PC Gaming News
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Perhaps "OP" was not quite the right choice of terms. Niche, maybe? The whole build was focused on one Grand Master trait and overly-dependent on quirks of that trait. I think a robust build has more flexibility, with some alternative trait choices in each line being about equally viable.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    For all of you who don't go to the official forums: Today's build was maintenance only and did not fix the bug with Dragon's Tooth (it does cause no Blast Finisher right now; not at impact & not at your position).

The [Basics] Skill thread has been updated to include the changes.

PS: I have also updated the tables in the "So how is my..." threads to include future weapons & armours in Ascended & Legendary levels.
    Last edited by Gorani; 20-11-2012 at 16:44.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

According to the official forums guys, a new bug with RTL was introduced (recharge no longer shortens with traits). Also, the cantrip fixes and magnetic grasp fix apparently didn't fix anything. Can anyone confirm?

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I can confirm that Magnetic Grasps is still self-immobilizing you around 25% of the time (it kept its stealthy Leap finisher though).
    I did not check RTL as I am not using Aeromancers Alacrity as a standard trait.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Nice read on the offcial forums:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...nity-Agrees-On

I can agree on most of the 10+1 things listed there.

There is no new info on the Dragon's Tooth bug or other things concerning the profession this past week.
    I will have the time for a new Skill of Interest this weekend, so look out for a new one on Sunday.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Elementalist

Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.

Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.

Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.

Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.

Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.

Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.

Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.

Gorani's comment:
    conjured weapons - bug fix, as there was no reason why the pick up weapons would not give the bonus
    Dragon's Tooth - bug fix to the broken skill they introduced in the last update
    Electrocute - Not sure about the range thing, as it was always intended to have 1200 range. Bug fix I guess. The line of sight thing is a slight nerf, but not really consistent on Anet's side, as you can still hit foes through a wall with a melee weapon, which is far more unbalancing than a "no line of sight".
    Impale - no idea what this was about, bug fix
    Arcane Resurrection - Again, never used it. Not sure how long the Auras lasted before.
    Evasive Arcana - Back to a consistent way to treat Churning Earth? Or whining helped? You decide.

New things undocumented:

Auras previously benefited from points in Arcana, so increased boon duration was applied to auras as well. This has been removed, which should reduce the duration of skills like Shocking Aura (see below) by one second (perhaps even more).

Concerning the "stealth nerf" to Shocking Aura (from 5 to 4 seconds)

Shocking Aura was always 4 seconds, but was affected by Boon Duration (and had an incorrect tooltip). What we would usually see is that the aura lasted so long is because elementalists had put points into Arcana. On the other hand, it’s no longer able to be ripped off by boon removal abilities.

Problems with RTL & other transforms:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Nerfed/918354

I can confirm this bug while using Ride the Lightning, Mist Form or Tornado.

My hp with 30 into water: 17,615
    Ride the Lightning: 14,615 (lost all 300 vitality from water)
    Mist Form: 13,335 (lost an extra 128 vitality on top of 300 from water)
    Tornado: 13,335 (same as above)

My precision with 10 into air: 1016/9%
    Ride the Lightning: 916/4%
    Mist Form: 916/4%
    Tornado: 916/4%

My power with 0 points into fire: 1761
    Ride the Lightning: 1761 (no change)
    Mist Form: 1581 (lost 180 power)
    Tornado: 1581 (lost 180 power)

My toughness with 0 into earth: 1612
    Ride the Lightning: 1612 (no change)
    Mist Form: 1484 (lost 128 toughness)
    Tornado: 1484 (lost 128 toughness)

Note:
    I have 2 power/toughness/vitality daggers,
    Totalling 180 power, 128 toughness and 128 vitality.
    Since I lost exactly that on top of stats from traits when using Mist Form and Tornado, I’m pretty sure the weapon stats got removed when transformed.
    I think someone should check using weapons with other stats.

Conclusion:

Ride the lightning: Removes vitality and precision from traits.

Mist Form: Removes vitality and precision from traits, removes all stats from weapons

Tornado: Removes vitality and precision from traits, removes all stats from weapons (I know it gives you buffs, but it also removes the stats from traits/weapons. I can confirm this because I was watching the hero panel)
    Last edited by Gorani; 04-12-2012 at 13:22.

ooh my giggles. Our skills actually hurt/down us now. That's a funny bug.

Will those "auramancer" builds be highly affected by this "nerf"? (I feel like the devs wouldn't call it a nerf because it was probably unintended, but after a while, that gets old to hear).

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kusanagi View Post
    ooh my giggles. Our skills actually hurt/down us now. That's a funny bug.

Will those "auramancer" builds be highly affected by this "nerf"? (I feel like the devs wouldn't call it a nerf because it was probably unintended, but after a while, that gets old to hear).
    Not checked, but assuming the duration increase worked on all four aura types:

Since each point in Arcana gave you 1% Aura duration you needed 30 points in Arcana to see an increase in Fiery Aura (3 sec +30% time). Shocking Aura & Magnetic Aura got their 5 sec duration from at least 25 points in Arcana (4sec + 25%).
    If it applied to Frost Aura as well, it will make a difference as that is 7 seconds in duration, so high point sin Arcana could have raised the duration by 2 sec.

Will it affect the Auramancer builds? No. Those get their boosts for activating their auras and not for the duration of the aura. Nothing has changed (if there are no buggy things involved).

More Devs on the official Ele forum (The first time in weeks, if not months)

RTL is indeed a bug. I’ve got a fix and going to try and push it through today.

Jon Peters

Concerning the Evasive Arcana (The statement about attunement field should not have a blast finisher, so you have to swap was new to me)

We’ll be adding a bit more functionality to this trait in the near future for the earth portion of the ability (this time, associated with the skill’s cooldown), to keep it in line with our general policy of not having a blast finisher in the same weapon set you have a combo field.
    Additionally, we’re looking at traits across the board, for all professions, and will be doing some improvements in that aspect as well. We hope to be able to get some of these in for our next balance patch and open up more build possibilities!

-Karl

PS: Probably with Wintersday

On the Mistform + Cantrip Mastery bug (although it has never worked before AFAIK):

Reply to a "bad traits" thread:

Can I start? Icy Mist. This trait is really bad and should be merged with Soothing Wave to make room for a fall damage reduction trait

Yeah, thanks for this report I put in a fix for this a few minutes ago that will go live as soon as we have a build that pushes content. 12/14 at the latest.

Jon

oh, Ok. I haven't done much on the aura builds, which is why I asked. I hope they improve those traits; that'd be a great place to start.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Small site news:

You might have noticed that GWO is currently undergoing a change with streamlining forums and working on the over all layout. To keep up with the changes I have started to change the banner style here on the Elementalist forum.

Old:

New:

Banners have been reduced in size and lost their painterly look. I hope you like them.
    Please drop a note if you still find one of the old ones popping up.

Gorani

PS: Fix for RTL is in:

Changed certain player transformations to not remove Trait related stat boosts when active.
    Last edited by Gorani; 09-12-2012 at 21:53.