PC Gaming News
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    What the hell is the point of starting LS on a purely Tyrian, henchie only, only skills through quests character if you're just going to do something as cheesey as wurm farming to finish it??

edit grammar
    Last edited by Fluffball; 21-06-2011 at 16:47.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    What the hell is the point of starting LS on a purely Tyrian, henchie only, only skills through quests character if you're just going to do something as cheesey as wurm farming to finish it??

edit grammar
    has anyone els done it, if not then i am doing something unique.
    it's also not as cheesey as doing boxing all the time, there are risks on it. (the pines are a ***** on the last worms >_<)
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

No you're not doing something unique, several people in this thread alone have mentioned they've done the same thing. I've gotten plenty of Tyrian only chars to level 20 without dying, as recently as last week. Also, wurm farming is NOT risky at all, you're ridiculous.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    so you're saying that after the update, plenty of ppl have actually grimped there self just like me to do it the classic way........i dunno about you but there is not even one person in this entire thread that has done anything close to what i am doing.

sorudo.9054

It is very easy to get this in pre as to the classic way just play the game NM and get those blessings in NF.When in Tyria is is sometimes a good idea to get missions ran for you.

Lytha you are very hard on Alesia as I mostly blame Stefan.I always say imagine your self in her shoes.I lost my Survivor Monk due to Stefan running behind me and I facing all those final thrusts.I thought I could get back to my GH in time but to no avail.I would re do her but I don't want to go through of Proph. and NF again.I will earn it the new way on my main Monk hopefully as I just do bounties.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Lytha you are very hard on Alesia as I mostly blame Stefan.I always say imagine your self in her shoes.I lost my Survivor Monk due to Stefan running behind me and I facing all those final thrusts.I thought I could get back to my GH in time but to no avail.I would re do her but I don't want to go through of Proph. and NF again.I will earn it the new way on my main Monk hopefully as I just do bounties.
    No, I am not too hard on Alesia.

Firstly, she has no focus item. So, unless that cesta of hers is magical, she has a whopping 30 energy. The ideal base to run 2 spells that cost 10 energy and that are quite spammable and highly preferred by her.

Secondly, she combats health degeneration with Healing Breeze. While the Charr and Ascalonian mobs don't give her too bad a time about that, the Stone Summit and Tengu gladly shatter and rip these enchantments then; and they seem to have decent amounts of Domination and Blood for it.

Thirdly, she lacks at these lower levels of anything to heal herself with. Orizon of Healing and Healing Breeze seem to be the only things with which she tries to heal herself with. Healing Breeze will get shattered and ripped. That is how she dies so often.

Forthly, which is worse on a caster or on a recurve bow wielding ranger, than on a flatbow/longbow wielding ranger or on a melee: When you approach a mob as a survivor, you normally stop just infront of that mob and targetcall the closest member of that mob. This will launch the henchs into the mob and the survivor character doesn't get the immediate attention of the entire mob. (At least, that's what I do.)

In such a situation, the following will happen: Claude, Orion, Dunham will start to cast spells. Reyna will stay at a safe distance and shoot an arrow or do that preparation of hers. Stefan and Thom seemed to hesitate a bit in the past, standing around for a second to activate Sprint, because they wouldn't use Sprint while running for some reason. I don't know how they perform now; maybe I should investigate that a bit further.

Alesia, on the other hand, has nothing else to do at the start of a fight rather than to rush towards the mob to attack the closest target with her cesta. Quite naturally, too: She has no spells to cast right now (nobody needs to be healed), she has no offensive spells that she could cast; so the only thing she can to is to hit something with her wand. This, however, means that she is he one member of your group that the mob will spot first, and so they will all make a beeline towards her.

Combine that with the lack of selfheals on her, and you might notice a problem.

This "kick me" sign she places on herself in addition to the (alleged?) natural preference of mobs towards the monks in your team. I'm doubting this natural preference of mobs towards monks because as a human monk, I've never been the primary target for any PvE mob. But yes, I've seen mobs chase monk AIs all over the place and I know what happens to the Zaishen Monk in the Zaishen Elite, if you take him along.

The only way to avoid this pattern would be to be the one who is seen first; but that is clearly an explicit "don't do that!" on a survivor in progress. At least unless you have a protector hero around whom you can micromanage before rushing into the mobs.

Lastly, I am sick of watching her being the most eager recipient of hostile Empathies, Price of Failures and Spirit Shackles.

Stefan (and other melees and minions) do cause problems by aggroing more mobs than you intended to, that is correct. However, that is why you have a flag and a bow for pulling. They are also really aggravating when they seem to spend most of their time during a battle running from foe to foe, only because you were shooting a distracting shot at some other member of the mob than they were attacking at first.

