moved intro section to new thread, text as of November 10th, 2011 kept for contingency reasons of discussions.
"Air is the source of all life. It is invisible, and yet it can destroy whole villages. Water, whether frozen or flowing, is life, and its currents run deep in us. The hunger of flames and their burning destruction demand respect. Fire immolates and clears the path for new growth. Earth is the foundation that supports all life. Stone fortifies us. Rock grounds us."
Preview profession guide: Elementalist (see also Gorani's alternative wiki page)
Version 1.5 (Made some text changes reflecting the current status quo)
The elementalist channels natural forces of destruction, making fire, air, earth, and water do her bidding. What the elementalist lacks in physical toughness, she makes up for in her ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack, dropping foes from a distance before they can become a threat. Yet, despite her incredible offensive potential, versatility is what makes the elementalist truly formidable.
Click on the spoiler tag for a preview of the Elementalist's armor screen and skill bar (from Gamescon demo August 2010)
Click on the spoiler tag for a preview of the Elementalist's armor screen and skill bar (from PAXeast demo March 2011)
Click on the spoiler tag for a preview of the Elementalist's armor screen and skill bar (from fan day demo June 2011)
Click on the spoiler tag for a preview of the Elementalist's traits screen (from PAXeast demo March 2011)
Attunements, the Elementalist's exclusive mechanic
Rather than swap weapons to adjust to new situations - the elementalist has only one weapon slot accessible during combat - the multi-faceted elementalist quickly adapts to new threats by attuning to different elements as needed. When the elementalist attunes to any of the four elements, she receives intrinsic bonuses that continually empower her. During character creation, elementalist characters must decide which of the four elements they prefer the most. This choice will reflect in the personal storyline of the character played.
The elementalist has four elemental attunements that they can tap into. These attunements are represented by four skills that are located on the bar above their normal skills. When an elementalist switches attunements, the first five skills on their bar will change. These five skills are based on the elementalist's attunement and their current weapon, so that a fire-attuned elementalist will have different skills when he wields a staff than when he wields a scepter or focus. In addition to changing the elementalist's skills, attunements also work like a normal skill and provide an ongoing effect.
With FIRE attunement, the elementalist can inflict scorching damage on multiple enemies by turning the ground to fire or raining down molten rock from the skies. Why kill just one enemy when you can burn them all? Just by attuning to fire, the elementalist automatically causes flame damage to any foe foolish enough to touch her.
==> While active, deals fire damage to anyone touching the caster and gives access to fire skills focusing on area of effect skills and burning foes.
When the elementalist attunes to AIR, she can harness wind and lightning to target specific foes with focused, high-damage attacks. Dazzling bolts of lightning rip from the elementalist's fingertips, and brilliant flashes of light blind her enemies. When an elementalist attunes to air, nearby enemies are continuously pelted with lightning strikes.
==> While active, strikes nearby foes with lightning bolts and gives access to air and lightning skills focusing on single-target high-damage skills or blinding foes.
WATER attunement forgoes the raw damage of air and fire, in favor of controlling an opponent's movement. By creating slippery ice or freezing foes solid, water attunement ensures that the battle is always fought on the elementalist's terms. Nearby allies receive continuous healing from an elementalist who is attuned to water.
==> While active, heals nearby allies and gives access to water skills focusing on slowing enemies' movement and healing allies.
In the most dangerous situations, the elementalist relies on the powerful defense of EARTH attunement. An earth elementalist uses the ground under her feet to defend herself and her allies, turning flesh to stone, destabilizing foes with seismic shocks, and destroying threats with volcanic eruptions. Earth attunement automatically confers magical protection to the elementalist.
==> While active, increases the caster's magical protection and gives access to earth skills focusing on defending allies and self.
When an Elementalist decides to change an attunement, the element enters a short phase of recharge. Like with skills, the player has to wait before he can change back to that attunement.
Elementalists have a number of special skill types:
- Glyphs—These arcane spells enhance or modify the natural power of the elementalist. She uses the Glyph of Elemental Power to increase the damage, range, and duration of her spells. Only elementalists have access to glyphs.
- Signets—Signets provide an ongoing benefit to the elementalist, but can also be activated for a greater effect. An elementalist equipped with the Signet of Earth has increased damage resistance, but activating the Signet sends out a wave of stone, stunning nearby enemies.
