PC Gaming News
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Updates are in, including some ArenaNet mind reading about under water fields and finishers.

I will comment all of those during the weekend.

Elementalist
    • Fixed a bug where elementalists would not be attuned to any element, resulting in an empty skillbar.
    • Shocking Aura: This aura is no longer incorrectly considered a boon. The aura will no longer be affected by boon duration, but also cannot be ripped by boon removal skills.
    • Tidal Wave: This skill is now a leap finisher.
    • Ice Wall—Detonate: This skill is now a blast finisher.
    • Magma Orb: Damage is now split equally between the projectile and the explosion, instead of 2/3 explosion and 1/3 projectile. The total damage remains unchanged.
    • Boil: This skill is now a fire field.
    • Murky Water: This skill is now a smoke field.
    • Rock Blade: This skill is now a small projectile finisher. Bleeding duration has been increased from one to three seconds. Aftercast has been increased by 200 milliseconds.
    • Signet of Air: Increased the passive movement from 10% to 25%.
    • Soothing Wave: This trait has incorporated the benefits of the now-defunct Icy Mist.
    • Icy Mist: Replaced with Arcane Abatement. Take 50% less damage from falling. Create a spell when you take falling damage based on your attunement. Fire—Ring of Fire, water—Healing Wave, air—Static Field, and earth—Earthquake.
    • Arcane Resurrection: Applies auras for five seconds instead of 10. Now also increases revive speed by 10%.
    • Stone Splinters: Increased range from 300 to 600 units.
    • Bolt to the Heart: Increased health percent from 25 to 33.
    • Pyromancer’s Puissance: Increased might duration to 10 seconds.
    • Cantrip Mastery: This skill now works with Mist Form in PvE.
    • Trident: Rock Blade: This skill is no longer able to attack targets behind the player.
    • Mist Form: This skill now allows players to swap attunements while it is active, allowing glyphs to work in Mist Form.
    • Magnetic Grasp: This skill is now working as a leap finisher.
    • The Fireball tooltip has been updated to display the correct radius.

Underwater fields and interacts. We’ve gone through and improved our underwater combat experience. Many professions had a distinct lack of fields and/or interacts, but now have them so as to improve the player interactions with one-another for underwater combat. Most professions have the same fields as they do above water, but there are some differences as well, such as the Elementalist who now has a smoke field on their Murky Water skill.

Gorani's comment on the changes:

• Fixed a bug where elementalists would not be attuned to any element, resulting in an empty skillbar => pure bug fix
    • Shocking Aura: This was included in the last patch, but not documented. Although some Ele's will lose a second of uptime, the change makes sense. Positive effect => not strip-able by boon stealing.
    • Tidal Wave: nice, as I said in the "Go with the current" thread; we needed those.
    • Ice Wall—Detonate: nice
    • Magma Orb: good change, as the orb was dodged easily, once it was stationary.
    • Boil: nice
    • Murky Water: great, didn't I tell you they should have made this *g*
    • Rock Blade: buff & finisher - good change
    • Signet of Air: great change, which increases the passive effect to that of the Thief; in travelling situations, e.g. in WvW you will not have to cast other skills to get you speed buff (although swiftness is still faster)
    • Trident: Rock Blade: This goes with the general trend not to be able to attack things behind you.
    • Mist Form: Working Glyphs? That could mean healing (not tested) and summoning pretty things. Great buff.
    • Magnetic Grasp: Old, cold coffee. This skill worked as a Leap Finisher from the beginning, but it was never documented.
    • The Fireball tooltip has been updated to display the correct radius: clarification & bug fix.
    • Trait: Soothing Wave: gone with the junk; good addition; was already know to happen from a Dev post on the official forums.
    • Trait: Icy Mist: Replaced with Arcane Abatement. Finally a falling damage trait
    • Trait: Arcane Resurrection: Nerf I'd say, as the 10% revive speed does not outweigh the 50% reduction of the aura duration.
    • Trait: Stone Splinters: good change, as most dagger skills go beyond the 300 range and the 5% bonus is not really so great compared to might stacks.
    • Trait: Bolt to the Heart: Increased health percent from 25 to 33.
    • Trait: Pyromancer’s Puissance: duration increase allows you to stack way more might, giving this grandmaster trait a good punch.
    • Trait Cantrip Mastery: much overdue bug fix

PS: It will take me some time to make the changes to the [Basics] threads & Skills of Interest. I will make an announcement when those are up to date again.
    Last edited by Gorani; 15-12-2012 at 09:44.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Site updates:

• Skills of Interest (Signet of Air, Magnetic Grasp) - updated
    • [Basics] Skill thread - updated
    • [Basics] Trait thread - updated
    • [Guide] for under water action - expanded

PS on auto attack skills & hit boxes:

Dagger auto attack #1 skills are all awful at hitting the diorama icons in Tixx's facility. You can pretty much hit everything 3 to 5 times before it gets demolished. Impale is a little bit better than the others but the rest is a joke compared to the sword wielding friends that went with me yesterday.

