PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I've been running earthshaker on my war in PvE, it's awesome. Echarge+fgj, earth shaker, renewing smash until dead, earthshaker, renewing smash until dead, etc.

It's pretty awesome to be able to keep a bunch of enemies KD'd, use the occasional SY and in the meantime spam 0,66s activation 100+ damage hits.

Though the thread is well aged.

Renewing Smash is the best thing going for hammer warriors in PvE. A really good reason to run a zealous hammer, since it will drain your energy pool after a three or four KDs. No need to use "For Great Justice!" with a hammer. Elite KD, Brawling Headbutt, and Club of a Thousand Bears easily can load up a great bar of knockdowns, Enraging Charge as a cancel stance doubles as a kick start for the adrenaline engine. Counter Blow could creep on in as well.

The only real question I have when I run a hammer is do I waste 5e and a precious second on Crushing Blow, or should I just drop the hammer on Renewing Smash while the DW comes from somewhere else.

BTW: Renewing Smash is great on a Thumper as well.

hmm didn't realise I was necroing, with the thread still being at the top of the forum :/ (next newest one is from november 2010...)

Didn't really matter. The forum needed some life breathed in it.

Honestly what better than a little discussion on hammers, since the hammer warrior update a few months back didn't really rouse the masses then.

Actually have used Crude Swing in WiK since Thousand Bears doesn't KD most of them mobs. Not that bad, when you already have a zealous hammer equipped and get a 3-4 hits. Really wish some of the bite could be put back into Irresistible Blow.

Actually I don't have a zealous hammer, but renewing's attack speed boost allows me to use auspicious blow between two KD's. I don't have any energy problems.

for clarity, the bar I'm using is:
    Earth Shaker | Renewing Smash | Counter Blow | Auspicious Blow | Flail | SY! | ECharge | FgJ

For areas with large groups I use whirlwind attack instead of counter blow.
    Last edited by Ringsgold; 05-04-2011 at 16:12.

Flail
    Thousand Bears/Crude Swing
    Backbreaker
    Crushing Blow
    Brawling Headbutt
    Renewing Smash
    Enraging Charge
    Rez

If I can lead off with Thousand Bears/Enraging, the adrenaline chain is up and going. I usually can get 6-7 KDs in a row before something gives, usually energy.

That looks like a real nice build Buddah, don't mind if I use it? :P

And if energy is the thing stopping you going, switch rez for auspicious blow. Best thing in the hammer update imo. Auspicious makes my warrior a happy panda.

Earth Shaker
    Belly Smash
    Auspicious Blow
    Yeti Smash
    Crushing Blow
    Protectors Strike
    Enraging Charge
    Flail

This is the build i mostly use on my hammer war. Nice chain and things tend to be dead after that, so i don't need 6-7 kd's ;)

Dropping the rez on builds has been a bad trend in PvE in recent month, actually it's a plague. Too many times the only rez I see left in a group of 8 is a single UA. Teams of 8 really need 3-4 rez, as not to lynch pin the continuation of a group on one player.

Hehe.

Well in all fairness, I do run 4-5 rezzes on my teammates, so I just don't bother with it on my bar. Warriors should kill and not rez imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
    Dropping the rez on builds has been a bad trend in PvE in recent month, actually it's a plague. Too many times the only rez I see left in a group of 8 is a single UA. Teams of 8 really need 3-4 rez, as not to lynch pin the continuation of a group on one player.
    I agree on this.

On the other hand, fewer and fewer things kick you out if you wipe these days: basically, only missions and some elite areas. In dungeons and vanquishes (and the EotN missions IIRC?), you can just wipe, respawn at a shrine, eat some honey and you're good to go again. Personally I prefer rezzing but yeah, it's possible without.