PC Gaming News
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    I must say, that dark YODA-looking asura skill where he uses a bow to shoot himself forwards....that's how I have always imagined shadow stepping ought to look like! SWWWWWEEEEEET!

The only thing I do wonder about - not just for the thief - is when you run sideways and shoot or cast or anything...do you really look like that??? It seems a bit odd.

Using the shadowstep to compensate for the shorter range of the short bow was brilliant, although I still wonder about how good that weapon will be. You obviously cannot steal at range and the short bow is the only weapon choice without dual attacks. It was definitely a spectacular reveal though!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    You can argue that short bow has a dual attack, but you can't change it by changing your main or offhand ;)

I think with shadowstep bow, stealing will work either against melee (also, you can do that poison cloud at your feet and stay there to do damage at melee that gets near you).... or against foes you shadowstep to then move away from.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    Gee, I wonder where they got the name for "Scorpion Wire?"

GET OVER HERE !

-Tjal Lee

Sorry for double post

But Scorpion Wire is going to suck so hard for scholar professions ! LOL
    If you watch the skills trailer the Thief pulls the Grawl? towards him and absolutely destroys him lmao.

-Tjal Lee

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yes, but I'm sure scolars will have ways to counter that... 1vs1 should be matched if both play well.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    The thing with thief is it looks more like a mobile skirmisher that a teleporting instagib spiker. It enters combat empties its initiative and then pulls back to a safe distance as needed. Should play much better than the gw sin with the dodge mechanics etc. Also its soo nice not to be locked into the dagger chain mechanics of gw1 ;>.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Initiative encourages you to move in, empty, move out. This is much better than having energy for both moving and attacking.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I’m lovin’ the red head thief, she looks tough, not fluffy and nice like the other thief chick. The sword she uses looks like a sword. Dam she’s just hot, I’m going to have to get me one!

It’s too bad they allowed umpa lumpas to be in the game but I guess someone will want to roll play Bilbo. Just think how much better that video part would have been if it were a human, or asuran.

The Charr tail is cool, it almost looks like he is wagging it as the enemies approach! Good boy, go kill the big monsters…what you want a cookie?

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteranBlogger
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

[Dii]
    Coverage from PAX:

http://www.justin.tv/alienwarearena/b/281335903

Skip to about 14:00 for the good stuff.