Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    On a side note:
    We only see humans in those videos, as well as environments we have already seen (Kryta & Shiver Peaky mountains). I was kind of hoping to see a Sylvari for a first time. The screen shots had Asura & Charr guardians too.

To be honest, I need to see the skills in a game situation to really have to evaluate them.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    To translate it in GW skill description
    or...

Justice:
    Cooldown: 30 seconds. Energy cost 0. Cast time 0.

Virtue. The next attack skill of all allies in range inflicts burning for X seconds.

(Passive effect) While not recharging (or while recharged), every fifth attack you make inflicts Burning for X seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    To be honest, I need to see the skills in a game situation to really have to evaluate them.
    Well, yeah, but it does give a pretty good idea of what gameplay will be like for blue mace ladies.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Thanks for that guys, guess I'm so excited I'm not reading things properly, Akirai that was the perfect way to describe it, thanks alot

So it basically creates an effect similar to the paragons "Anthem of flame" . pretty interesting.

The last thing I'm not 100% on, is it says you can pass these buffs on to your allies.

So is that restricted to party member "Allies" only? or if I'm facing the shatterer for example while not in a party and activate Courage to give others the Aegis buff, does it effects nearby player / NPC "Allies" that aren't in my party?

Judging from the videos where they are defending NPC's, I'm going to guess that it effects all players / npc's in the range, even if they aren't in your group, but just looking for clarification on that.

Also i only just noticed this, but did anyone else notice that when the Guardian started using Zealots defense, the shock wave of the attacks and reflections caused the grass and flowers to blow over then back to their normal position?

Only a minor thing, but i just thought that was really cool how the plant life / background moves realistically now, might have been picked up in earlier videos, but i just noticed it so thought I'd share

- Tsukasa

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I'm not interested in playing this class, but I do have to say it was pretty cool how far he launched the Grawl when using Lines of Warding, .

So...it's a paladin that can only actually heal through a short regeneration boon every 2 minutes?

The coolest part about this guy is, by far, the ability to place ground-targeted walls and wards. Everything else....not my cup of tea. But hey, at least we know that one profession won't be the end-all-be-all supporter in GW2. Guardians look like they have great prot, but if they don't get any decent healing abilities it'll be up to the eles and necros to redbar...if people still want to try to Trinity it up.

Oh, also, to raspberry: remember when we were talking about getting r-spiked in WvW? I'd like to replace my "lol whirling defense" comment with "LOL WALL OF DEFLECTION". What's better than surviving a spike? Surviving it and killing all of your attackers. XD

Eh. I'm not all too impressed with the guardian as I thought I'd be.

Wish I could see some other classes (ie charr/SYLVARI) in action with this class. (In my opinion, a Charr guardian would like kinda silly and futuristic)

Overall it seems like something I'd have as a toon, but not my main.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Not that paladin would have been my main anyway, but guardian seems a lot different from paladins, and a lot better in my opinion. Good thing they didn't call it paladin, as that would be confusing.

About the trinity, I have less and less confidence that this will be viable. I think that it'll be a stretch to make trinity work with the current mechanics. The roles are a lot more blurred now, and a lot more flexible.

Exciting times.

Guardian has good melee and ranged opportunities, but I wonder if it's possible (and viable) to play as ranged-only. Paladin-like effect is proactive, requiring positioning and prediction, which is awesome. Redbarring is comparatively skill-less and boring, so I'm happy with that.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I'd say that the guardian is one of the professions we've really tried to focus on as a support profession. I know a lot of people are concerned that we've made a character that's going to be required for a successful adventuring party, but from the ground up, we've been making sure that isn't the case. You don't need to have this character in every group, but it's still an amazing, fun character. And there are plenty of people here at the office who love playing it.

JP: Yeah. You look at this character with heavy armor and glowing blue light around him, and you might think that Arena Net just completely went back on what it said about no specific healer roles, no specific tank roles, and so on. But it's just not true. The combat system is where that assumption breaks down since the way the guardian plays is really going to come down to player preference. This character, like all of Guild Wars 2's other characters, can do a little bit of everything. He may appeal to a certain type of player, but ultimately, the game is all about finding the players you want to play with--not the professions you want to play with.
    linky

I'm willing to believe that they won't be "tanks" in the traditional sense, because it seems like most of their abilities are applied to allies, not just themselves. They're party protectors and buffers, like paragons or prot monks, not just tanks.

All I can say is: wow.
    First of all, I'm really surprised at how well the game looks. Its so damn pretty.
    Second, the guardian really looks like an awesome profession to play.

In the gamespot interview, on the final page, there is a picture with the words 'guilwars 2 will launch later this year'.. I skimmed through the article, but could not find the source.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by same linky
    A staff-wielding guardian is going to be more of a support character who hangs out in the back, while a hammer-wielding guardian is going to be in the front, dealing damage.
    Oh awesome, I want to hear more about that...
    == Alaris & clone ==