- Conjure Spells—The elementalist uses Conjure spells to summon useful items and potent weapons that she or other party members can use. For instance, she uses Conjure Flame to create a fiery rock to hurl at the enemy. Only elementalists have access to cojures.
- Area Spells—Using Area spells, the elementalist creates hazards and mayhem all over the field of battle. The elementalist fires lava arrows in a cone-shaped blast or creates walls of fire that scorch any enemies passing through.
- "Charge skills"—Using this type of skill the elementalist can either charge a spell to be more powerful (e.g. Churning Earth) or receive the benefit of the spell as long as the designated key is held down (e.g. Ether Renewal).
Trident (Two Handed) — Tridents are special aquatic weapons with a long range
Scepter (Main Hand) — casts various single and multiple target, medium range spells
Dagger (Main Hand) — emphasizes close range spells as well as self-defense
Staff (Two Handed) — Staves are slow casting long range weapons.
Dagger (Off Hand) — provides supportive spells in form of energy shields, healing geysers and defensive AoE effects.
Focus (Off Hand) — provides powerful close range abilities suitable for cross profession combinations
Before entering combat the elementalist has the choice to take action from the back line (using a Staff), move around and position himself on the battlefield (e.g. Scepter+Dagger or Scepter+Focus for a combination of midrange and short range skills) or be eye to eye with the enemy in the front line (Dagger+Focus). An Elementalist can not switch weapons during combat, as they have only one weapon slot. An Elementalist choses his effective range with his weapons and has to position himself according to that.
Back line ==> Staff ==> "Scepter + Dagger" ==> "Dagger + Dagger" or "Dagger + Focus" ==> "Dagger + Focus" ==> Front line
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 10 of 204
Thread: GW2 Elementalist - all the news!
24-08-2010, 09:00 #1
GW2 Elementalist - all the news!
Last edited by Gorani; 30-01-2012 at 12:22. Reason: several changes to weapon ranges and other things
03-09-2010, 17:28 #2
- GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
Skill section removed to new thread, text as of November 7th, 2011 kept for contingency reasons of discussions.
Preview skills: Elementalist (see also Gorani's alternative spell list)
Version 1.6d (added some missing things + Elite skill bars during PAX)
This section is dedicated to the skills & abilities of the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2. Until the final release of the game, all skills may change, alter their names and effect, cost more or less energy or might even be removed from the game. This list can only document the current status quo of the skills, based on official sources like the wiki.guildwars2.com, arena.net/blog or statements made by ArenaNet employees in various online and print publications.
I have added additional tagging to the skills' descriptions, underlining special effects that e.g. grant boons or cause conditions.
Downed skills - Surface
* Discharge Lightning: Send out a large blast of lightning. (15)
* Grasping Earth: Summon hands that erupt from the ground and immobilize your enemy. (4)
* Vapor Form: Assume a mobile, vaporous form. When it ends you become downed again. (45)
* Help Me! Call for help from allies. Makes you invulnerable for a short while. (20)
Downed skills - under water
* Still to be named: ???
* Still to be named: ???
* Still to be named: ???
* Help Me! Call for help from allies. Makes you invulnerable for a short while. (20) recharge.
Two Handed (long range aquatic weapon, fixed skill set)
1) Forked Lightning: Launch a streak of lightning that forks on impact, hitting other foes, no recharge.
2) Electrocute: Charge the water around your foe with electricity. (5)
3) Air Pocket: Release a slow-moving, detonatable, air pocket. When it explodes, you flash to that location. (12)
4) Air Bubble Trap your foe in an air bubble and make them rise(float) to surface. (35)
5) Lightning Cage: Summon an electrical field that stuns foes crossing it. (32)
1) Rock Blade: Shoot a rocky blade at your foe.
2) Rock Spray: Spray gravel in a cone pattern to bleed foes. (12)
3) Magnetic Current: Pulls you to your foe and immobilizes them. (18)
4) Rock Anchor: Anchor a rock to your foe, making them sink. (35)
5) Murky Water: Blind foes around you. (45)
1) Magma Orb: Shoot a blob of molten rock that explodes after a delay.
2) Boil: Boil the water around your foe. (10)
3) Steam: Superheat the water around foe, blinding and burning them. (25)
4) Lava Chains: Cripple multiple foes with lava chains. (30)
5) Heatwave: Knock back foes and regenerate allies with a wave of heat. (45)
1) Water Missile: Launch a slow-moving homing missle.
