PC Gaming News
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    Found it. Ten Ton Hammer interview at http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/feat...dian-interview
    Mmmh, thanks for the link, I missed that one.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Found it. Ten Ton Hammer interview at http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/feat...dian-interview
    Thanks! Missed it. I didn't know you could apply the Virtue to yourself (though it looked like it in the vids). Sweet.

Also... traits on virtues? Pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Yes I figured with GW 2 and the event system implemented that no one would really ever be "solo" anywhere! LOL
    Instanced storyline? Also, even in persistent areas it's possible to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Though it still seems to me that this profession is going to be strictly support
    I really *really* don't understand why you say that. Weapon spells. Melee attacks. A few melee weapons to choose from. Damage buffs even. If anything I'd worry that it would be better at soloing than more pure professions (e.g. WoW paladins and druids were better at soloing than warriors or rogues afaik, at least back when I played it).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

The other part is ally-status awareness -- who is losing health rapidly, getting spiked, has a condition, etc. That looks like it could be hard, since we don't know of any mechanism in the UI for obtaining this information.

For example, if your allies are all at 90% hp, have no conditions, and their self heal is ready to go, that might not be an ideal time to pop your Resolve virtue. If half your allies are blind, but all of the blinded are casters, that might not be an ideal time to pop Resolve. If a bunch of ettins are dishing out love taps while building adrenaline, it might not be the ideal time to pop Courage and have it on cool down when they start using their hard-hitting skills.

How can a guardian use his skills strategically without this status information?
    That's a good question. I hope more details will be revealed soon.