PC Gaming News
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    I'm hoping there's still at least one armor set that looks like this:

Spoiler

In all the name discussion, what do you all think about the term "spy"?

Spies have to be sneaky -> Current "thief" can go into stealth -> check.
    Spies do like to do assassin-like thief -> Current "thief" likes to backstab -> check.
    Spies are not known for being strong, rather being nimble -> So is the thief -> check.
    Lastly, spies use their surroundings to their advantage -> the thief steals environmental weapons -> check

Spy also doesn't have the negative connotation associated with "stealing".

Go or no go?

Spy seems more related to espionage and subterfuge than actual combat. I think Thief is more fitting than Spy, though Assassin is the best, imo.

Assassin or Rogue over Spy in my opinion.

Another (final) idea I had was "scout"

Scouts are light-weight fighters that go ahead of the main fighting force to find out any potential dangers. Again, scouts need to be stealthy and rely on what the land gives to fight. They are also extremely nimble.

I like it actually because unlike "thief" there is no criminal connotation associated with it. I do agree with the previous posters in hind sight that spy has more to do with subterfuge. Also a spy doesn't fit into the GW2 lore in hindsight

But scouts...The advantage of scouts is that it actually fits into the GW2 lore. You know...having scouts explore for the main group behind.

Stealth, world pvp, and thousands of people wanting to to feel special never goes well together, ANet.

After Guardian or whatever, I'm surprised they went with Thief. That's a bit blunt. But every other game has rogues already. I suspect there'll be Robin hood quests at some point to put folks delicate moral sensibilities at ease.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Thief just doesn't have that right ring to it (Well neither did assassin and necromancer might be on the fence there).

I know that if I was in a seat of power, I wouldn't be entrusting important tasks like saving the world to a thief, who would rob me of my belongings shortly afterwards.

But I'll live with the name, can't think up anything myself anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    Thief just doesn't have that right ring to it (Well neither did assassin and necromancer might be on the fence there).

I know that if I was in a seat of power, I wouldn't be entrusting important tasks like saving the world to a thief, who would rob me of my belongings shortly afterwards.

But I'll live with the name, can't think up anything myself anyways.
    What about entrusting the world to a "scout"?

Who cares about the name, really, if you say rogue or assassin people will still get what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Ringsgold; 12-03-2011 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalanor Thornhale View Post
    What about entrusting the world to a "scout"?
    Well, he does steal sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuro View Post
    You need to read the ultra-fine print. You agreed to give him all your belongings in the contract, so it's not technically stealing.
    Last edited by Zayren; 12-03-2011 at 22:53.