PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

There is a new tool out there, which creates a nice character preview banner. Its on the same site that also features the skill bar tool.

Enjoy
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Although the forum isn't that populated and there is no hot discussion going on here, I am planning to split this preview thread into several threads in the next few days.

>The GW 2 Elementalist & Skills (which will include the cross profession combos)
    >The GW 2 Elementlaist & Traits (which will be split off once there are some new news on traits)
    >The GW 2 Elementalist overview & attunements (which is all that is left of the thread once the skills & traits are gone; That one will probably be merged with the "GW1/GW2 difference thread" because of overlapping topics.

Comments or perhaps better ideas I did not mention here?

PS: I have added a draft version of a cross profession combo table to my GW2wiki sandbox, which I can't transfer here, because of the inability of the forums to display HTML or other kind of wiki coding.
    Last edited by Gorani; 07-11-2011 at 20:30.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have added the G*Star convention Elemetalist videos to the media thread and want to point out the latest blog post:

http://www.arena.net/blog/eric-flann...-2-g-star-demo

There they talk about skill acquisition and unlock with skill points. There is also news about a new UI, but there are no Ele specific pictures too show you.

We’ll talk about our new trait system in an upcoming blog post
    I am looking forward to hearing something about traits....

Gorani

PS: I left the original skill & trait posts at the beginning of this thread, because some things might not make sense if I had just removed them. Of course only the new topic threads will be updated in th e future.
    Last edited by Gorani; 10-11-2011 at 19:10.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I am currently working on transferring the Condition & Boon "articles" to my GW2wiki Userpage. Within the wiki I can link skills a lot easier than here on the Forums, so if you want to have direct links to skills, check out my wiki presence. Right now everything is in the sandbox part called "Exploration". But it will be transferred to the Alternative Elementalist sub-page, when it is done and polished.

Gorani

PS: You can find the two tables now at the "Elementalist Secrets" section
    Last edited by Gorani; 13-11-2011 at 15:17.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have created new icons for the movement altering skills in GW2, which might make it to the current state of the GW2wiki, if nobody objects, e.g.:

Float

I will work on a new thread or a new section in the "Elementalists & Conditions" thread, in the next few days, which will extend the info I have already showed you in an info graphic, using the new icons.
    Of course everybody interested in these icons can use them for the other professions as well.

Gorani

PS: I have posted a new "Elemetalists & Movement Control" thread and will fill that with information throughout the weekend. The Ele seems to be very versatile and able at controlling movement, at least on paper.
    Last edited by Gorani; 26-11-2011 at 17:24.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have moved the "movement project" over to my GW2wiki Userpage too, where I could enter links to the skills mentioned in the text.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    The Mesmer reveal also added the possibility of another condition that could be used by the Elementalist, "Confusion", because the Devs said in the twittering (take a look at the "leak" thread in the New Forum) that "Confusion" will not be Mesmer exclusive. Once I know more about the condition and the Ele being able to cause it with some changed skills, I will update the thread dedicated to the conditions.

Gorani

PS: According to the twitter interview that came at the same time as the Mesmer reveal, they are reworking the Elementalist skills again (IIRC "the tenth iteration meeting of Elementalist skills")
    Last edited by Gorani; 16-12-2011 at 13:59.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have added another video to the media thread and I am still waiting for some trait news from the official blogs. The upcoming GW1 Elementalist update should also provide us with a chance to talk about stuff, as it should move the GW1 Ele play style closer to that of a GW2 Ele. The mod team was also talking about whether to host a "profession event" in the future.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I the latest Flameseeker Chronicles the Devs talk about showing us more PvP aspects of the game. I still hope we get a glimps at the trait system too before they start featuring stuff like WvWvW (which still is interesting, but not profession specific).

Last week's GW1 Elementalist update introduced a lot of aspects to the "old" Ele, which will be included in the GW2 Ele as well, like "Double Casts" (which hint toward cross profession benefits) and giving the elements a feeling of GW2 (Water can heal, Air interrupt etc.)

PS: Do not forget you can contribute to this thread too, when you find something elemental on the web, as I can't see everything.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have started to work on a first draft of a Cross-Profession-Combo table over at the GW2wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User...lot_of_work.29). Once more info about "initiator" and "finisher" triggers appear, I will update that table and eventually move it to the "Secrets" section like the other projects.

Gorani