PC Gaming News
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Either a human Guardian or a human Warrior. There can only be one! (For at least the first few weeks :P) Leaning more toward the Guardian, although I hope it isn't a boring class solo (thought the monk was pretty bland in pve but loved it in pvp). Looking at the skill sets though it should be fairly versatile. In general though, I'm just looking forward to all the new cool things to see, learn do etc. Not had that "shiny new things" feeling for a while in GW. Chances are a few months after release I'll dabble in all the classes/races, so will have to pick up a few char slots maybe.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    The only things I know I'm going to make at the moment are:

* Sylvari Thief
    * Norn Guardian
    * Human Ele.

The remaining races + classes don't interest me at the moment. But we'll see.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    BTW the Elementalists and Necromancers have their own "profession => race" poll running in the forums. If you have not submitted your choice there yet, it would be awesome to take a look and make your opinion count there.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Hey, just abit of background on me... I played a Dark elf Shadowknight in EQoA, played a pally in WoW and a Melee cleric and warrior in Rift.

The race that appeals to me the most is definitely the Charr, but the class that appeals to me the most at this point from my research and theory crafting is the Guardian. I'm having a hard time picturing a Charr as a Guardian, from what I've seen of the armor styles for Guards it just doesn't seem right. I'll definitly play a melee class, and I'm torn atm between Norn Guardian and Charr Warrior. I guess I'll just have to wait to play both classes to see which one I would like to invest the brunt of my time in.

I've always liked the idea of a warrior, but in most games the lack of having any reliable heals makes the class almost unplayable for me. But I see in GW2 all classes will have the ability to heal, and maybe it will make the Warrior class seem a little more playable to me. I dont like classes that dont fair well in 1v1 situations or classes that have poor survive ability.

Any thoughts on the subject are welcome.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    In GW2, as you mentioned, all classes can heal. Remember that we can't directly target other players with skills anymore. We don't really know how 1v1 will be, but Warriors should have some great survivability. Guardians can wear the same kind of armor as Warriors, but have lower HP. On the other hand, Guardians have a lot more defensive skills, where Warriors are more offense-focused.

Take a look through their skills on the GW2 Wiki; it might help you decide. Otherwise, you might just have to mess around with them in-game to decide which is really for you.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Warrior can self-heal quite well, so that should not be an issue.

Also, warrior and guardian share the same armor art. That is, they can dress exactly the same. So if you like some warrior charr armor, you'll be fine.

The choice between warrior and guardian is that the former offers more offensive options (i.e. more weapon choices) and the latter offers more defensive and support options (i.e. bubbles and team buffs).
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Don't know how many slots will be coming at final release, but I plan to fill them all the first day. So...far I have decided on:

Human Necromancer
    Sylvari Necromancer
    Human Mesmer
    Human Thief
    Norn Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Xilisys View Post
    I think limiting characters slots to less than the amount of professions there are is silly. Obviously we don't want to have people making 50 characters, but if it's limited to 4 slots, then we can only experience half of the game's mechanics from our own point of view. Then we'd have to delete those characters to have one of the professions we haven't played, which would make people angry/not want to play. I don't see why they would do this. I think that having 5-8 slots would be good: 5 still meets the amount of races (one of every race at least), and 8 meets the amount of professions.

I'd still prefer at least 8, but who knows; with the amount of content they have, who's to say we'll even need 8 slots?
    GuildWars 1 had more classes than character slots you started with...

I expect 4 slots, and $9.99 to buy an extra character slot.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Current lineup:

Sylvari Guardian
    Sylvari Engineer
    Norn Mesmer - big clones ftw
    Charr Necro - meat, fresh or not
    Human Elementalist
    Asura Ranger
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Heh my current lineup:
    Human Warrior

lol I'll probably make a Mesmer just to mess with it, but the only class I'm looking forward to at the moment is Warrior.