PC Gaming News
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Things are shaping up towards the last beta weekend and the release in late August. I have created a new [News] thread for that occasion.

Also, a new "Skills of Interest" thread was released today, after I had to skip last week's one because of RL responsibilities. I have added a new Staff combo table to the Skills & Combos thread, because I had missed the Blast Finisher ability of Eruption.

Don't forget to contribute to the pre-release polls of "your Ele's race", "favourite attunement" & "weapon of choice" as I intent to close those once we go live with GW2 in August. This way we can document any changes in sentiment. I will probably set up new polls about those topics in early September, once everybody had time to get extended in-game time.

Gorani
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have added all the changes (Listed here)from the 3rd BWE to the [Basics] threads.

Gorani

PS: The new movement effect "Sink" for the "Undercurrent" Trident has been implemented into the text, but not into the first graphic in the Movement [Basics] thread. I will wait with changes to the graphics until we get a finalized version of GW2 at launch in August.

and more:

I try to fix the icon changes on the gW2wiki, which make some icons I use disappear due to the direct link I use.
    I also hope that a new Skill of Interest is ready on Sunday, after having to take a short break from the weekly schedule.
    Last edited by Gorani; 25-07-2012 at 18:47.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have decided not to do a Skills of Interest feature this week (sorry), but instead went for a new [Guide:] thread about underwater combat and the disabled skills on your slot skill bar, when you are going beneath the waves.

You can find the thread here.

Skills of Interest will be back next week Sunday on its regular schedule.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Finally, we continue to balance both our creatures and our professions.

I won't have the time to take part in the stress test today, so if you happen to find a change to the Elementalist's skills or traits, please leave a note for me here.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I am currently working on some small changes on various threads here on the forum (e.g. the inclusion of "no-underwater-use" in the traits lists). The new Skill of Interest has also been up since yesterday: Armor of Earth (so next week, I will pick a weapon skill again).

I am looking forward to the 25th(28th) when we all can share our experiences 24/7 and are not limited to a few hours of BWEs. Hopefully we can feature some more Elementalist only guilds and speciality sites like Redean's elementalattunement.com. I really hope we can also be a hub for more PvP oriented players and see their input, e.g. on the Skills of Interest discussions.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    The [Guide] thread "Power vs. Conditions & Criticals" is slowly filling with information.
    I am done with the Conditions part and will add info to the Power & Critical part soon. I might add an extra part on armor and damage mitigation, but that will depend on the completed text.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Taking a look at our latest thread, I think we should utilize the site's GWOnline.TV more, as it is way better to organize videos:

I have started renaming the titles of the first 20 videos, so you can search for specific ones.
    Tags include "alpha stage" - "beta" - "overview" - "PvE" - "Skills" - "Traits" - "Character Creation" and any specific skill name, weapon name or PvE area, like "Plains of Ashford".

The search does also go through the video descriptions, that are auto-copied from the YT description, so expect some false-positive results as well.

I will make an announcement as soon as I have renamed all titles.
    You can make the video section a lot better, if you post comments (I do post one comment to each overhauled video, so that it includes e.g. a tag for "outdated" or "slide show/in-game video" or "voice over comment").

Adding a rating to the videos will also help to find good videos in the long run with the search options.

Gorani

PS: I am done with all 48 videos I have gathered so far. Now every single one is rated (so one star actually means "Terrible" and five stars means "Excellent". Of course, as long as my rating is the only one, the list is very subjective when you sort by ratings. I deducted points for no voice-over commentary, outdated info (so some of the older ones got worse ratings than they would have got a few months ago) and annoying music in the background.

So far we have a good variety of profession overviews, sPvP and Human & Charr tutorial missions. There is no WvW video there yet.
    The SageLikeOne videos can feature Elementalist action too, but they can only be added to one category.
    Last edited by Gorani; 11-08-2012 at 18:02.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have made changes to the [Basics] threads to incorporate all the changes made during the stress tests.
    The list of changes can be found here: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...=1#post5795532

More changes I have not found before that need to be translated into the [Basics]:

Spoiler

PS: I think I got everything covered. Let me know if I still have missed something (remember that I don't keep up with damage numbers)
    Last edited by Gorani; 16-08-2012 at 19:45.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have started the new Skills of Interest thread (Lightning Touch) one day early, because it fits better into my RL schedule.
    There won't be a Skills of Interest next week (and perhaps the following week too) as I will be adjusting/closing/opening threads during the opening days of GW2. I expect quite some overhauling to be done in the first week.

PS: Our Fantastic Fansite Friend Redean excuses himself for not posting at his web presence more (http://elementalattunement.com/lack-activity/), but I can assure you he is currently working on some Fansite things for the common project.
    Last edited by Gorani; 20-08-2012 at 16:08.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Latest from Reddit:

Weapon unlock speed now scales based on level

and

Skill effects should no longer drop on subsequent executions
    I really hope that means that we can unlock a little bit faster, especially Trident skills & the messed up Dragon's Tooth and the like are gone.

I am still away from home, so no testing/playing for me today. I need to rely on your input for other changes & bugs.

Gorani