PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Exclamation GW2 Elementalist - all the news!

moved intro section to new thread, text as of November 10th, 2011 kept for contingency reasons of discussions.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Gorani; 30-01-2012 at 13:22. Reason: several changes to weapon ranges and other things
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Skill section removed to new thread, text as of November 7th, 2011 kept for contingency reasons of discussions.
    Spoiler

Gorani
    Last edited by Gorani; 07-11-2011 at 20:08. Reason: moved parts of thread

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Trait section moved to new thread; text as of November 7th, 2011 kept for contingency reasons of discussions.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Gorani; 07-11-2011 at 20:13. Reason: moved section to new thread
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Ok, fair point. It just seems a bit misleading since one's first reaction is to compare what's different in an attunement change and that is the skills.

Or maybe I'm over thinking?

Is this thread only for preview information on the elementalist, or is it okay to general discuss it as well?

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    Just a point, in that character image which shows the skills, the last one for the water attunement is not Mist Form, it's Water Blast if I'm not mistaken.

Mist Form is an utility skill that grants 6 seconds of God Mode. Water Blast launches a water projectile that explodes on enemy contact dealing damage to enemies and healing allies.

And why do you have Dragon Tooth and Fire Prison in the Fire attunement preview? They are not staff skills.
    The character image is there to illustrate how the armour & everything else in that hero tab looks. The two pictures that show the skill bar illustrate how the skill bar changes when you change attunements.
    The skill icons do not reflect the skill bars above them. They show different skills anyway. They should show how skill icons for the Ele look, e.g. Fire icons are dominated by orange and red, Water icons are blue and white. This is in contrast to GW 1 icons, which all had a hue of red for the Elementalist.

All skills are listed as they appear on the official wiki right now - and Dragon's Tooth & Flame Prison are listed as off-hand dagger dagger skills, here and on the wiki.

Ok, fair point. It just seems a bit misleading since one's first reaction is to compare what's different in an attunement change and that is the skills.

Or maybe I'm over thinking?

Is this thread only for preview information on the elementalist, or is it okay to general discuss it as well?
    I've updated the picture and removed the skill icons, as they are available on the list now anyway.

The mod team is currently discussing if or if not to move profession related threads from the GW2GDF to the newly created profession forum. Right now, I'd say use the GDF for speculation until you see the threads moved here.
    I want to keep this thread for hard facts and first hand info from wiki, ArenaNet blog & PAX right now and keep "personal feelings" & likes + dislikes out.

What I would like you all to post are links to newly surfaced skill icons or skill descriptions, that are still missing from the list.
    People at Gamescom seem to have focused much more on the Ranger and Necro than on the Ele, e.g. we hardy know any traits yet.
    Last edited by Gorani; 04-06-2011 at 17:07.

Is it just me, or does it seem odd that dagger skills are medium range and scepter skills are short range? Seem to me it should be the other way around...

Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem odd that dagger skills are medium range and scepter skills are short range? Seem to me it should be the other way around...
    It did to me at first too, but then I realized... throwing knives + gw's unlimited ammo = fun. Oops, forgot this thread is not so much for discussion, sorry. I don't have any new skills to add either... so I guess I'll stay on topic by telling people...

Don't clutter up this thread with discussion. (Sorry and hope you get some good info for here)

I'm a bit unsure about some of the wording here. Do we have confirmation that skills outside the first five skills (which are both the weapon skills and the skills which change when people switch between attunements), such as the skills currently listed at the "(unassigned skill slots 6+)" sections, are also within the influence of a given elemental attunement? For example, if the skill Stone Signet is a utility skill (slots 7 to 9 at the skill bar), could it be an Earth Attunement skill? Or are only the weapon skills used while under Earth Attunement considered to be under that attunement's influence?

Erasculio

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The first 5 skills are the only ones affected by the attunements. The Shatterer HQ video has a female charr ele in Fire attunement using Mist Form on her utility skills.

I think it's just an organization method.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I think it's just an organization method.
    <= This

Official wiki lists the non weapon related skills as attunements to a certain element too. No need to deviate from that IMO.

PS: Fixed a copy&paste error from the Arcanum/Other skill list