2) Ice Globe: Shoot a slow-moving, detonatable icy orb. (10)
==> Ice Globe Detonate
3) Ice Wall: Summon a wall of ice that you can shatter. (20)
==> Ice Wall Detonate
4) Under Current: Drag your foe down (sink) into the depths. (20)
5) Tidal Wave: Charge forward with tidal force, knocking back foes. (10)
Unchanged aquatic skill bar 6) to 10)
During the Gamescom 2011 demo, the surface skills of the Elementalist appeared on the aquatic skill bar as well. It is unknown if "active" skills that effect the environment (e.g. like the Elite Tornado) could be used under water. Passive skills (e.g. like signets) should apply.
Main Hand (fast medium range skills; skill slots 1-3)
1) Lightning Whip: Lash your foe with lightning, no recharge.
2) Lightning Touch: Shock your foe and make them vulnerable. (6)
3) Shocking Aura: Surround yourself with electrical energy that stuns attackers. (20)
1) Impale: Spear your foes on a giant stone spike, no recharge
2) Ring of Earth: Bleed foes with a ring of rocky spikes. Gain protection. (6)
3) Magnetic Grasp: Pull yourself to your foe with a magnetic force. (12)
1) Dragon's Claw: Send a spread pattern of fire streaking toward your foe, no recharge.
2) Drake's Breath: Spray a cone of fire at foes while on the move. (5)
3) Burning Speed: Sprint forward, leaving a burning wall of fire along your path. (30)
1) Vaporblade: Form a vaporblade that strikes all enemies along its line, no recharge.
2) Cone of Cold: Spray an icy blast that damages foes and freezes (chills)on a critical hit. (?)
3) Frozen Burst: Detonate a burst of ice that immobilizes nearby enemies. (25)
Off Hand (powerful medium rage skills; skill slots 4+5)
4) Ride the Lightning: Ride the lightning to your foe. If you hit a foe before your target, you stop short and do no damage. (15)
5) Updraft: Gain swiftness on a gust of wind that launches nearby foes.
4) Earthquake: Trigger a quake at your location, knocking down foes and dealing massive damage. (50)
5) Churning Earth: While it charges, enemies are slowed down around the caster and then heavy damage is dealt to them. (?)
4) Ring of Fire: Damage nearby foes. Leave behind a ring of fire, burning foes that pass through it. (25)
5) Flame Touch: Damage your foe. 1.5x damage to burning foes. (20)
4) Armor of Frost: Protect yourself with frosty armor and freeze (chill) surrounding foes. (30)
5) Healing Wave: Heal yourself and nearby allies while damaging foes. (15)
Off Hand (medium rage skills; skill slots 4+5)
4) Swirling Aura: Create a swirling aura around you that reflects projectile attacks back at their source. (40)
5) Gale: Knock down your target with a charged blast of wind. (45)
4) Magnetic Wave: Damage foes, remove conditions, and reflect projectiles with a magnetic surge. (25)
5) Obsidian Flesh: Envelop yourself in stony armor making yourself invulnerable. (50)
==> Obsidian Flame: Release your Obsidian Flesh in a strike of Obsidian Flame.
4) Flamewall: Create a wall of flame at target location, burning foes who cross it. (25)
5) Fire Shield: Envelop yourself in a shield of fire that burns foes. (16)
4) Freezing Gust: Chill your foe for a short time with an arctic gust. (30)
5) Comet: Drop a comet of ice on target area and daze foes. (25)
(close range skills; skill slots 1-3)
1) Lightning Strike: Strike your foe with lightning, no recharge.
1) Arc Lightning: Cast an arc of electricity at your foe. (4)
3) Blinding Flash: Blind your foe with a flash of brilliant lightning. (45)
1) Stone Shards: Fling stone daggers at your foe to Bleed them, no recharge.
2) Rock Barrier: Envelop yourself in a stony barrier that improves armor.
==> Hurl: Summon a rock and hurl it at your foe.
3) Sandstorm: Blind your foes with a blast of sand. (15)
1) Flamestrike: Scorch your enemy with a blast of fire. (8)
2) Dragon's Tooth: Drop an explosive dragon's tooth on your foe. (25)
3) Phoenix: Send out a fiery phoenix to strike foes in a line, explode on impact and return to heal you. (30)
1) Ice Shards: Hold and release to pummel your foe with icy shards. (?)