• Magnetic Grasp now only applies a leap combo if the player is standing in the field.
    • Ride the Lightning no longer resets attunement cooldowns.

Fixes to stuff they broke
    Last edited by Gorani; 02-01-2013 at 22:05.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

I want to wish all of you a very merry Christmas time the next few upcoming days. Whether you are staying at home or you will be travelling to far away friends and family - celebrate with your loved ones and think about old buddies you have not talked to or seen in a while.

Take care and see you for more Elementalist and Guild Wars stuff in 2013.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have updated the under water combat [Guide] now and tomorrow will mark the day my Elementalist can get out of Wintersday "red" and get back to "green" again.

I have also made a "look back at 2012" video which you can "listen to" on the GWO YouTube channel, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSD8Obbruo

PS: Not much action yet, but it leaves room for improvement. I know it is a bit boring to hear me talk for almost 8 minutes, but perhaps you don't mind.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    OK, site news:

• There is a thread to show off you Elementalist in the Screenshot, Arts & Fiction forum, you should all post your Elementalist
    • No Skills of Interest today, but next weekend you will get twice the fun: One new featured skill and the first Skills of Interest review video, which is currently about 90% finished. The video will be uploaded on GWO's YT channel and linked here. I chose the first skill that started the series: Phoenix.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    From the Dev interview two days ago:
    Q: Do you find any profession to be out of balance? Like Ele bunker, roamer, thief one shot combo, mesmer portal?
    Ele bunker is really strong, on our watchlist
    Expect some nerfs coming up to defensive skills & traits. AoE nerfs are also on the horizon across all professions, but Elementalists have quite a few AoE skills, so we will have to see what they do to those.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rselves/page/1

Current discussion on the official forums. Although a little bit hyped, the post where someone said that Elementalists chose bunker builds because of their mediocre damage is very close to the truth (as are the people saying that AoE fields are a counter to Thieves). Remember that some AoE skills already are limited to hit only 5 targets.
    Very pessimistic posters point out the similarity to GW1, where the balancing team reduced the damage of Elementalists so much that you really only played it for fun and not if you want to kill things fast or be competitive. The fix to that issue in GW1 came "too little, too late" - or has anybody played his Elementalist after the "Exhaustion => Overcast update"?

No Skills of Interest this week, I will try to squeeze in one next week.
    Last edited by Gorani; 19-01-2013 at 16:20.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I haven't played it enough to decide yet if the GW1 ele is fixed or ruined. I know I'm not pleased with the change to Magnetic Surge, since it spoiled the perfect skill for dealing with dervishes and other enchant-heavy foes. Damage reduction on about the only skill eles had capable of dealing armor-ignoring damage on a par with other casters? WTH were they thinking?

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Profession Skills
    General

• Cancelling executing skills that have no recharge via the [Escape] key or stowing weapons will now trigger a 0.5-second cooldown for that skill.
    • Weapons now continue to grant bonus stats while bundles are equipped.
    • Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.
    • Updated skill facts.

Elementalist

• Fixed a bug that caused several spells, including Tornado, Arcane Shield, and most frequently Whirlpool, to sometimes fail to display any graphics.
    • Arcane Power: The number of uses on this skill’s effect will now decrease if an attack lands or if the attack is negated by Blind, Block, Evade, Obstructed, or Invulnerable.
    • Arc Lightning: Fixed a bug which would cause this skill’s animation effects to continue playing after the skill ended.
    • Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer enables players to break knockback effects.
    • Glyph of Renewal: Increased this skill’s cast time while underwater from 1 second to 3.5 seconds.
    • Ice Spikes: This skill now appropriately displays area-of-effect rings.
    • Rock Spray: Skill facts for this skill now display the proper distance and bleed damage.
    • Vapor Form: This skill will no longer allow players to rally off of kills that grant zero experience. This skill will now also properly restore death state on completion.

Profession Skills
    General

• Cancelling executing skills...: This does not apply to swapping attunements, if you wondered
    • Weapons now continue ... & Bundles from player skills: This is a buff for people using conjures. It still makes conjured weapons less powerful than your regular weapon, but the move is closing the gap further.

Elementalist

• Fixed a bug ... to sometimes fail to display any graphics: Pure bug fix
    • Arcane Power: This makes the skill less powerful of course, but it is in line with other similar adjustments on all professions. e.g. you can mess up a spike now if you are blinded yourself as it will count as an attack now. Also attacking people behind rocks you can't reach does waster a charge
    • Arc Lightning: bug fix
    • Evasive Arcana: Seems logical, although it does weaken the trait
    • Glyph of Renewal: It's a fix to the inconsistency that allowed the Glyph to be working faster under water. It does not really make the rather weak skill better.
    • Ice Spikes: bug fix
    • Rock Spray: fix to inconsistency
    • Vapor Form: Does that mean that I can't rally off shooting Death Blossoms in TA dungeon? Does it create a "non-rally" window? Not sure how that will effect you in PvE & WvW now. Needs to be checked. Does the last sentence mean really?

