PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I'm currently most curious whether they're able to use staves as melee combat weapon. Bo staff yeah!

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    Zealot's Defense look's wow, so shiney. I like. ;D

And yea looks like they switched the hammer of wisdom and zealots defense vids.

On a side note looks like they got 2h weps in now ;D, unlike the demo from a few months back

EDIT: For people having trouble with the website vids being slow:

Low Quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1K6YPcOfbw
    Better Quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o_ACmhozQE
    Last edited by Tyris Requiem; 27-01-2011 at 14:43.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    I'm currently most curious whether they're able to use staves as melee combat weapon. Bo staff yeah!
    Based on Wall of Deflection, this seems to be the case.

Got to see the videos. Some interesting skills, though I would have liked to see an example of a Ward. Faithful Strike seemed to show Courage being passed on. Won't probably be my amongst my top classes, but still an interesting choice. Like the emphasis on positioning in the skills.

That's it, I'm DEFINITELY making a Guardian as my main rather than a Warrior.

And did my eyes deceive me? or did the Guardian in what i presume is the "Zealots defense" vid teleport / shadowstep / light speed run in front of the npc before deflecting the attacks back?

The site is running slow so wasn't sure if it was just video lag, but it looks like the Guardian glows blue then teleports in front of the NPC, looked frickin awesome.

And i may have missed it, but im guessing the summon-able weapons that fight with you then disappear are the Guardians "Profession ability" similar to Necro's life force and rangers pets?, didn't see any conformation as to what their special trait is, sorry if i missed it, just so excited over these vids and info

Also wasn't expecting the party buffing to come from sacrificing your own buff, so as i understand it, for solo players, they cast the buffs and keep them, but to make them party wide you have to end it for yourself and disable it for 20-30 seconds for the party / allies to get it?.....interesting concept, very much liking it so far

Zealots defense was the best out of those vids imo, totally sold the Guardian to me xD

- Tsukasa

I think he was wielding a hammer, not a staff in that vid. Take a look at the head of the staff, it looks to have a mallet attached.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

[Dii]
    Looks like some kind of funky hammer to me in the Wall of Deflection vid.

And I think the teleport thing was an attack skill.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    I think he was wielding a hammer, not a staff in that vid. Take a look at the head of the staff, it looks to have a mallet attached.
    Oh... Now I see it. Well, a shame.

Resolve is the new Mending.

Sounds somewhat like a wammopa

"No I will not give my mending away for 120 seconds just to help some of you, how will I counter my vampiric weapon mod otherwise?!?!?!!?!!!one!!?"

"Mhuahahaha, burning shield, EAT THAT!"

Anyways, I'm not too thrilled by the guardian. It sounds like a holy warrior and I never been a big fan of those. They deal less damage than a real warrior, but have a touch of good in them which makes them able to aid allies in surviving.

I'd rather help enemies in dying which gives allies a bigger chance of surviving, instead of helping allies survive while they are too terrible to kill anything

Dunno how they will work out in structured PvP though. Time will tell.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post
    And i may have missed it, but im guessing the summon-able weapons that fight with you then disappear are the Guardians "Profession ability" similar to Necro's life force and rangers pets?
    The guardian's profession ability I think is the virtues (they weren't clear on that), the 3 passive buffs that once you activate it passes on to allies.

The spirit weapon summons seem to be regular skills.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post
    And i may have missed it, but im guessing the summon-able weapons that fight with you then disappear are the Guardians "Profession ability" similar to Necro's life force and rangers pets?
    Guardians have three special virtue abilities--Justice, Courage, and Resolve--that grant them passive benefits in battle. They can choose to activate a virtue, extending a powerful version of these benefits to their allies, but disabling their own passive ability until the activated virtue has finished recharging. The guardian virtues are:

* Justice—Every fifth attack causes burning. Use this skill to make nearby allies' next attacks cause burning. (This disables your Justice for 30 seconds.)
    * Courage—Every 30 seconds you are granted Aegis, blocking the next attack. Use this skill to apply Aegis to all nearby allies. (This disables your Courage for 120 seconds.)
    * Resolve—You regenerate health. Use this skill to remove conditions and apply Regeneration to all nearby allies. (This disables your Resolve for 120 seconds.)
    These look to be the out-of-skill bar special skills.

The weapon spells look to be similar to Necromancer summons. Probably optional slot (not a weapon skill). Activate to summon. Activate a second time to discharge the summon for a special effect.