PC Gaming News
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Speaking of BMP, the cast times for Togo's spirits seemed really long when I ran it yesterday. It really has been a while since I last waited 5 seconds to put down a spirit (disenchantment).

Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Chips, you can use multiple quotes in a single reply, avoiding penta-posting or whatever that's called. There's a small icon next to the quote icon with a plus next to it. Press it on the posts you want to quote, then on the last one, you can press quote and then they all are tehre ready to be quoted.
    Well crap, I feel really stupid that I never knew that.

Decided against getting the BMP for my secondary account. Rewards are nice, but I don't need empty req9 golds that badly, even if the skins are some of the best.

/waiting for char slot price reduction.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    Speaking of BMP, the cast times for Togo's spirits seemed really long when I ran it yesterday. It really has been a while since I last waited 5 seconds to put down a spirit (disenchantment).
    I don't know about the BMP in particular, because I don't have that; but I do know that your casting times are slower than usual whenever you are wearing some disguise. Prime examples would be Blacktide Den and Pogahn Passage, of course.

I usually play mesmers or prot monks, and casting these 1/4 second spells is significantly slower than usual.

Perhaps it's the same in the BMP.
    Last edited by Lytha; 19-05-2011 at 08:25.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Is it really slower though? I thought it was just the animation.

IIRC, its got a longer after cast but cast time is the same.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    The slowness in Togo's story isn't because of the disguise. The mission was balanced around the original spirit casting time before the rit update. Most of the skills in Togo's story are special BMP-only skills that aren't used in regular PvE. However, a couple of them were the same as normal skills, and ANet had to change them to special versions because the rit update threw the balance off.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    The slowness in Togo's story isn't because of the disguise. The mission was balanced around the original spirit casting time before the rit update.
    This. I just found it funny how the long cast time used to be the norm; kinda like hopping onto a time machine and going back 5 years and realizing the prevalence and advancement of mobile phones.

Most of the skills in Togo's story are special BMP-only skills that aren't used in regular PvE. However, a couple of them were the same as normal skills, and ANet had to change them to special versions because the rit update threw the balance off.
    Now that I didn't know...must have missed them in the update notes. I figured they just didn't bother to update the skills.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    Now that I didn't know...must have missed them in the update notes. I figured they just didn't bother to update the skills.
    The update notes for the rit update didn't mention the BMP. The Live Team at the time forgot that some of the skills used in Togo's story were the same as the regular skills, and the mission got a bit screwed up. One of the later patch updates dealt with the problem, but I can't remember if there were update notes for that one or just a comment from one of the devs somewhere (forum or wiki talk) explaining about the balance of the BMP and what happened.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    IIRC, its got a longer after cast but cast time is the same.
    I'm reasonably sure that the casting time was also slower. It felt as if the fast casting had been set to 0. There may of course also be stupidly drawn out pre- and postcast animations (which would explain the issues that my monk had), but casting an empathy under disguise feels like you're back at level 1 and hexing a river skale tad or something.

I've re-rolled often enough to still remember the casting times at 0 fastcasting quite well.