In Guild Wars 2, there are eight crafting disciplines players can choose from.
* Weaponsmith – Weaponsmiths craft melee weapons, such as swords, axes and hammers.
* Huntsman – Huntsmen craft ranged weapons like bows and pistol, as well as torches and warhorns.
* Artificer– Artificers craft magical weapons such as staves and scepters
* Armorsmith – Armorsmiths craft heavy armor pieces.
* Leatherworker – Leatherworkers craft medium armor pieces.
* Tailor – Tailors craft light armor pieces.
* Jewelcrafter – Jewelcrafters craft jewelry, such as rings and necklaces.
* Cook – Cooks can prepare food which characters can eat for temporary combat buffs.
Characters can be proficient in up to two crafting disciplines at a time.
You can switch between crafting professions, but the more profcient crafter that you are the more it costs to do so. When switching previously known attributes and crafting recipes are kept.