Updates are in, including some ArenaNet mind reading about under water fields and finishers.
I will comment all of those during the weekend.
- Fixed a bug where elementalists would not be attuned to any element, resulting in an empty skillbar.
- Shocking Aura: This aura is no longer incorrectly considered a boon. The aura will no longer be affected by boon duration, but also cannot be ripped by boon removal skills.
- Tidal Wave: This skill is now a leap finisher.
- Ice Wall—Detonate: This skill is now a blast finisher.
- Magma Orb: Damage is now split equally between the projectile and the explosion, instead of 2/3 explosion and 1/3 projectile. The total damage remains unchanged.
- Boil: This skill is now a fire field.
- Murky Water: This skill is now a smoke field.
- Rock Blade: This skill is now a small projectile finisher. Bleeding duration has been increased from one to three seconds. Aftercast has been increased by 200 milliseconds.
- Signet of Air: Increased the passive movement from 10% to 25%.
- Soothing Wave: This trait has incorporated the benefits of the now-defunct Icy Mist.
- Icy Mist: Replaced with Arcane Abatement. Take 50% less damage from falling. Create a spell when you take falling damage based on your attunement. Fire—Ring of Fire, water—Healing Wave, air—Static Field, and earth—Earthquake.
- Arcane Resurrection: Applies auras for five seconds instead of 10. Now also increases revive speed by 10%.
- Stone Splinters: Increased range from 300 to 600 units.
- Bolt to the Heart: Increased health percent from 25 to 33.
- Pyromancer’s Puissance: Increased might duration to 10 seconds.
- Cantrip Mastery: This skill now works with Mist Form in PvE.
- Trident: Rock Blade: This skill is no longer able to attack targets behind the player.
- Mist Form: This skill now allows players to swap attunements while it is active, allowing glyphs to work in Mist Form.
- Magnetic Grasp: This skill is now working as a leap finisher.
- The Fireball tooltip has been updated to display the correct radius.
Underwater fields and interacts. We’ve gone through and improved our underwater combat experience. Many professions had a distinct lack of fields and/or interacts, but now have them so as to improve the player interactions with one-another for underwater combat. Most professions have the same fields as they do above water, but there are some differences as well, such as the Elementalist who now has a smoke field on their Murky Water skill.
Gorani's comment on the changes:
- Fixed a bug where elementalists would not be attuned to any element, resulting in an empty skillbar => pure bug fix
- Shocking Aura: This was included in the last patch, but not documented. Although some Ele's will lose a second of uptime, the change makes sense. Positive effect => not strip-able by boon stealing.
- Tidal Wave: nice, as I said in the "Go with the current" thread; we needed those.
- Ice Wall—Detonate: nice
- Magma Orb: good change, as the orb was dodged easily, once it was stationary.
- Boil: nice
- Murky Water: great, didn't I tell you they should have made this *g*
- Rock Blade: buff & finisher - good change
- Signet of Air: great change, which increases the passive effect to that of the Thief; in travelling situations, e.g. in WvW you will not have to cast other skills to get you speed buff (although swiftness is still faster)
- Trident: Rock Blade: This goes with the general trend not to be able to attack things behind you.
- Mist Form: Working Glyphs? That could mean healing (not tested) and summoning pretty things. Great buff.
- Magnetic Grasp: Old, cold coffee. This skill worked as a Leap Finisher from the beginning, but it was never documented.
- The Fireball tooltip has been updated to display the correct radius: clarification & bug fix.
- Trait: Soothing Wave: gone with the junk; good addition; was already know to happen from a Dev post on the official forums.
- Trait: Icy Mist: Replaced with Arcane Abatement. Finally a falling damage trait
- Trait: Arcane Resurrection: Nerf I'd say, as the 10% revive speed does not outweigh the 50% reduction of the aura duration.
- Trait: Stone Splinters: good change, as most dagger skills go beyond the 300 range and the 5% bonus is not really so great compared to might stacks.
- Trait: Bolt to the Heart: Increased health percent from 25 to 33.
- Trait: Pyromancer’s Puissance: duration increase allows you to stack way more might, giving this grandmaster trait a good punch.
- Trait Cantrip Mastery: much overdue bug fix
PS: It will take me some time to make the changes to the [Basics] threads & Skills of Interest. I will make an announcement when those are up to date again.