Alesia's flaws, however, are just logical and pretty much unavoidable on cautious survivor characters, thanks to her AI and skillbar. So... no, I really don't think that I am too hard on her.
    Last edited by Lytha; 22-06-2011 at 11:11.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    so you're saying that after the update, plenty of ppl have actually grimped there self just like me to do it the classic way........i dunno about you but there is not even one person in this entire thread that has done anything close to what i am doing.
    Your posts consistently blow my mind.

Level 20 = 140,600 exp
    LS = 1,337,500 exp

I'm getting it on my necro doing whatever, just playing the game and filling my hall. I've finished all of the protector titles and just beat SF two days ago (new account) and got my mini chick in the process. Obviously I've been capping elites for more xp as I've gone through, but I'm nowhere close to the titles. SF put me over 1mil xp, so I'll probably cap some elites and do zaishen stuff for the last bit. No boxing, wurms, or Hammers, that's for sure.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I get my survivors the classic way. Ok, so I'm not gimping myself to staying to Prophecies (good luck with that, and I mainly mean patience-wise) but I'm also not engaging in farms (never did that for survivors).

Mesmer died at S2, but is well on its way to getting it... all by doing quests, missions, books... a lot of which is in HM because I am running out of nm stuff to do.

Assassin just started, but it's doing it the classic way too.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Lytha View Post
    No, I am not too hard on Alesia.

Firstly, she has no focus item. So, unless that cesta of hers is magical, she has a whopping 30 energy. The ideal base to run 2 spells that cost 10 energy and that are quite spammable and highly preferred by her.

Secondly, she combats health degeneration with Healing Breeze. While the Charr and Ascalonian mobs don't give her too bad a time about that, the Stone Summit and Tengu gladly shatter and rip these enchantments then; and they seem to have decent amounts of Domination and Blood for it.

Thirdly, she lacks at these lower levels of anything to heal herself with. Orizon of Healing and Healing Breeze seem to be the only things with which she tries to heal herself with. Healing Breeze will get shattered and ripped. That is how she dies so often.

Forthly, which is worse on a caster or on a recurve bow wielding ranger, than on a flatbow/longbow wielding ranger or on a melee: When you approach a mob as a survivor, you normally stop just infront of that mob and targetcall the closest member of that mob. This will launch the henchs into the mob and the survivor character doesn't get the immediate attention of the entire mob. (At least, that's what I do.)

In such a situation, the following will happen: Claude, Orion, Dunham will start to cast spells. Reyna will stay at a safe distance and shoot an arrow or do that preparation of hers. Stefan and Thom seemed to hesitate a bit in the past, standing around for a second to activate Sprint, because they wouldn't use Sprint while running for some reason. I don't know how they perform now; maybe I should investigate that a bit further.

Alesia, on the other hand, has nothing else to do at the start of a fight rather than to rush towards the mob to attack the closest target with her cesta. Quite naturally, too: She has no spells to cast right now (nobody needs to be healed), she has no offensive spells that she could cast; so the only thing she can to is to hit something with her wand. This, however, means that she is he one member of your group that the mob will spot first, and so they will all make a beeline towards her.

Combine that with the lack of selfheals on her, and you might notice a problem.

This "kick me" sign she places on herself in addition to the (alleged?) natural preference of mobs towards the monks in your team. I'm doubting this natural preference of mobs towards monks because as a human monk, I've never been the primary target for any PvE mob. But yes, I've seen mobs chase monk AIs all over the place and I know what happens to the Zaishen Monk in the Zaishen Elite, if you take him along.

The only way to avoid this pattern would be to be the one who is seen first; but that is clearly an explicit "don't do that!" on a survivor in progress. At least unless you have a protector hero around whom you can micromanage before rushing into the mobs.

Lastly, I am sick of watching her being the most eager recipient of hostile Empathies, Price of Failures and Spirit Shackles.

Stefan (and other melees and minions) do cause problems by aggroing more mobs than you intended to, that is correct. However, that is why you have a flag and a bow for pulling. They are also really aggravating when they seem to spend most of their time during a battle running from foe to foe, only because you were shooting a distracting shot at some other member of the mob than they were attacking at first.

Alesia's flaws, however, are just logical and pretty much unavoidable on cautious survivor characters, thanks to her AI and skillbar. So... no, I really don't think that I am too hard on her.
    you forgot one tiny thing, she needs a melee weapon to justify her charging in.
    she is the only monk i have ever seen playing a tank, and she is not even fit to do just that.

sorudo.9054