I like those last two being fixed, but don't have any familiarity with the others.
PC Gaming News
Results 181 to 190 of 204
Thread: GW2 Elementalist - all the news!
11-07-2013, 18:19 #181
Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild
11-07-2013, 19:51 #182
I really hope that they can finally fix this bug, since it is surfacing a lot whenever they change things around.
The traits just did not do what was standing in the description.
21-07-2013, 17:09 #183
It's slow news week for the Elementalist
Some topics over at the official forums:
>> People experimenting with the new traits, "Fresh Air" looks to be more popular than condi builds with Diamond "Skin"
>> New Necro buffs demand for better condition removal & mitigation via foods
>> Players still seem to spec very strongly into Water Magic
and there are the classics:
>> Greatsword as a weapon
>> Sigil questions
>> D/D & S/D builds
>> Staff for WvW
>> RTL rambling
We have seen gradual improvements to the profession throughout the last months, streamlining the Elementalist. IMO, we will see not a lot more, unless the developers at Anet deviate from the mantra they (Isaiah Cartwright) kept repeating in the "twitch stream" video (basically: "Since you are so versatile, we want you to be average at everything"). Hopefully they will at least take a look at another tweak to Conjures.
21-07-2013, 17:42 #184
Elementalists - the patron saints of mediocrity.
Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild
23-07-2013, 19:19 #185
Patch notes for July 23rd 2013 update
- Magnetic Wave: Added a skill fact for the cripple effect of this skill.
- Cleansing Fire: Removed the hidden stun-break functionality from this skill.
- Flame Wall: Fixed the damage skill fact to display the proper damage done per tick.
- Glyph of Renewal: Reduced the cast time from 4.25-seconds to 3.25 seconds.
- Magnetic Wave: no new functionality, but something that was missing in the description
- Cleansing Fire: Fixed it to the state they wanted it to be in the last patch, losing the stun breaker
- Flame Wall: bug fix
- Glyph of Renewal: IMO, still too slow to compete against a stomp, but a first step
01-08-2013, 20:04 #186
What to expect from 6th of August patch:
- No big changes have been announced for this patch. The only thing that should affect the Elementalist is the detail system to tone down particle effects. I wonder how this will look like and impact gameplay, e.g. in dungeons or large group fights in WvW.
What's on the official forum?
- One new topic popped up, asking "how much Celestial gear" you should put on a Elementalist - with no clear answer to be found. IMO there is a consensus that 2 or 3 items with Celestial stats provide a solid base for the Elementalist, but everything else is up to the personal taste.
I have not put out a Skill of Interest in a while now. Perhaps YOU have a suggestion which one should I feature next? Drop me a PM and I will create one for the first suggestion and a second one (the one with the most votes or a random draw out of the rest).
06-08-2013, 18:29 #187
August 6th 2013 update:
- Tornado: Added a duration skill fact. This skill can now be used while moving.
- Glyph of Renewal: Improved the readability of this skill so enemies can see it more clearly when players are casting it.
- Magnetic Wave: This skill is now blockable.
- Signet Mastery: This trait will now properly reduce the recharge of Signet of Restoration in PvP.
- Arcane Power: The buff provided when this skill is activated will now properly display the remaining number of charges.
- Arcane Retribution: Increased the duration to 30 seconds to be consistent with Arcane Power. The buff provided when this skill is activated will now properly display the remaining number of charges.
- Arcane Shield: Added the buff to the skill fact. The buff provided when this skill is activated will now properly display the remaining number of charges.
- Final Shielding: The buff provided when this trait is activated will now properly display the remaining number of charges.
- Tornado: Clarification and small buff so you can use it while moving like pretty much every other skill you have. Still kind of lame
- Glyph of Renewal: New build in "interrupt & stomp me sign" :)
- Magnetic Wave: Nerf - unblockable attack was nice, we do not have a lot of those. Whether that unblockable attribute as intended or not the nerf seems to be unnecessary.
- Signet Mastery: Promised before, but does it really work now?
- Arcane Power: Bug fix
- Arcane Retribution: Bug fix and a small buff
- Arcane Shield: Bug fix
- Final Shielding: Bug fix
20-08-2013, 23:01 #188
August 20th update:
- Signet of Restoration: The signet effect will now play at the start of the cast for this skill.
- Glyph of Elementals: Removed an unnecessary range fact.
Just a "polish" update, cleaning up some descriptions, skill facts etc. just like will all other professions
02-09-2013, 09:49 #189
Tomorrow's update will introduce the Ascended weapons and will upgrade Legendary items to ascended stats. Expect a boost of around 5% to both damage numbers (e.g. a weapon doing 1000-1100 damage would do 1050-1165 damage then). I will post the exact new numbers here: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...mparison-table
With MF becoming account wide I have to make a small update here too: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...mparison-table
30-09-2013, 23:14 #190
I completely missed that so far:
Upcoming changes for Elementalists in the mid-October update:
We’re working on the staff in an effort to make it a stronger support weapon, and we also improved the conjure weapons so that they’re stronger for support. You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.
We also increased the healing on Water Blast, the radius on Geyser and we reworked
Unsteady Ground to make it function more like line of warding.
Pet HP split between PvE and PvP
We wanted to make pets and summons more viable in PvE/WvW while making sure they didn’t become too strong in PvP.