PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Flamewall also combos with Whirling Defense to throw fireballs in all directions.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Defense

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    Flamewall also combos with Whirling Defense to throw fireballs in all directions.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Defense
    I know, but I have a gut feeling that Whirling Defense falls into the same group as projectiles passing through, just with a different trajectory. The amount of Initiator/Finisher combos would be huge. Also, it is a Ranger skill and I wanted to keep it as "Elementalist specific" as possible. The table is just a first draft, to align me to a basic layout I can fill later with more info.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Someone (well, König did) dug up new high res Elementalist icons: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gMH8BF74tr...al%2Bicons.JPG

The icons have been added to the GW2wiki, so they are updated on my skill list here & on the GW2wiki list too.

A little side note: In a news item Lensor posted last week, Devs said all major mechanics and things are implemented in the game, which means there probably will be no big skill shuffle for the Ele anymore which would change anything exciting (e.g. like the tool belt they added for the Engineer). There are probably a lot of unknown skills for the utility bar #6-#10 including elite skills. The confusion condition might also be added to a few skills, as it was said that it would not be Mesmer exclusive.

I am still waiting for the trait blog they promised quite a while ago, so that a little more can be discussed about fine tuning.
    Last edited by Gorani; 06-02-2012 at 16:33.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216828p1.html

IGN has an article, which explains some more cross profession combos with Elementalists either as initiators or finishers (or both at the same time)

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have started to work on the "basics" articles, using the new table features we have since the forum update. The Movement thread is completed and looks a little bit better right now. I have also added links to the wiki articles. The Boon are also done, although I am not satisfied with the result yet, as some headlines just won't align themselves left.
    More layout work, when I find the time.

Gorani
    Last edited by Gorani; 29-01-2012 at 15:19.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    GW2 Beta phases went into the "press invites" stage. I expect a lot of new information after they can break their "vows of silence", which will influence the Elementalist too (combos, traits perhaps, the inclusion of the Confusion condition etc.). We might be able hear something about the "familiar summons" the Devs talked about in the Reddit talk they had a few weeks past.

I was thinking about adding another [Basics:] article about weapons, but most of it is covered already in the other threads, so I ditched the idea again. Screen shots of armor (Scholar) will be covered in either the races or PvE section, so need to get something started in this forum.

Gorani

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Shall we start a ele screenshot thread? For now we can just post any nice screenshots we find but it will become much more useful when some of us get into the beta in the coming months.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    Shall we start a ele screenshot thread? For now we can just post any nice screenshots we find but it will become much more useful when some of us get into the beta in the coming months.
    I would say leave the dedicated screen shot threads to the Races forum (e.g. Humans) and the PvE Forum (e.g. Scholar armor) and lets do not start extra threads in the profession forums. There is the [Media] thread here where you can post screen shots & renders etc. That should be sufficient.
    Last edited by Gorani; 06-02-2012 at 16:33.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have added a few more videos to the media thread the past week. GWO has started its FANtastic programm, but I do not know if there are any Elementalist speciality sites out there I can ask to collaborate with GWO & this forum (like Mesmers have Mesmer.me for example).
    If you know a good Elementalist specific site, let me know via a PM, so I can make contact with the people there.

Sadly, Elemental Attunement isn't gaining momentum right now. There are really no strings attached to that social group. You can even win a zkey & a chance on a celestial dragon mini in the raffle.

Redean talked about the screen shot thread and after some consideration I still want to keep those to the Races Forum (which I also mod at the moment; making preparations for GW2 going to public beta there too).

I can't wait for the "press NDA" being lifted at the 20th. But don't expect me to be right on target that day, as I will be on holiday next week with limited access to the internet and other things on my hands.

Gorani

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I've been planning on making an elementalist focused blog but whats always stopped me progressing it is my zero experience in website formatting and maintenance and the fact that it would be hard to get any exposure. Maybe we can sort something out.

I've made a start on creating a website but I haven't made any posts yet. Here it is if you'd like to check it out:
    http://asuranflame.guildwars2community.com/
    It is externally hosted by another Guild Wars 2 fansite I was involved in called Guild Wars 2 Community but that has basically died out yet the hosting is all still there.