PC Gaming News
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    Got an Margrid the Sly Tonic. Not gold but she still looks cool. Although I personally would love a Shiro Tonic. That would look very good on my sins, which dance with Shiro's Blades full time.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Aoi Enishi View Post
    Dear ANet.

Please make a way for us to get the old festival hats if we were too busy or had computer trouble at the time they were handed out! Pretty please! /wish

Aoi
    Unfortunately they will still be useless until they got armor ratings on them.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by cosyfiep View Post
    lol ingame store---then gee the 200 or so bday gifts I have opened that have never gotten me a green item should get me some really nice thing from that store.
    Not a good idea--and never gonna happen.
    And yes I LIKE minipets, I dont like tonics (though I believe I have mentioned this already)...so I am not looking forward to my characters 6th bdays in a few months (and by then the going prices will be waay down so I wont get uber rich either)
    I have like 10 characters. Only got like 2 or 3 purples minis over all these years. Nevermind gold or green.

These rare birthday gifts are so rare it is nuts. Can't farm for them neither. I probably would never afford to buy one.

I actually don't mind tonics. The problem though is those bad tonics are useless. No one is going to transform into a horse. Shiro tonic will be cool but only 1 in a million gets one.

Also the tonics only gives us the basic armor style for the heroes. There is nothing cool about the basic armor of most heroes. They should wear the final armor instead.

And maybe make the tonics dye-able?
    Last edited by CHIPS; 12-05-2011 at 11:13.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    I don't get that either. Of the hundreds of creatures they could have picked, why the heroes? Don't we see enough of them already?

I'm not much for tonics as it is, but I'd want something that stands out. Most of these are just another human in the crowd.
    Got to agree. Turning into a Hydra for example would be nice.

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Yeah, the only ones that are actually different are the Green ones, which sucks even more since they're the ones you're least likely to get. With the mini's, there's at least one of the white ones you'd give a damn about.

Now if the Tonics turned your armour into the Hero Armours, like Costumes or something, THEN I might give a damn about the 6th year B-day presents. I don't see any reason to dress up as one of the guys I'm bossing around. Margonite and Destroyer are sort of kewl but like I said, too rare to get unless really, really lucky.
    I think you nailed it. The problem with the tonics is that 99% of the white ones are really really bad. At least with the minis some white ones still looks pretty cool.

In fact the only good white one is probably Livia.
    Last edited by CHIPS; 12-05-2011 at 11:28.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Chips, you can use multiple quotes in a single reply, avoiding penta-posting or whatever that's called. There's a small icon next to the quote icon with a plus next to it. Press it on the posts you want to quote, then on the last one, you can press quote and then they all are tehre ready to be quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Chips, you can use multiple quotes in a single reply, avoiding penta-posting or whatever that's called. There's a small icon next to the quote icon with a plus next to it. Press it on the posts you want to quote, then on the last one, you can press quote and then they all are tehre ready to be quoted.
    You know, thanks for posting this, I've asked in the past how to do this but people just ignore me. Guess I have to thank Chips for penta-posting too, lol.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered
    Doesn't it say somewhere on the site how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by djacob View Post
    You know, thanks for posting this, I've asked in the past how to do this but people just ignore me. Guess I have to thank Chips for penta-posting too, lol.
    You could always do it the old fashioned way.

Quote -> Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, Back, Quote -> Ctrl + V, Ctrl + A, Ctrl+C, ...

I prefer clicking

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    I think it was explained when it was implemented. Dunno if it's listed somewhere explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    I think you nailed it. The problem with the tonics is that 99% of the white ones are really really bad. At least with the minis some white ones still looks pretty cool.

In fact the only good white one is probably Livia.
    Ahem, I think you're forgetting Xandra (or at least I like that tonic).

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Kedde View Post
    Maybe, I never found anything explaining multi-quote before though, and I have looked. Of course, I don't know when this first became doable, might have looked for something before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    You could always do it the old fashioned way.

Quote -> Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, Back, Quote -> Ctrl + V, Ctrl + A, Ctrl+C, ...

I prefer clicking
    Yeah, I used to copy everything, and then do =so and so. It was embarrasing the time I wrote down the wrong name though. Got in too much of a hurry because I didn't have much time to post.