PC Gaming News

Arrow Necromancer: Reveal vs Expectation & Comments

I have never been really much into necromancers (too dark etc.), but now that this profession has been released, how well do you think did Anet port the necromancer class to GW2? Is it to your expectations? Surpassing? Different but cool? Or just different?

Reference to expectation thread:
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=495146
    Last edited by Gorani; 21-05-2011 at 09:08. Reason: Added link after thread split

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalanor Thornhale View Post
    I have never been really much into necromancers (too dark etc.), but now that this profession has been released, how well do you think did Anet port the necromancer class to GW2? Is it to your expectations? Surpassing? Different but cool? Or just different?
    The necromancer in GW2 is a whole new creation from GW1 imo. My exceptions were that Anet would keep the aesthetic I associated with the necromancer from GW1, and they did. They surpassed my expectations by making the aesthetic a lot more darker and primal.

It has become quite a mobile and resilient caster, I think I'll need some time to readjust my perception of the profession..

1) Warrior
    2) Elementalist
    3) Necromancer
    4) Ranger
    5) All the others (none of them really sparked my interest)

I never got into the ranger because I didn't like the "only ranged' aspect and hated the pet-death penalty. I liked the Necro, but hated the minion health micromanagement that just became a pain as necro skills kept getting the nerf-bat.

I added mention of the ranger because, like the necro, they have been so significantly redefined in GW2 (based on what I've seen so far) that they could cause me to rethink which professions are at the top of my list. I already know I will be creating all four professions and, if Anet is the wonderfully sadistic company I believe them to be, the other four will probably be as compelling as what I've seen so far!

Oh, what a deliciously horrible dilemma!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    [...]and, if Anet is the wonderfully sadistic company I believe them to be, the other four will probably be as compelling as what I've seen so far!

Oh, what a deliciously horrible dilemma!
    Not so horrible if want you meant by "believe" was code also for "admire", as far as Anet being a "wonderfully sadistic" company; come join us Necromancers .

You know, now that I am thinking about it...we have mostly seen interactions between elementalists and warriors and rangers.

What I am wondering is how necros can interact with other professions. Does anyone have any ideas - apart from using fear?

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Necros can create the Poison Cloud spell (from the Doom skill video). From my understanding, this works the same way as the Firewall does for arrows, by imbuing them with Poison.

Could be wrong.