PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I've updated the banner graphics to link to the files of the site system and not the 3rd party image hoster I've used in the past. I hope I haven't broken anything.

Gorani

PS: The high res skill icon previews have been removed from the artists blogspot page. I have them stored, but I won't re-post them now. They are gone for a reason and I don't want to get the site in trouble. I kept the unknown skills list from the wiki though.
    Last edited by Gorani; 22-05-2011 at 20:15.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    FYI

I've been working on the list of traits, which made post #1 too big for the site system to handle. because of that I deleted post #2 and moved the conversation further down the thread. No piece of discussion was lost.

Be aware that the traits list is extrapolated from the facts we know up till now and still does not include any Earth magic skills.

Gorani
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Thanks for posting, nice and detailed for my current favourite profession

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    The fan day event currently happening in Seattle at the ArenaNet studios has surfaced some new Ele skills and pictures. I will start working on that...

Watch out for an update soon

PS: I've added the information we got so far:
    >> Added Trident Weapon & know Air, Fire & Water Attunement skills (skill icons depending on wiki availability)
    >> Added new "Drowned State"
    >> High-jacked a user post (already fixed at last update, I just undeleted it) because I hit the character limit of each single post again.

Gorani
    Last edited by Gorani; 25-06-2011 at 08:11.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Wiki has added the skill icons to the aquatic skill set for Water.
    There are also some changes to the Scepter skills and a few others (e.g. Energy Shield moving to a spot of Fire magic weapons instead of remaining an Arcanum skilll bar 6+ skill) based on a few screenshots from recent demos.

I will monitor the wiki, before making changes to the current list here.

Gorani

GWOnline.Net Member
    Guild

Cold Steel Brigade
    Yeah, I am really digging the new underwater skills for the elementalist.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    If you have taken a look at the Elementalist skill list on the official wiki, some skills have been swapped & renamed. Also somebody added a few Earth skills to the list.
    I saw some changes to the list of Traits, too.
    I have no idea where the people, who made the changes got their information from, so I will wait for the Gamescom demo in three weeks for any changes to my list.

Gorani

PS:
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en
    Check out this place for a nice skill bar app. Works for other classes too

You can even save your setups with a "copy code feature":
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=2f276c5
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-08-2011 at 16:26.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    GamesCom demo is playable, Earth skills have arrived and many, many skill-weapon associations have changed. Also, all the skills have lost their energy value and got new recharge times, which I need to add in brackets now.

I have started updating the skill list, but will not be able to finish everything within a single session. So don't be alarmed, when skills appear or disappear during the next few hours.

The recharge times also vary a lot within a weapon group, skill 1 not always has a "no recharge" etc. I expect a lot of changes to the values within the next few days and the PAX rounds next month, so don't think everything is set in stone after this update.

I will also add some new skills to the non-weapon section, as a few more have surfaced.

Gorani

PS: Of course the table of weapon comparison has changed so much, that the one displayed right is of no value anymore. I will try to update that as well, if I can find the time
    Last edited by Gorani; 20-08-2011 at 13:09.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    The Earth icon sets are almost complete now. I changed the adjusted recharge timers on most of the skills and added updates on new skills and the two known Elites. The QUOTES have been removed to save some screen space.
    I have also added a a video with a quick overview to the skills available at PAX.

The traits section is untouched, because I expect major changes there.

Gorani

PS: Today Rush divided the Profession forum into several sub forums, so the Elementalist got its own forum now. I have created a "Media" thread for all videos and pictures you might know or find.
    Everything else is still located here in this thread.
    It might be a good idea to make a skill & traits thread later, when GW2 goes to beta and the way the skills are played and traits kick in needs more discussion by a bigger player base.
    Last edited by Gorani; 29-08-2011 at 17:57.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have started to work on content about the Elementalist on my Guild Wars 2 wiki User space. The dynamic modules and ability to add more code are making it a lot easier to maintain skills and format options than the list here on the forum board.

If you want to check out my current work in progress, take a look at those two pages:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Gorani/AllEle01

(a more concise Elementalist profession page with info from the wiki and text added by me)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Gorani/AllEle02

(my current "sandbox" of a Elementalist skill list which is closer to the info I have written down in post #1 than the official wiki table)

Gorani

PS: Leave a comment on the Discussion section of those pages if you like.

PS: I will maintain the list here (at least for the near future), but the dynamic one might be up to date faster, because it uses wiki resources automatically.
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-09-2011 at 18:44.