PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pax 2010

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Last edited by Смерть; 04-09-2010 at 04:48.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    DeathSpank sounds silly but for the sake of silliness. Sometimes it's not a good sign.

Duke Nukem looks underwhelming, I mean, it looks like a regular shooter. I hope the jokes are not 10 years old.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Doesn't matter to me. The fact that it's famous for just not being there and is finally being released is more than enough to make me want to buy it.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely be keeping a close eye. I wouldn't spend on a shooter these days anyway (I got mainly bored with the genre), but I still am curious as to how that turns out.

Regardless, this will be the subject of jokes to come for years.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Speaking of jokes for years to come, I am awaiting this guys re-review of Duke Nukem Forever for 2011 ^^.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Nukem-Forever

Death Spank seemed to have "the vote of the feet" - very few people in their stall. I did not like the look of the graphics so I didn't venture to a terminal to try it.

Though, I may have to check it out just on virtue of the phrase "Thong of Justice".
    Last edited by Kalidri; 04-09-2010 at 06:27.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Please post the link when the escapist posts his review.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Server

Desolation
    Guild

Blade and Rose, Edit Conflict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    DeathSpank sounds silly but for the sake of silliness. Sometimes it's not a good sign.

Duke Nukem looks underwhelming, I mean, it looks like a regular shooter. I hope the jokes are not 10 years old.
    yeah i agree, at the time duke nukem games were pretty innovative, but the genre's moved on since then and the game's been thrown out and redeveloped so many times, it doesn't really seem like it has anything new to bring to the table. but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalidri View Post
    Death Spank seemed to have "the vote of the feet" - very few people in their stall. I did not like the look of the graphics so I didn't venture to a terminal to try it.

Though, I may have to check it out just on virtue of the phrase "Thong of Justice".
    You guys realize Thongs of Virtue is the sequel to the first DeathSpank, which is already out? It's also freakin' hilarious, and pretty fun.

If you liked Monkey Island's jokes I recommend it. But there are potions, so don't cry when you see them.

Also, DeathSpank at no point wheres leg armor. Also, the logo of Deathspank, with the purple in the background, that purple is the thong. I just noticed that.

Also also, I am definitely buying DeathSpank sequel and Duke Nukem Forever. I mean, it's the friggin' Duke.
    Last edited by Zayren; 04-09-2010 at 18:30.

GWOnline.Net Member Heavens Angel's Avatar
    they have dumbed down duke now anyway george head of 3d realms said himself duke can only carry 2 guns now due to the consoles and finding space for a weapon cycle. even though the d-pad is used for beer they say they have no space for weapon cycle

GeorgeB3DR:
    Yeah, blame us for it if you want. It may change in the future and I don't know what will happen with it, but it was us. I stand by it too, as you cannot discount designing games for a modern world and part of that world is consoles where the bulk of the sales can be. And on those consoles you have a controller. We tried for a long time to support lots of guns but we simply could not find a nice way to map it to a controller, despite trying 4-5 designs. We gave it enough time and decided to stop swimming against the current and adopt what was basically the "standard".

It's not 1996 anymore.
    Last edited by Heavens Angel; 05-09-2010 at 13:05.