2) Shatterstone: Drop an ice spike on target location that quickly explodes and damages foes. (4)
3) Water Trident: Cast a trident of water that knocks back foes. (20)
(long range skills; skill slots 1-5)
1) Chain Lighning: Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning.
2) Lightning Surge: Charge a lightning surge that blind your foe when it discharges. (10)
3) Gust: Blast enemies backwards (knockback) with multiple air bursts. (20)
4) Windborne Speed: Give swiftness to yourself and to nearby allies. (15)
5) Static Field: Create an electric field that dazes as it appears, if it is crossed and dazes again as it dissipates. (30)
1) Stoning: Hurl a rock at your foe and cause weakness, no recharge
2) Eruption: Shake the ground until it erupts and damages foes. (6)
3) Magnetic Aura: Deflect projectiles with magnetic energy. (20)
4) Unsteady Ground: Create unsteady ground that cripples foes that move through it. (20)
5) Shockwave: Create a shockwave that bleeds and immobilizes your target. (20)
1) Fireball: Cast a fireball that explodes on impact, no recharge.
2) Lava Font: Cause lava to erupt from target location. (20)
2) Flame Burst: Burn enemies around you. (?)
4) Burning Retreat: Roll directly backwards, leaving a burning wall of fire behind you. (15)
5) Meteor Shower: Call down a meteor shower on target area. Foes hit by meteors are knocked down. (45)
1) Water Blast : Shoot a jet of water at foes that also heals allies within its blast radius, no recharge.
2) Ice Spike: Summon a giant ice spike that crashes down on foes. (25)
3) Frozen Ground: Ice the ground in target area briefly, chilling foes that cross it. (45)
4) Geyser: Summons a geyser to heal nearby allies. (25)
5) Healing Rain: Call down a healing rain for your allies at the target area. Applies regeneration and removes conditions. (50)
Healing skills (designated skill slot 6)
* Aura of Restoration: It has the effect of healing the player every time a skill is used. ==> not found in game yet
* Ether Renewal: Hold down to expend energy and heal yourself.
* Glyph of Elemental Harmony: Heal self.
==> Attuned to Fire: Gain Might. -- Attuned to Air: Gain Swiftness. -- Attuned to Water: Gain Regeneration. -- Attuned to Earth: Gain Protection. (20)
* Glyph of Healing: Glyph of Healing is a straightforward elementalist healing glyph. ==> not found in game yet
* Signet of Restoration: Passive: Gain health every time you cast a spell. Active: Heal yourself. (40)
Other/Arcanum (unassigned skill slots 7-9)
* Arcane Shield: Block attacks with an arcane energy shield. If it blocks 3 attacks it explodes. (75)
* Energy Blast: Charged spell that deals more damage the longer it is charged. (45)
* Energy Shield: Surround yourself with an energy shield that reduces damage by 50%. (90)
* Cleansing Fire: Remove all conditions and break out of stun. Set enemies on fire. (30)
* Glyph of Arcane Power: All your attacks are critical hits. (45)
* Glyph of Concentration: You cannot be knocked down, stunned, chilled or launched. (??)
* Glyph of Elemental Power: Your attacks are all critical for 10 seconds. (105)
* Glyph of Elemental Storage: This allows the elementalist to store a spell of one element, for example fireball, and then use it when he/she is attuned to a different element. (105)
Air Magic skills (unassigned skill slots 7-9)
* Conjure Lightning: ???
* Signet of Air: Passive: grants swiftness. Active: blind foes around target.
* Lightning Flash: Flash to target area. (60)
* Lightning Field: Create a field of lightning to shock foes in target area. (25) ==> Currently unassigned skill & not in game
* Lightning Storm: Create a punishing storm of lightning. (30) ==> Currently unassigned skill & not in game
* Lightning Hammer: ???
Earth Magic skills (unassigned skill slots 7-9)
* Conjure Earth: ???
* Signet of Earth: provides a passive bonus to damage resistance, and also sends out a wave of stone once activated.
* Stoneflesh Aura: ???
* Shield Smack: ???
* Fortify: ???
Fire Magic skills (unassigned skill slots 7-9)
* Conjure Flame: Conjure three Lava Axes for you and your allies. (90)
* Signet of Fire: Passive: Gain Fury. Active: Burn an enemy. (45)
* Lava Arrows: Cone-shaped volley of projectiles.
