Since your muscle memory includes the timing of hitting the skills, you'd have to retrain it anyway when recharges change. If they reshuffle the skills, I would think that helps get us retrained sooner because we have to pay more attention for a bit, rather than hitting keys in the same order and and thinking "oh, yeah, cooldown change" when we don't get the usual result.
PC Gaming News
Results 121 to 130 of 204
Thread: GW2 Elementalist - all the news!
24-10-2012, 05:30 #121
- Isle of Janthir
- The Fuzzy Physics Institute
29-10-2012, 21:32 #122
Some short updates:
- Magnetic Grasp is not completely bug free after the 22nd update should have fixed it. But the Lock down happens not so often.
- People at the official forum are still discussing whether RTL has been "stealth nerfed" in its ability to "jump" big distances (I see no differences to before the 22nd) and how buggy it still is (range, dealing damage or not and sometimes you burst in the wrong direction - no auto target issue!)
- The rest of the page one threads are really very varied in their topic (the unavoidable "we are too weak threads", some D/D & S/D Q&As, upgrade threads etc.).
- A new Skill of Interest will be out during the week.
... We are preparing for our big November update, which will start on November 15, and there will be content that will be in the game prior to that, leading up to the event ...
It is likely, that some fixes & balances will be included in that update as well. Elementalists still need quite some fixes - perhaps we will get some balances as well.
31-10-2012, 14:37 #123
New Skill of Interest is an old one: Vapor Form
How has the overhaul changed your experience? Discuss in the Skills of Interest thread linked above.
14-11-2012, 17:53 #124
I have not been lazy the last two weeks, I just have so many others things to do right now, that I am not up to the latests news and could not find the time to put up a Skill of Interest that excites me or is controversial enough.
With a lot of profession changes coming with the November/Lost Shores update I expect/fear a few things happening in 24 hours:
- Vapor Form - lets find out if they show some backbone and let us keep this great downed skill now as it is. I would be fine with a 1 sec initial cool down on VF, that would both give PvPlers time to stomp and would Eles to keep accidentally trigger VF on a down.
- Bug fixes to various issues - Grasping Earth, RTL, Windborne Dagger trait... quite a few ... too numerous to list
- Nerfs - hopefully none
- Buffs - Conjures need some love.
- Cross profession HP balance - hopefully they will try to reduce the margin that sets the professions apart a little bit by gathering them on more balanced middle ground.
- Traits - I assume we will get some shifting here and there and hopefully a small buff to the "Alacrity X" ones, by offering a small bonus in addition to the cool down recharge (like other professions have)
I will try to list & comment on changes as soon as possible.
16-11-2012, 06:25 #125
- Ride the Lightning: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably.
- Magnetic Grasp: This skill should now track moving enemies more reliably and end correctly when you reach your target.
- Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer creates unintended blast finishers.
- Ether Renewal: This skill’s cast time has been reduced from 4.75 to 3.5 seconds. There is no change to the total amount of healing.
- Healing Rain: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
- Armor of Earth: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
- Churning Earth: This skill’s description no longer references “hold and release.”
- Signets of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water: These skills should now have a cast animation while wielding a Fiery Greatsword.
- Ring of Fire: This skill on Conjure Flame now lists itself as a Fire combo field.
- Dragon’s Tooth: The blast finisher for this skill now triggers at the spell location rather than the character’s location.
- Magnetic Wave: This skill’s missile-reflect portion now has an accompanying icon.
- Phoenix: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 5 seconds of vigor that this skill applies.
- Blasting Staff and Geomancer’s Alacrity: These traits now work together for the Eruption skill.
- Mist Form: This skill now works with the Water Magic trait Cantrip Mastery.
- Soothing Wave: This skill now properly applies regeneration to the elementalist when using Conjure Frost rather than only when the bow is picked up.
- Healing Ripple: This skill’s scaling with healing power has been reduced by 50% in PvP only, as it had scaling that’s normally reserved for main healing skills. The maximum number of targets has also been reduced from infinite to 5.
- Obsidian Focus: This Earth Magic trait now grants toughness when channeling the Stone Shards skill.
- Ice Spike: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct amount of vulnerability when traited.
- Conjure Frost Bow’s Deep Freeze: This skill now applies 1 second of chill per pulse, preventing extreme stacking of chill on a target.
