PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

A dead one (SF)

Pious Renewal and VoS Builds

Pious Renewal

From left to right: AoHM, Pious Renewal, Pious Fury, Pious Assault, Aura Slicer, Reap Impurities, "SY!", "FGJ!"

Attributes: Scythe 14, Mysticism 13.

Note: The basis for this build is AoHM, PR, PF and PA. The last 4 slots are optional. If you want to spec into a 3rd attribute, lower Mysticism down to 11.

Use: Before combat precast AoHM then Pious Renewal. When you engage mobs activate Pious Fury and "FGJ!". Keep tearing down PR (it recharges instantly when removed) with PF and Pious Assault. Spam Aura Slicer and Reap Impurities, and keep "SY!" up. Be sure that you don't teardown AoHM.

Vow of Strength

From left to right: Vow of Strength, Sand Shards, Aura of Thorns, Eremite's Attack, Heart of Fury, Whirlwind Attack, "Save Yourselves!", "For Great Justice!"

Attributes: Scythe 14, Earth Prayers 10 (or 11), Mysticism 10 (or 9)

Edit: On second thought, it might be better to have: Scythe 11, Earth Prayers 14, Mysticism 9.

Use: Before combat precast VoS and then SS. Once you find a clump of mobs or ball them up, use "FGJ!" Cast AoT for snare, then use EA. EA should instantly charge HoF, WWA and "SY!" Keep Hof and SS up while spamming WWA and "SY!".
    Last edited by Tru Reptile; 20-02-2011 at 07:39.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I modified your VoStr one a bit to be more offensive(?)

Vow, sand shards, aura, eremites, heart of fury, whirlwind, heart of holy flame, and twin moon. i didn't have problems with energy or adrenaline while testing... and the dmg output was pretty high.

Achievements:
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    So I was running the Pious Renewal build lastnight along with an ER orders hero. I swapped Aura Slicer and Reap Impurities with Wearying Strike and Twin Moon Sweep. I ended up spamming TMS so much that Pious Assault wasn't even used. Maybe Aura Slicer can replace PA as it would be very easy to have multiple stacks of Cracked Armor?

Heroes run an Earth-based build very well (plenty of great options like VoS that don't involve complicated stripping maneuvers). I'm thrilled with the combo of me being mysticism and Melonni being earth. Best of both worlds and the HM kill speed is maybe the fastest team I've created to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Tru Reptile View Post
    So I was running the Pious Renewal build lastnight along with an ER orders hero. I swapped Aura Slicer and Reap Impurities with Wearying Strike and Twin Moon Sweep. I ended up spamming TMS so much that Pious Assault wasn't even used.
    You're right on the money. My bar has been very similar:
    Quote Originally Posted by My Skillbar
    "For Great Justice!"
    Aura of Holy Might*
    Pious Renewal

Pious Fury

Pious Assault
    Twin Moon Sweep
    Wearying Strike

Flex slot for "Save Yourselves" or a rez or whatever.
    It's very spammy.
    AoHM, then PR, PF, PR as I run towards my enemy. A weird little on-approach ritual.
    "FGJ" just as I swing my first PA
    Then I abused TMS and WS when they were ready. Which was a lot, because I brought an Orders hero. PA was only used when the other two weren't up, which wasn't much. Orders hero.

Where I knew I'd be adrenaline starved ($^!$ you, ibogas), I subbed in Irresistable Sweep for TMS.

*This was on the dervish that I was leveling up, so I didn't have AoHM and for most of it. Sub in Faithful Intervention or Mystic Vigor. Whatever.

Where I knew I'd be adrenaline starved ($^!$ you, ibogas), I subbed in Irresistable Sweep for TMS.
    Agreed, I also sub in victorious sweep for wearying strike sometimes to make up for the lack of heals. Although, this is in a slightly different build, don't really need the heals in a pious renewal build.

I think Avatar of Lyssa is better than PR. I use HoHF and ZR as the two teardown enchants. That way I'm getting damage on both the casting and the stripping, and the casting and the stripping happens very quickly indeed under AoL. You have no energy problems spamming those enchants on recharge due to ZR being free plus AoL giving you energy.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I just put together another build...

I got a few comments from folks I've shown it to, that I don't really need Balth rage, and to use a more offensive enchant... but with that enchant on, I can spam my adrenaline skills as fast as the scythe allows. Thoughts?

Oh and, my e-bar is always almost completely full, making the spamming of enchants and victorious as fast as they become available.

edit: I know it has nothing to do with pious renewal or VoStr but the energy comment made me wanna share this build.
    Last edited by Raye; 25-02-2011 at 23:12.

Achievements:
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    I think Avatar of Lyssa is better than PR. I use HoHF and ZR as the two teardown enchants. That way I'm getting damage on both the casting and the stripping, and the casting and the stripping happens very quickly indeed under AoL. You have no energy problems spamming those enchants on recharge due to ZR being free plus AoL giving you energy.
    Something like this?

It does good damage but I can't find room for "SY!" and no Orders usage.

Ya that. You can drop TMS for SY if needed, but it does unfortunately get rid of orders. I always bring a SoH/SW monk with me instead.

It really does a number on the desolation, with all the holy damage explosions. I've also been running reap impurities for even more holy damage explosions, rather than SY since I just haven't needed it.