PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I just did boxing with cheap scrolls and a few gold scrolls I had laying around. Probably took about 8~9 hours total, not too bad. Broke it up about four days.

I actually made a video of it if anyone is dying a lot, but it's a pretty boring video.

I did it from start to finish by working on my elite skill hunter titles during the double xp for elite captures weekend.

Had around 90 000xp accumulated since previous death when the weekend started. After completing Canthan skill hunter and half of Elonian skill hunter, I was already a legendary survivor. It's also a pretty safe way to do it, as long as you stick to NM.

If you don't have these titles already, capping skills is definitely a good way to do it.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Yes, but the problem is that these 5 year old characters usually already have captured a lot of these elite skills. These that they haven't got yet... may not be the safest elites to capture. For instance, I think that my character is missing a couple of elites in the junundu area of Nightfall. That's a definite "don't do this" for me. I'd rather visit FoW another time and get some more shards plus these ~118k xp for no risk at all.

I realize that the OP has probably capped all or most elites on his main character already, but I thought I'd make the suggestion anyway, since I didn't see anyone else mention skill capping and the OP hasn't specified whether skill capping is an option or not.

And capping skills in the desolation can be hazardous if you charge in, but if you just stay back and send your heroes to do all the dirty work, it's easy as pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    I just did boxing with cheap scrolls and a few gold scrolls I had laying around. Probably took about 8~9 hours total, not too bad. Broke it up about four days.
    That's mostly what I did on my 6yo mesmer, since she's done pretty much everything else already. I don't play her except in high risk areas with guildies, and all of the "safe" methods of Survivor sounded equally boring.

Once you get used to it, boxing in HM can take less than 10 minutes per run, so you get the full bonus of Adventurer's Insight. I modded Thunderfist's Knuckles with Furious and Shelter mods, and I used Red Rock Candies to speed things up a bit.

If I recall, it takes less than 50 HM boxing runs with the cheap scroll to max Survivor. I did a few runs a night, then broke up the monotony with some Z missions and EotN speed books. It took me about 10 evenings of semi-casual play.

-T

If none of you mind, what I am asking is quite a bit off topics from the OP's original intent. Have any of you managed to gain the Legendary Defender of Ascalon and Survivor level 1 in pre-sear ? Getting Legendary Survivor in pre-sear is too time consuming still, I believe. If any of you have managed the feat, tell me which profession will be easiest soloing all the time except with the imp or a pet if ranger seondary. I am thinking of a necro/monk because I can get minions and self heals with the secondary monk attributes.
    Last edited by Oliver; 15-04-2011 at 05:53.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    If none of you mind, what I am asking is quite a bit off topics from the OP's original intent. Have any of you managed to gain the Legendary Defender of Ascalon and Survivor level 1 in pre-sear ? Getting Legendary Survivor in pre-sear is too time consuming still, I believe. If any of you have managed the feat, tell me which profession will be easiest soloing all the time except with the imp or a pet if ranger seondary. I am thinking of a necro/monk because I can get minions and self heals with the secondary monk attributes.
    I'm still working on that. But I don't have too much time to spend on that (or rather, I don't want to spend too much time on that, as I also want my necro to get more titles).
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]
    Lots of FoW, and happily many guildies were doing it for the same reason. So double bonus!

I did do a few Wurm runs as well with scrolls. Even took out the Pines (though, admittedly there was a lot of drop spirits and run involved with that.)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    I just made a video showing how to farm at Harvest Temple. It gives 250 exp every 40 seconds. That is 22500 exp an hour without scrolls. Not too bad for a risk free farm. Even if you d/c the heroes can take care of the mobs for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU5ogCsz20Y

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    if you do it right, you can get 360XP per worm within 3 minutes, kinda beats harvest temple.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054