Not the big nerf to "AoE skills vs individual damage" they talked about, but more updates will be coming.

PS: Undocumented change to Magnetic Grasp! It is split up now between a "Grasp" that does immobilize and a "Kick" that makes you leap toward the target. This means you can add a delay to the finisher if you want. Nice
    Last edited by Gorani; 29-01-2013 at 13:33.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Site news

Due to a tight RL schedule, I will not be able to make a second Skills of Interest video in February. I will be away on holiday, too, so the Skills of Interest threads here on the forum will be on a hiatus and will return in March.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    February 26th 2013 update

• Fixed a bug where players would sometimes become rooted after cancelling meteor shower, healing rain, or similar skills.
    • Signets will no longer lose their passive effects when changing slots on the utility bar.
    • Frost Aura: Incoming damage is reduced by 10% while under the effects of this aura. Enemies are only able to be chilled by this aura once per second. This affects all frost auras.
    • Flame Aura: In addition to the burning condition, this aura now grants 10 seconds of might each time the player is struck. This aura can activate only once per second. This change affects all flame auras.

Elementalist

• Comet: This ability’s strike now occurs faster upon casting.
    • Evasive Arcana: The spell cast while in water attunement has been split between PvE and PvP. This spell’s effectiveness with the healing attribute has been reduced by 50% while in PvP.
    • Flame Shield: This skill now lasts 5 seconds instead of 3.
    • Flame Wall: The combat region for combo interactions has been increased.
    • Glyph of Elemental Harmony: This healing skill now grants three stacks of might when used in fire attunement instead of one.
    • Ride the Lightning: This ability’s recharge has been increased to 20 seconds.
    • Shocking Aura: Updated this ability to indicate its cooldown on stunning enemies.
    • Stoning: This ability’s projectile speed has been increased by 22%.
    • Static Field: This field will now properly stun enemies that cross it rather than merely dazing them.

Gorani's comment:
    • Fixed a bug where players would sometimes become rooted after cancelling meteor shower, healing rain, or similar skills. - bug fix, beneficial to everybody
    • Signets will no longer lose their passive effects when changing slots on the utility bar. - Not sure why this could be a problem (we can't swp them in combat anyway), but bug fix category
    • Frost Aura - Damage reduction is a good buff and the limit to triggering only once every second reasonable (they added a lot of internal timers, e.g. to food); It comes as a surprise, as they are planning to nerf the bunker abilities of Eles and this is a buff to resistance. But hey, it is the other classes that benefit from out fields most here (e.g. Warriors with Balst & Leap finishers on Frozen Ground *sarcasm on* those really need buffs, right! *sarcasm off*)
    • Flame Aura - pretty much the same to say here than with Frost Aura.

• Comet - buff. The chance to simply walk out is reduced
    • Evasive Arcana - People should have seen that coming, as the AoE healing was just too good. I am glad it is split into PvE/PvP so it can address the PvP issue of being a very good heal compared to other sorts of healng.
    • Flame Shield - Focus buff is good, but Focus is already so defensive.
    • Flame Wall - The Flame Wall got better compared to Ring of Fire, but still ... it is on the Focus.
    • Glyph of Elemental Harmony - Buff, but we have to admit that one stack of might was lame and nothing compared to the abilities to gain might in game.
    • Ride the Lightning - I have no idea if there was an unbalancing factor from the PvP side, but I can't understand the nerf to the recharge time. Another mobility skill (Magnetic Grasp) was buffed with the last update, but why would that call for a nerf to RTL, especially when you see other classes move around with speed buffs (looking at Warriors & Thieves again, the former having a lot of Stability too)
    • Shocking Aura: clarification I guess
    • Stoning: nice buff to the Earth line of the staff.
    • Static Field: I don't play staff too often. never noticed it. Should be a buff.
    • Trait - Renewing Stamina: You will probably have to do some maths, before you can say that this a nerf or simple another "internal cool down" fix we have seen many of with this update. Can't judge that at the moment.
    • Trait - Soothing Disruption: A 40% reduction of the boon (excluding Arcana) is a pretty strong nerf to the widely popular Cantrip builds.
    • Trait - Zephyr’s Boon: Bug fix or not, this makes Shocking Aura pretty much half as effective in gaining the boons.

I will make an announcement, once the [Basics] threads have been updated.

Additional changes

Profession Skills
    Elementalist
    • Renewing Stamina: This trait now has a 5-second cooldown between activations and has a 100% chance to activate, increased from 33%.
    • Soothing Disruption: Vigor and regeneration boons granted by activating cantrips have been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
    • Zephyr’s Boon: Fixed a bug that caused Shocking Aura to apply double the boons of other auras.

Last edited by Gorani; 27-02-2013 at 15:39.