* Backdraft: Create a backdraft that pulls your target to you while burning them. ==> Currently unassigned skill & not in game
Water Magic skills (unassigned skill slots 7-9)
* Conjure Frost: Conjure three frost bows for you and your allies. (90)
* Signet of Water: Passive: You cleanse a condition every three seconds. Active: Freeze your foe (45)
* Mist Form: Transform into an invulnerable, vaporous mist for a brief time. (75)
* Deep Freeze: ??? (still rumored)
* Maelstrom: Create an ice storm in target area that drops damaging hail and chills foes. (45) ==> currently out of game, "Comet" uses the skills icon.
Elite skills (designated skill slot 10)
* Fiery Greatsword: Summon and wield a fiery greatsword. (180) ==> When summoned, the greatsword falls from the sky in a ball of fire and must be picked up by the player in order to be used. Once equipped, it changes your first 5 weapon skills:
1) Flame Wave ==> ???
2) Fiery Eruption ==> Slam your sword into the ground and make fire erupt near your foes. (5)
3) Fiery Whirl ==> Advance forwards, slashing the foes in your way. (5)
4) Fiery Rush ==> Charge at target foe leaving a wall of fire behind you. (10)
5) Firestorm ==> Call down a firestorm on target area. (15)
* Tornado: Shapeshift into a mobile tornado that causes massive damage and launches enemies. (180) ==> health is doubled for the duration, the skill bar changes to (6-10 are locked):
1) "Chain Lightning" ==> Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. (10)
2) "Chain Lightning" => Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. (10)
3) "Chain Lightning" ==> Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. (10)
4) "Chain Lightning" ==> Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning. (10)
5) "Dust Devil" ==> Blind your foes with a blast of sand. (10)
Unknown skills (based on rumors & misc. previews)
I have added all rumored skills to the "other section", since they are on the wiki now. Skills that have not yet surfaced got a "???" as their description. Skills that have already been in the game and got removed have been flagged.
Last edited by Gorani; 07-11-2011 at 19:08. Reason: moved parts of thread
03-09-2010, 17:40 #3
Trait section moved to new thread; text as of November 7th, 2011 kept for contingency reasons of discussions.
Preview traits: Elementalist
Version 1.2b (added extrapolated traits for Air, Fire & Water)
Traits are acquired by completing profession challenges scattered throughout the world. Each profession focuses on different activities to develop his or her traits. Elementalists seek ancient knowledge locked in tomes or particularly powerful elemental locations.
The Elementalist has one general trait line: Arcanum. They also have lines for each attunement: Earth Mastery, Air Mastery, Water Mastery and Fire Mastery, and each of the weapons they can wield.
* Superior Precision: increases your Precision by 75
* Superior Power: increases your Power by 75
* Minor Power: increases your Power by 10
* Major Power: increases your Power by 25
* Minor Precision: increases your Precision by 10
* Major Precision: increases your Precision by 25
* Minor Vitality: increases your Vitality by 10
* Major Vitality: increases your Vitality by 25
* Minor Toughness: increases your Toughness by 10
* Major Toughness: increases your Toughness by 25
* Conjurer: summon more weapons with Conjures
* Scribe: Utility glyphs rechnage faster
* Air Magic 1: ???
* Air Magic 2: ???
* Stormchild: You recover from stuns 25% faster.
* Haste: Grants swiftness when attuning.
* Earth Magic 1: ???
* Earth Magic 2: ???
* Earth Magic 1: ???
* Earth Magic 2: ???
* Stone boots: Grants immunity to knock back effects
* Fiery Aura: Burning caused by Fire Attuement lasts longer
* Pyromancer: You do more damage with fire
* One with Fire: Gain 10 seconds of might after you attune to fire.
* Torchlight: You recover faster from burning
* Wave of Flame: Cause nearby enemies to burn when you attune to fire.
* Water Magic 1: ???
* Water Magic 2: ???
* One with the Water: Gain regeneration for 10 seconds when you attune to water.
* Frozen Skin: You recover from being Chilled twice as fast.
* Staff mastery: While wielding a staff, you do 10% more damage.
* Improved Chain Lightningl: ???
* Improved Lightning Surge: ???
* Improved Gust: ???
* Improved Static Field: Static Field stuns instead of dazing.
* Improved Lightning Storm: ???
* Improved Fireball: Fireball has a wider area of effect.
* Improved Flamestrike: ???
* Improved Lava Font: Lava Font fires projectiles.
