Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redean View Post
    I've been planning on making an elementalist focused blog but whats always stopped me progressing it is my zero experience in website formatting and maintenance and the fact that it would be hard to get any exposure. Maybe we can sort something out.

I've made a start on creating a website but I haven't made any posts yet. Here it is if you'd like to check it out:
    http://asuranflame.guildwars2community.com/
    It is externally hosted by another Guild Wars 2 fansite I was involved in called Guild Wars 2 Community but that has basically died out yet the hosting is all still there.
    I've sent you a PM about the content team here & fansite friendship

PS @everybody else: I would love too hear about more bloggers or people involved with the Elementalist. Keep me posted.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Unfortunately, I can not be part of the team that gets to play GW2 at the press beta event this weekend, but I tried to bribe my fellow mods to squeeze in some time with an Elementalist. Should I get any footage from the team or from another source I will try to compile useful information for you as soon as possible. I should be back to give you updates next Sunday.

If you find any good stuff on the Ele, don't forget to post site links here in the preview thread or add youtube videos to the media thread.

Gorani
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Work in progress on beta changes:

• The [Basics] article on "conditions" has been updated to reflect the beta changed + layout changes have been done.
    • The [Guide] sticky "Introduction to the Elementalist" has been updated to reflect the beta changes (auto assigned attribute points and trait points adding to attributes as well)
    • The major overhaul of the "Skills & Combos" thread is almost done. All skills are in, the layout of the utility skills needs some tweaking.
    Last edited by Gorani; 05-03-2012 at 13:56.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    There is a web-app tool for experimenting with the Elementalist traits

Click here to load tool

I will add this tool to the [Basics] Traits page later, once this gets an overhaul.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

The awesome skills tool from luna-atra lets you set up traits now too.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have updated all the conditions & boons icons in the [Basics:] threads (including the Daze & Stun effect). I am keeping the movement icons for now, as they are pretty close to the in-game ones, but as long as inconsistencies regarding "direction" (Push & KD e.g. use the same icon) are still around they are more precise.

Gorani

Work in progress on beta changes:

• The traits [Basics:] thread has been updated
    • Added some self induced combo tables to the skills & combos [Basics:] thread
    • The boon [Basics:] thread is updated again.
    • The movement [Basics:] thread is updated too
    Last edited by Gorani; 10-03-2012 at 15:29.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    As far as I am concert, all the basic information threads are now up to date with the status quo of the latest beta event. If you find any errors of bits I have missed, please leave a post in the "Dust Devil" thread.

Enjoy the read and get all the info you need about the Elementalist.

Gorani

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have started to add some analysis to the Trait [Basics] thread on whether to specialize or stay balanced with your Elementalist. This additional information will help you to plan you trait allocation, because it answers some questions on the benefits attunement swapping vs. specialization in one or two elemental lines.

Gorani

PS: Should the IncGamers/GWO team get press access for the next beta event (and I will get a time slot), I will try to fill some gaps for the Ele like underwater combat & the downed state. Personal access is limited by the NDA, so I will not be able to get you stuff on that route if I happen to get in.
    Last edited by Gorani; 17-03-2012 at 20:46.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    OK, embargo time for this weekend's beta event is over! As many of you expected the GWOnline-Team got press invites again, so we can actually talk about what we experienced.

I played a Norn Elementalist for you and will report about weapon skill unlocking and effective range of the weapons on the main page the next few days. I have also ventured into crafting "scholar friendly stuff" and will finally talk about the core mechanic of attunement swapping.
    I also have a special goody video for the fans of the summons of the Elementalist, so watch out for updates on GWOnline TV.

Gorani

This forum's own media thread with all my uploaded videos
    Last edited by Gorani; 27-03-2012 at 15:37.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have noticed several small changes to the Elementalist's skills and other things after the March beta

These are the things I need to check:
    • Update the skill thread with current stats & changes (done)
    • Add some range & duration numbers to the skills (work in progress)
    • Add the skill point costs to slot skills (done)
    • Update the expanded trait list after the March beta (done)
    • Re-evaluate the introduction guide with new info available after the March beta
    Last edited by Gorani; 01-04-2012 at 09:51.