PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranger Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Arghore View Post
    Anyone like the changes to the pet?
    So, if I understand correctly, pets act more or less like pokemon now? Only you don't have lvl them and scale automatically. And you can summon 1 of your 3 equiped pokemon into battle and change whenever you want?

This plus the versatility of longrange/melee, traps and whatnot makes ranger my favorite profession of gw2.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I eh... I have not played Pokemon. *shame*

Yeah, but sounds like fun. I do like the changes.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I eh... I have not played Pokemon. *shame*
    oh wow... You haven't seen the anime either?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Nope, I gladly skipped the whole Pokemon craze your youngsters went gaga over.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohjo View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, pets act more or less like pokemon now? Only you don't have lvl them and scale automatically. And you can summon 1 of your 3 equiped pokemon into battle and change whenever you want?
    One of two, not one of three.

The ranger originally had three pet slots and had to decide what mix of pet types -- terrestrial, aquatic, or amphibious -- to place in them. If they were all amphibious, you would have three pets to swap among whether you were fighting on land or underwater. If you had any terrestrial-only or aquatic-only pets, however, then you would be limited to fewer than three pets in one or both environments.

Now the ranger has four total pet slots, with two of them dedicated to land combat and two dedicated to underwater combat. This makes the pet slots like the weapons that switch between regular and aquatic types when you enter or leave the water. You are guaranteed to always have two active pet slots under any circumstances, unlike the old system where you might have no usuable pets slotted at all for a particular environment.

The ranger also has a built-in menagerie now. In combat, you can switch between the two pets you currently have slotted for whichever environment you're in. Out of combat, you can change which pets are slotted, choosing from among the species that you have charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    The ranger also has a built-in menagerie now. In combat, you can switch between the two pets you currently have slotted for whichever environment you're in. Out of combat, you can change which pets are slotted, choosing from among the species that you have charmed.
    Aha, like having bill's pc with you the whole time. Thanks for the recap.

I have to say, am seriously excited about the Rangers. Am all for some changes, especially the pets.