PC Gaming News
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    today I re installed gw,going to give it another go..I'm looking for an active guild.One who likes to do stuff on a regular basis,yet not always talk about ingame stuff(laid back) and fun..I've been following guildcast and you are awesome
    so i like to join for some casual gaming,help others do the hall of monument stuff,pick up the lore in preparation of gw2,just have a nice chat 2 or 3 evenings in the week,.. my ign is raw hunk,priestess vivianne and several others but most raw

edit
    perhaps a proper introduction is in place
    I'm Ivo,a 25yo guy from belgium.
    As student interior design I don't always have time to play the nights away.
    But of all the mmo's I have played (fiesta,dragonsaga,Lotro,wow,ragnorak,florensia,ri ft,
    dark age,...)guildwars was the best in my opinion.
    Even doh i'm not so keen on all the instanced areas,cause I feel lonely alot because everything is instanced.
    I finished factions,prophecies and in nightfall i'm at gates of madness.
    All with diffrent characters doh..I have a really hard time picking my profession
    I feel most comfortable with the elementalist ,but others i like for diffrent reasons
    well cheers for now..

my elementalist is "frozen fanny"

edit:after a bit research in the alliance I must say that true and dii also seem like good options..
    ow why is life so full of tricky choices xD is this more like the cross-game guild instead of the guild
    that focuses on guildwars solely?as massively talks about more games..if it is equally dedicated to guildwars it is all fine,I'm a guildwars junky in need of support <3 y'all
    Last edited by chanaynay; 15-01-2012 at 00:57.

chanaynay,

You are more than welcome to join MVOP if you want. We have a spot for you and I can send the invite as soon as you confirm. If you want to check out the other guilds before deciding, that is fine, too. :) Just let us know.

We are basically just a GW guild, though there may be some of us looking to continue on with a GW2 guild once that game launches. Massively does sometimes have guilds in other games. For more information on them and to see if any are active currently, you may want to check their forum over here: http://massively.enjin.com/forum

Good luck, whatever you decide. Have fun in the game.

Another European to join our ranks! If you feel like it please join us but if youd rather join one of the other guilds thats fine aswell many activities if not all are cross guild anywho, such as the XM events every sunday evening GMT+1.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluff Isle [SBI]
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii] & Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    chanaynay, I don't want to poach on MVOP's thread, but I can confirm that many activities involve the alliance as compared to an individual guild. In the end, it's more about your gut feeling, and if you think you'd rather change guilds for another one that seems a better fit after a little (or a long) while, it shouldn't be a problem (provided *you* weren't a problem ). Let us know your final choice!
    Last edited by Zahra; 17-01-2012 at 15:11.
    IGNs: Flower Lyssa (Me and GWAMM), Blue Lily (R), Bebe Nathan (Rt)

ah,cross guild activities,that is a good sign
    as it is cross guild I guess it's just a matter of preferances..
    Past few days gw looked so empty in the cities(perhaps because i'm guildless and european,it is
    really sad on european gw servers)Infact it was so empty I went to test the power of my new pc with skyrim <3 destruction mage :D
    With skyrim on ultra i can probably enjoy gw2 as it comes out at least.
    But back on topic; a very mixed european american guild would be ideal.
    that way i'll have people to play with during day or just pillowtalk a bit at night(if not go all hardcore at night
    ,not every night xD)

I don't believe i'll make it much further as guild warrior in halls of monuments
    so perhaps I am mostly hoping to meet fanatics who are planning to go gw2
    as I dont know much people in real who enjoy mmo's..
    At the moment i'm mid exams,guess it's better to let it rest and decide after.
    If there is a very eager player meanwhile or so feel free to give him/her the spot(in case it is only one)

I checked true,dii and MVOP multiple times now,and I like all the guildcapes/looks of it
    but maybe I should ask which guilds are planning to carry over their names in the alliance?
    I'm planning to play sylvari and if all guilds are planning to make the switch
    True would be the name i'd prefer
    Maybe I should join the one who needs it most in the alliance for the time left that gw won't be overshadowed by gw2

edit:perhaps a suggestion for MVOP if they plan to go over but not plan to hold the same name;
    Massively overshadowed(MOS)
    suggests the moss plant but also http://voip.about.com/od/voipbasics/a/MOS.htm
    I dont consider myself to be overpowered doh as i'm relatively new to guildwars,yet i played in the 90's :D
    Last edited by chanaynay; 18-01-2012 at 13:05.

Hi [MVOP],

I'm an old GW player returning to the game in the lead up (hopefully) to GW2. Have been reading Ruby's posts on Massively, and thought MVOP would be a good place to start.

I'm in Australia (GMT +10) and usually play in the weekend mornings, so I'm around afternoon-evening US time.

IGN is Freddy Flintoff, if you would like to invite me!

maybe I should ask which guilds are planning to carry over their names in the alliance?
    Well i have been advocating guild merger when migrating to gw2, just because i think BaR2Dii2 would be a fun name for a merged BaR and Dii guild in gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoi Enishi View Post
    Well i have been advocating guild merger when migrating to gw2, just because i think BaR2Dii2 would be a fun name for a merged BaR and Dii guild in gw2.
    As a GWO alliance member, I put 1 vote towards this. Now we just need to think of a way to cover the flamboyant golden robot.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluff Isle [SBI]
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii] & Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    I can safely say that Dii is planning to be there in GW2, but I don't remember if we have decided a merger (with anyone) at this point. My personal stance would be to wait until we get details of the guild sizes and structure from ArenaNet before talking mergers.
    IGNs: Flower Lyssa (Me and GWAMM), Blue Lily (R), Bebe Nathan (Rt)

Hello everyone!

I've recently found Gamebreaker.tv in the last few months (thanks to Rift), and having been watching the Guildcasts with great interest. What was once a game I didn't care much about (Guild Wars 2)... this show has me pumped up to play! Now I don't want to be left in the dark about what is going on in GW2 so I've downloaded Numero Uno and have begun my adventures there. Hoping a friendly and helpful guild out there would pick me up and guide a TRUE newb on the path of epic adventure. IGN is Tarkoth Stark (yes I'm a Game of Thrones fan).

Can't wait to forge new friendships and create lasting memories!