- Conjure Frost Bow’s Ice Storm: This skill now applies 5 seconds of bleeding per hit instead of confusion.
- Tidal Wave: This skill’s responsiveness has been improved.
- Tornado: Leaving this elite skill now removes the stability it grants in order to make it consistent with other elite transformation abilities.
- Vapor Form: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to contest a capture point.
- Flame Axe: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
- Frost Bow: This weapon now grants the wielder increased condition duration and increased healing power.
- Fiery Greatsword: This weapon now grants the wielder power and condition damage.
- Magnetic Shield: This weapon now grants the wielder vitality and toughness.
- Lightning Hammer: This weapon now grants the wielder increased precision and critical damage.
- Ride the Lightning: bug fix, hopefully a final one.
- Magnetic Grasp: bug fix, hopefully a final one.
- Trait: Evasive Arcana: There are unwanted blast finishers? I don't get it.
- Ether Renewal: buff, faster condition remove pulses
- Healing Rain: clarification
- Armor of Earth: clarification
- Churning Earth: clarification to update on the actual state of the skill
- Signets of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water: visual bug fix
- Ring of Fire: clarification on skill effect
- Dragon’s Tooth: makes sense to switch the blast location as it is logical
- Magnetic Wave: visual bug fix
- Phoenix: clarification
- Blasting Staff and Geomancer’s Alacrity: bug fix
- Mist Form: bug fix
- Trait : Soothing Wave: bug fix
- Trait: Healing Ripple: first part of it really is a fix, the second one a small nerf, that goes along with other skills that have their effect reduced to a mx of 5 allies, making it less powerful in huge zergs.
- Trait: Obsidian Focus: bug fix
- Ice Spike: bug fix
- Conjure Frost Bow’s Deep Freeze: nerf, but probably goes with the intended design o fthe skill
- Conjure Frost Bow’s Ice Storm: A nerf, as the Elementalist lost his only source of Confusion due to the "inferior" condition of Bleed
- Tidal Wave: bug fix
- Tornado: bringing it in line with other transforms, but you ponder about why people premature ended an Elite skill to keep its Stability with the usual skill bar (Hint: yes, Tornado is not that great).
- Vapor Form: Not sure what the problem was, probably a sPvP issue (?)
- Flame Axe: buff, making it deal more damage
- Frost Bow: buff, adding an aggressive & a defensive ability
- Fiery Greatsword: buff, making it deal more damage
- Magnetic Shield: buff, adding a defensive bonus
- Lightning Hammer: buff, making it deal more damage
17-11-2012, 06:17 #126
I don't really know if this helps. I'm going to hold off on saying anything too negative, but other than the buffs to the conjure weapons (which, to be honest, I find annoying), this doesn't help too much. Perhaps this update was more of a bug fix than a balance thing though.
17-11-2012, 09:38 #127
Other professions got mostly bug fixes too, as I assume from a first glance at the list of changes.
But something like balancing out the HP divide has not happened, yet (which I think is an issue).
17-11-2012, 14:12 #128
- Isle of Janthir
- The Fuzzy Physics Institute
The crying on The Other Forum about the nerf to Evasive Arcana is something to behold. There is a real price to be paid for running the OP-Build-of-the-Month in GW2, since you can end up with a large number of trait points that have to be redistributed. Maybe some people will start to think twice before jumping on these bandwagons and just focus on solid builds that will survive any future balancing and bug fixes. Maybe. (Nah.)
17-11-2012, 14:40 #129
17-11-2012, 18:41 #130
The might stacking with Evasive Arcana was bound to be on the nerf list, as it was way too powerful and I doubt that it was intended to allow that many blasts. The reaction on Guru is a bit over the top, because there are blast finishers left outside EA, you just have to use them wisely and can't spam them now.
Also some of the "clarifications" are not really nerfs, as e.g. Phoenix already did that lower number when applying Vigor.
Could the class need some buffs?
Yes, of course. The health point / armour divide of the professions. Tornado still being a "meh" elite. No under water fields to skills that would benefit from the new rise of under water finishers. Conjures are still way too bad (the second weapon does not give the stat increase of the update); Traits like the Alacrity ones still lack the additional benefit of a bonus all other professions have.
This update did not make the profession better or worse than before, it was just not closing the gap to other professions with whom you can achieve the same with half the work.
I like playing the class. It is so much more fun than my Ranger. That's why I am holding on.