PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Well yes, I never enter RA as a monk without guardian on my bar, but I still consider that a variation of the standard Mo/W build.

It is possible that a prot/heal hybrid is better, but I also kind of consider my Mo/W a heal/prot hybrid heh. If you're a damage/heal hybrid tho, I don't think it works as well.

Still monking with that infamous Mo/W bar in RA is way harder than hitting 1-2-3 in the HB/UA bars, which was mainly my point. I believe the HB/UA bars are the easiest ones to use, and that doesn't mean they're the best. So I'm always annoyed when they ask me to drop my prot build over an HB build.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringsgold View Post
    I think a prot/heal hybrid is potentially better than the popular pure healing Mo/W but it's harder to play at an acceptable level.
    This sounds fair.

Also, people frown on hybrids where half your bar can do damage. But then they're upset if there's more than one healer, or none... and a hybrid bar (heal + damage) works decently in either case.

Plus, what you lose in raw power, you make up in flexibility. You can give your team what it needs.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Anyway, wasn't this topic about warriors?

I tried playing dervish for a while, but nothing beats the versatility and control you have with earth shaker, renewing smash and SY! powered by FGJ and ECharge.

I always want to get into a warrior, but I just can't because of how slow the guy is.
    The assassin pretty much does everything a warrior does, but he does it faster. I get bored out of my mind waiting for adrenaline or managing my energy.

I know, it sounds really plain, but it's not like PvE is rocket science, so you might as well do it fast.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    To each their own. I could not get into the assassin despite having both played warrior and dervish (dervish and mesmer are my current mains). There are ways to make warrior faster though, adrenaline boosts, boost run speeds (or shadowstep like I used to do), increased attack speed (especially with hammer)...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Yeah, I found assassin not to my liking, especially before Critical Agility. Certainly it's a very different and potent character now. Warriors are still good for the knocks and Save Yourselves that no other class can really do as well.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Seef II View Post
    Yeah, I found assassin not to my liking, especially before Critical Agility. Certainly it's a very different and potent character now. Warriors are still good for the knocks and Save Yourselves that no other class can really do as well.
    Never tried it but in theory - assa could spam SY as almost well as warrior can. SY is linked to allegiance rank and FGJ is unlinked, though assa should use sword for d-slash to maximize adren input.

In the age of 7 heroes, taking an Orders guy along is superbly is easy and once you have Dark Fury up, SY! is charged before you can say FGJ.
    Still, even without Orders - you are dealing with the fast attacking speed of daggers, combined with CA's IAS AND the increased activation speed of Jagged/Fox and the dual strike of Blossom and you end up with a lot of attacks, really, really fast.

I do miss Earth Shaker though.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    TBH, it feels like Warriors have fallen by the wayside compared to Dervish (and even Sin) as far as PvE is concerned. AoE knockdown is nice but I'd rather AoE blow **** up. Single target damage on Dervish seems to be just as high (maybe even higher?) while causing some nice AoE conditions (blind, cracked armor, weakness, etc) It also doesn't help that the Warrior's IAS don't look as appealing compared to Heart of Fury, Pious Fury or even the Sin's Critical Agility. I'd feel a bit better if the snare for Flail (PvE) was removed, but I don't see that happening. I hate to say it, but after all the changes, I don't have the desire to touch my Warrior anymore.
    Last edited by Tru Reptile; 30-04-2011 at 09:21.

PvE atm looks like this:

If you want AOE kd's and survivability: Hammer Ranger (permanent 75% block + 33% IAS)
    If you want spell immunity and/or AOE dmg/conditions/utility: Dervish
    If you want a combination of the above: Assassin (Spell immunity, single spike, dblossom, kd-trains, easy block and IAS (allthough removable))
    If you dont want anything: Warrior