PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Class seems interesting to play. I think I found a successor for my warrior here, so I can outsource Warrior to Norn or Charr.
    Vids aren't working for me though

Interesting note:
    Aegis—Guardians are adept in the use of Aegis, a removable boon that blocks the next attack. Guardians have access to this boon through the virtue of Courage.
    Aegis is a boon. It's removable (so apparently, not all boons are). They are adept at using it; they have acces to it through the virtue of courage. They do not mention whether this is the only source of the boon.
    Boons were implemented to simplify the hex/enchantment system; from what we've heard they sound a lot like the positive version of conditions (quickly applied, quickly stripped, buffs). This would probably mean there are other sources of this boon. This boon is a single charge attack blocker. Sounds like a prot. No other profession seems to have a way to use this boon. Could be profession specific, could be it's also useable (though less stereotypical) by an unrevealed profession. My money is on the Mesmerlike.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    After a couple of watches of the video, I'm unsure how to feel. I'm trying to tell myself that just because it looks like a facerolly Paladin type, doesn't mean it is... I hope.

Spirit Weapon summons? I liked that idea.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    The guardian's profession ability I think is the virtues (they weren't clear on that), the 3 passive buffs that once you activate it passes on to allies.

The spirit weapon summons seem to be regular skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    These look to be the out-of-skill bar special skills.

The weapon spells look to be similar to Necromancer summons. Probably optional slot (not a weapon skill). Activate to summon. Activate a second time to discharge the summon for a special effect.
    Doh! *Smacks head*

Clearly a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees

That makes more sense then, thanks for clearing that up guys, totally missed that one.

So trying to understand that, if i have Justice activated, every 5th attack causes burning for me, so when i pass that on, does the buff cause allys to cause burning with their 5th attack just once? or does it remain on them permanently too? meaning once my Justice has finished being disabled, i can just reactive it and we all have burning with every 5th attack?

Can't wait to learn more of the Guardians skills, we need another demo or a beta now to see it truly in action

- Tsukasa

GWOnline.Net Member
    Am I the only one who noticed that nearly all the Guardian's abilities were in fact MAGIC? I recall seeing him use the sword and shield to actually defend or fight once or twice, but the rest of it looks and sounds like magic, which is worrying.

Did I.......did I see a form of jesus beam in that zealot's defense video?

*manly tears of joy*

I now have a class that will replace ranger as my first choice

Symbols sound a lot like on-attack, short duration banners.
    Spirit weapons are essentially chain summons, (Summon) -> (Effect) --> (Summon) -> (Effect) --> (Summon) -> (etc). I wonder if they have a cooldown and if so, when it is applied. At every arrow or only as after(Effect)? This question also applies to Necromancer summons, which function similarily.
    I'm wondering whether Wards really are only the skills which stop enemy movement or whether they're the skills which stop hostile movement. An arrow or fireball is hostile movement, but not a hostile enemy (it lacks sentience).
    Lastly, some skill specific things like, does shield of absorption absorb hostile AOEDOT effects present in its area (like wall of fire) and does wall of deflection spread AOEDOT effects outward (and would that create an explosion or a ring of fire).

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

[Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kamiya View Post
    Doh! *Smacks head*

Clearly a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees

That makes more sense then, thanks for clearing that up guys, totally missed that one.

So trying to understand that, if i have Justice activated, every 5th attack causes burning for me, so when i pass that on, does the buff cause allys to cause burning with their 5th attack just once? or does it remain on them permanently too? meaning once my Justice has finished being disabled, i can just reactive it and we all have burning with every 5th attack?

Can't wait to learn more of the Guardians skills, we need another demo or a beta now to see it truly in action

- Tsukasa
    Use this skill to make nearby allies' next attacks cause burning.
    Only their next attack will cause burning, and you attacks won't for the next 30 seconds.

That's what I was wondering too, Akirai - regarding the wards. It'd be pretty sweet if you could run into the middle of an AoEDOT and scatter it. And setting up a ward to stop incoming projectiles would be cool as well - like a basic protective wall that just stops the next hostile projectile and then disappears (sort of a gw2 equivalent of RoF).
    Last edited by Vana; 27-01-2011 at 16:32.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    So trying to understand that, if i have Justice activated (...)
    While passive, justice makes every 5th attack inflict burning. When you activate it, it makes all allies' 1st attack inflict burning, and cooldowns. You have no passive effect during the cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoRisin View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed that nearly all the Guardian's abilities were in fact MAGIC?
    Guardian is a hybrid warrior/magic. Most attacks (except scepter, and maybe staff) are physical attacks like the warrior's (with a bit of magic inflused maybe). Wards, spirit weapons, virtues etc sound like they're mainly holy magic.

I don't see what's worrisome about that. The distinction between magic and physical in GW2 seems to be more lore than balance. Without cross-over of profession, the difference between magic and physical mainly have to do with the few skills that affect physical/magic differently (e.g. block physical attack, daze) of which we know very little of at the moment...

You could argue that warrior shouts are magical, and so are many of their attacks...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

They can choose to activate a virtue, extending a powerful version of these benefits to their allies, but disabling their own passive ability until the activated virtue has finished recharging.
    To translate it in GW skill description:

Justice
    Energy cost: 0
    Cast time: 0
    Cooldown: 0
    Virtue. When not disabled, every fifth attack you make inflicts Burning for X seconds. When activated, this effect is dispelled. The next attack skill of all allies in range inflicts burning for X seconds. This skill is disabled for 30 seconds.