PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Second gameplay video & necromancer announcement

Second gameplay video.

Colin Johanson confirms necromancers.

IGN hands on.

I would suggest making a topic for all GamesCom news.

Erasculio
    Last edited by Erasculio; 18-08-2010 at 09:53.

Ok, I am here to officially announce that I hate ArenaNet! I started out wanting to reroll a warrior before anything came out, and the warrior vid reinforced that. Then they release the ranger info, and it's like "hmm, maybe warrior won't be my first profession.". Now the necro video leaks out and I don't know what the hell I'm going to play first!!!!!!

Seriously though ANet, thanks for giving me such a delicious dilemma!

Quote Originally Posted by Erasculio View Post
    Second gameplay video.

Colin Johanson confirms necromancers.

IGN hands on.

I would suggest making a topic for all GamesCom news.

Erasculio
    obviously the guy from IGN is an idiot :
    The demo showed Guild Wars 2 is capable of fulfilling the promises it made -- at least, at the start and somewhere in the middle. If the full release can sustain what the demo showed, World of Warcraft may finally have a run for its money.
    I'd say : "dream on " .There isn't a single MMO - both past,present and future - which can give WoW a run for its money . Most WoW-players never even heard of any other MMO ,let alone played it , and will buy the next expansion en masse . That's simply a fact,not conjecture , and it's based on all past attempts to "topple WoW " or " be a serious contender to WoW " .The only MMO I see capable of doing that is the next Blizzard-title in the genre . The moment WoW dies is entirely up to developers : only if and when they decide to pull the plug will that game end .

I have friends who have quit WoW, and didn't know what to do with themselves, so they came back to it.
    But they don't continue to play it because they enjoy it so much. They just don't know how to fill the void that mmo addiction digs into the human soul. lol

Press at the show got the first look at the next profession, the necromancer. More information about the necromancer will be coming in the future. :)
    Regina Buenaobra
    Community Manager
    ArenaNet, Inc.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I feel like we should make a thread to round up the Gameplay articles, no?

Also, I thought we were all in agreement that the next profession revealed would be Mesmer? No? Just me? Fine.

I was thinking the same thing RDarken. Where is the mesmer ?

The necromancer was the most obvious class they could reveal (there was one in the novel) wheras the mesmer only got a passing reference.

Don't get me wrong, Mesmer is my #1 most desired class, but the Necro was just super obvious, just like the other three. The other classes all have at least some speculation about them.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    lol I know, I just really want them to confirm Mesmer and see what the class will offer. Confirming the Necro pretty much ensures that the Mesmer won't be revealed for quite some time (presumably after another soldier and adventurer).

Regarding the video:
    Anyone notice the player dives to the side at around 0:29? I hope combat doesn't work like it does in DDO (though DDO's combat is pretty fun...).
    Other things I noticed:
    First look at map travel. Didn't seem to be a cost in the wilderness, but could be because this was a demo.
    There are notifications when there's a new event nearby. Wonder if it will also help you locate the events?