Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans

necro buff, the list thread

with the last update something was brought up about the necro, more specifically a need too buff the necro.
    but the question will always remain, what?
    blood is the obvious choice, but we still need to have a more clear point what needs too be buffed.
    the skill cost, the damage it does or maybe a function overhaul?

i will not say anything about blood until others have said there thing, i learned from my mistakes.

so what would YOU buff on the necro?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I think necro is fine as is... blood is neat because it heals you and bypasses armor, so if anything, I would provide the line with more options...

Some pure damage skills, some damage + self-heal, some damage that bypasses prots, etc. So you can adapt your build to your needs. The problem with blood afaik is that most skills are damage/self-heal/bypass, thus they need to have low damage to be balanced.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Necros dont need buffs, all their attribute lines are either somewhat balanced or brokenly imba. If anything, Soul Reaping needs to be fixed and minions toned down.

You got your blood buff allready sorudo stop complaining. Blood is arguably one of the strongest utility lines for the necro and one of the only lines that is actually viable for PvP. I used the word arguably, that makes me right.

In Pve Blood has 3 viable elites (BiP, Soul Leech, Spoil Victor), which is more than Curses has (SS...FOC??)

In PvP Blood has 2 viable Elites(Leech, SV), which is the same as Curses (CorruptEnch, Soul Bind) and more than Death (Toxic Chill)

Of non elites blood has a ton of skills that are viable for both PvE and PvP:

PvE:
    Blood Bond
    LifeBane/Shadow Strike
    Dark Bond
    Blood Ritual
    Opressive Gaze

PVP:
    Barbed Signet
    Life Siphon
    Blood of the Agressor
    Dark Pact
    Opressive Gaze
    Strip enchantment
    Mark Of Fury

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoi Enishi View Post
    Necros dont need buffs, all their attribute lines are either somewhat balanced or brokenly imba. If anything, Soul Reaping needs to be fixed and minions toned down.

You got your blood buff allready sorudo stop complaining. Blood is arguably one of the strongest utility lines for the necro and one of the only lines that is actually viable for PvP. I used the word arguably, that makes me right.

In Pve Blood has 3 viable elites (BiP, Soul Leech, Spoil Victor), which is more than Curses has (SS...FOC??)

In PvP Blood has 2 viable Elites(Leech, SV), which is the same as Curses (CorruptEnch, Soul Bind) and more than Death (Toxic Chill)

Of non elites blood has a ton of skills that are viable for both PvE and PvP:

PvE:
    Blood Bond
    LifeBane/Shadow Strike
    Dark Bond
    Blood Ritual
    Opressive Gaze

PVP:
    Barbed Signet
    Life Siphon
    Blood of the Agressor
    Dark Pact
    Opressive Gaze
    Strip enchantment
    Mark Of Fury
    ether you play no necro or no necro outside PvP......
    blood is one of the weakest ATT of the whole necro line, all you showed are the gimmick build skills, not the other, useless skills.
    there are some semi-useful skills, but far from powerful enough.
    also, what blood buff?
    from the day they overhauled the necro blood has never bin as weak as it is now, before that the necro was quite the powerful prof, now it's nothing more then the energy monk, the slave walking behind the true fights.

if you call the necro powerful then you really need to go out and play sone high-end battles WITHOUT suporting all the time, make a pure attack build or maybe a vamp build.
    no wait, skills that high end don't exist in necro's no, they are way to weak too make any chance.

and before i get the old "but this build does...." and "but there plenty of buids with..."
    i i have too quote a few posts on a previous discussion, the words were:
    vampire gaze is useless anyway, why use it anyway
    life transfer is weak, no one bothers with it
    and now i ask for a buff and i get this non-sense.....WTF?

Asking that blood magic gets direct damage instead of support is like asking that healing prayers deal damage to foes.

If you want to deal direct damage load curses or death magic, spam SS and defiles or go death and use discord. Blood magic isnt supposed to be direct damage dealer it is supposed to be support. And even so, it still has great direct spike skills and damage over time skills like SV which is arguably one of teh strongest necro spells especially in HM.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    I could basically copy my post from the balance thread, but I can't be assed with finding it.

Necromancer is completely fine. It's easily one of the most versatile classes in the game for pve which is what you're on about. It many builds viable within several attribute lines as well as a plethora of possibilities for speccing with secondary proffessions.
    It doesn't need to be stronger, if anything it still needs to be weaker since you can't make several of the other proffessions stronger without seriously ****ing things up.

We're back to you being your own problem. You insist on roleplaying your little mind into a set piece of blood magic being the only thing to exist in the game available to you in spite of your beloved necromancer having tons of other great and flexible choices.

If you don't want to play something effective, then don't but stay away from others(we know you like to anyways, so that's fine). But don't ask for ridiculous solutions to problems that are nonexistant.

I wouldn't. They're fine as they are.

Hehe, I was wondering what was going on when I saw the title, why buff necros, the one class that is common to take 3 heroes of, that has one of the best primaries in the game, that has minion walls as well as hexes that make mesmers jealous, not to mention the best energy battery in the game with wells that have some pretty nice effects. Throw in some of the best enchant strips in the game and I couldn't understand why anyone would be asking for a buff.

Then I saw who started it and facepalmed. Sorry sorudo, I should have known you would be wanting to talk about buffing blood again. Sorry, but it's already good imo.

The simple fact that heroes are able to play necro sufficiently should be a sign that this class deserves to be weak.
    There is no way that we should expect top performance from a class that is so easy to play that even heroes can do it.

Still, given the current state of the game, this isn't reason enough to trash the class, but it's reason enough not to buff it.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    ok, so because a handful of spells are good it's fine?
    then the derv update is not needed ether or any other update, some spells are good so why buf/nerf it anyway.