack again, but it also shows us how phantasms look like. I wonder if this spell actually is called "Phantasm". This skill appears to be pistol-associated.
    6.) In the last video, in addition to portal which seems to be another auxilliary non-weapon associated skill, we see one of the skills of the Great Sword. It seems to be a charged skill. The Reddit AMA said that this skill would deal more damage with distance. Cool animation btw.

I also note that each time an illusion is summoned there are two. And in each case, the original is in the middle. For phantasms it's not so important, but for clones that are meant for confusing the enemy for a short period of time, I wonder if this makes it very predictable who is who in PvP.

One question I have: Up until now, we have only seen that the Mesmer can create clones of himself. I do wonder though whether a Mesmer can also create clones of an ally for temporary confusion/support? Wouldn't that be cool?

So yeah, lots of cool stuff in here. And now we also know about 1 skill on most weapons. I wonder what the rest will be.
    Last edited by Thalanor Thornhale; 16-12-2011 at 16:37.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Comments @ Thalanor:

Veil: I assume the outline is not visible to foes, that would make it useless in PvP. As is, seeing a bunch of people going towards a spot and disappearing there, you'd have to be dumb not to nuke that site.

Mantras are supposed to be instant, so I assume no animation for casting (just for charging).

Clones are supposed to be fairly standard AI, so I expect nothing fancy, just standard attack. Some clones skills are made specifically with stuff to make it confusing which is you or the clone. For example, the sword clones has two versions of the same skill, one where the clone stays and you jump forward, the other where you stay and the clone jumps forward. Another skill has you blocking, then you stealth leaving a clone in your place.

I assume that the skill that makes two clones has you randomly take one of the three locations, so in PvP they wouldn't know which one you are... but I could be wrong on that one.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    I wonder if those clones can be used for body blocking.

As a btw, I am not saying that I invented this spell, but I am glad to see that a spell similar to this one from the ideas thread made it into the Mesmer mechanic!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'm actually surprised by some skills that they gave mesmers which were stuff people were asking for. Clones and phantasms for example, I didn't think they could go that direction realistically, but people were asking for it, and they found a way to make it work without compromising gameplay.
    == Alaris & clone ==