* Improved Phoenix: Phoenix heals for more.
* Improved Meteor Shower: Summon more meteors with Meteor
* Improved Water Blast: ???
* Improved Ice Shards: Fully charged Ice Shards also stuns.
* Improved Water Trident: ???
* Improved ice Spike: ???
* Improved Healing Rain: ???
* Scepter mastery: While wielding a scepter, you do 10% more damage.
* Improved Lightning Whip: Lightning Whip does more damage.
* Improved Shocking Aura: ???
* Improved Ride the Lightning: ???
* Improved Flame Burst: ???
* Improved Dragon's Breath: ???
* Improved Fire Grab: ???
* Improved Cone of Cold: ???
* Improved Healing Wave: ???
* Improved Armor of Frost: Armor of Frost grants protection to nearby allies.
* Dagger mastery: While wielding a dagger, you do 10% more damage.
* Improved Arc Lightning: ???
* Improved Lightning Field: ???
* Improved Blinding Flash: ???
* Improved Lightning Strike: ???
* Improved Gale: ???
* Improved Dragon's Claw: ???
* Improved Burning Retreat: ???
* Improved Flamewall: ???
* Improved Dragon's Tooth: ???
* Improved Ring of Fire: ???
* Improved Vapor Blade: ???
* Improved Shatterstone: ???
* Improved Frozen Ground: ???
* Improved Freezing Gust: ???
* Improved Maelstrom: ???
* Focus mastery: While wielding a focus, you do 10% more damage.
* Improved Windborn Speed: ???
* Improved Swirling Aura: ???
* Improved Burning Speed: ???
* Improved Backdraft: ???
* Improved Geyser: ???
* Improved Frozen Burst: ???
At the current state of information it looks like every skill linked to a weapon has some sort of "Improved *skill name*" version, which enhances a certain aspect of the skill, like damage, AoE or additional effect like stun. After the GamesCom demo a lot of skills have changed weapons. I have not switched them yet, because traits had been disabled in the demo & things might be changed again.
Last edited by Gorani; 07-11-2011 at 19:13. Reason: moved section to new thread
03-09-2010, 17:46 #4
- GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
Ok, fair point. It just seems a bit misleading since one's first reaction is to compare what's different in an attunement change and that is the skills.
Or maybe I'm over thinking?
Is this thread only for preview information on the elementalist, or is it okay to general discuss it as well?
03-09-2010, 17:55 #5
The skill icons do not reflect the skill bars above them. They show different skills anyway. They should show how skill icons for the Ele look, e.g. Fire icons are dominated by orange and red, Water icons are blue and white. This is in contrast to GW 1 icons, which all had a hue of red for the Elementalist.
All skills are listed as they appear on the official wiki right now - and Dragon's Tooth & Flame Prison are listed as off-hand dagger dagger skills, here and on the wiki.
The mod team is currently discussing if or if not to move profession related threads from the GW2GDF to the newly created profession forum. Right now, I'd say use the GDF for speculation until you see the threads moved here.
I want to keep this thread for hard facts and first hand info from wiki, ArenaNet blog & PAX right now and keep "personal feelings" & likes + dislikes out.
What I would like you all to post are links to newly surfaced skill icons or skill descriptions, that are still missing from the list.
People at Gamescom seem to have focused much more on the Ranger and Necro than on the Ele, e.g. we hardy know any traits yet.
03-09-2010, 22:34 #6
Is it just me, or does it seem odd that dagger skills are medium range and scepter skills are short range? Seem to me it should be the other way around...
03-09-2010, 23:54 #7
Don't clutter up this thread with discussion. (Sorry and hope you get some good info for here)
04-09-2010, 01:25 #8
I'm a bit unsure about some of the wording here. Do we have confirmation that skills outside the first five skills (which are both the weapon skills and the skills which change when people switch between attunements), such as the skills currently listed at the "(unassigned skill slots 6+)" sections, are also within the influence of a given elemental attunement? For example, if the skill Stone Signet is a utility skill (slots 7 to 9 at the skill bar), could it be an Earth Attunement skill? Or are only the weapon skills used while under Earth Attunement considered to be under that attunement's influence?
04-09-2010, 01:28 #9
- GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
The first 5 skills are the only ones affected by the attunements. The Shatterer HQ video has a female charr ele in Fire attunement using Mist Form on her utility skills.
I think it's just an organization method.
04-09-2010, 07:45 #10