PC Gaming News
Page 47 of 207 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Shawn, you can't blame Alaris. He has extreme short-term memory loss, and figures if he doesn't tell us that he doesn't like games we like whenever the chance arises, we'll incorrectly assume he has good taste.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Filter makes you harder to understand, shawn.
    "Not actually intended as snark, but I can't seem to word it without it sounding more donkey-holeish than light-hearted"
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I have rather missed his insights on everything that's posted ever. Shawn, you played the thing; what's it like using more than just the mouse and potion buttons to make everything dead?

My only real fear is that I'll burn out on it as fast as I did in Torchlight, but that game was ten bucks so I didn't care as much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Necros aside, Alaris has fine taste; he just doesn't like to shell out the full sticker price most of the time. How many of us here actually get games when they're released instead of "acquiring" them or waiting for them to go on Super Steam Sale?

Hey I still think piracy is wrong and I get a lot of new games so uh

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Yeah, you were one of the exceptions in my mind. I don't really pirate (up until recently, I hadn't pirated a game in years and years, and I do still intend to buy that game... at some point), but I wait for the sales. Not for this or GW2, though.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    Shawn, you can't blame Alaris. He has extreme short-term memory loss
    Well, you can't expect me to keep track of everything I post, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    and figures if he doesn't tell us that he doesn't like games we like whenever the chance arises, we'll incorrectly assume he has good taste.
    Eh, I did say that I loved D2, and D3 will be a great game too. Not as good as GW2 or OMD2, but hey, that probably depends on taste.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Necros aside, Alaris has fine taste; he just doesn't like to shell out the full sticker price most of the time. How many of us here actually get games when they're released instead of "acquiring" them or waiting for them to go on Super Steam Sale?
    Necros aside? But but... Necros are cool!

Correct about the full sticker price, though it has more to do with not having enough time to play, so the bargain bin usually has plenty of games I wanted to play back when they were released.

I also have some games installed I have yet to finish. Not much point buying new games when I still have games to finish.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    How many of us here actually get games when they're released...
    Me, and if I don't get them immediately, it's not usually long after. I still haven't gotten Mass Effect 3, so I'm a little behind there.

In fact, I never "acquire" games.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    I have rather missed his insights on everything that's posted ever. Shawn, you played the thing; what's it like using more than just the mouse and potion buttons to make everything dead?
    Awesome. Having more abilities within direct reach adds more combinations and strategic opportunities. For example, you can round up a massive mob, freeze them all solid with Frost Nova, blow them apart with Wave of Force, and pick off any stragglers with Arcane Orb or Ray of Frost. And that's just using abilities earned in the first 8 levels, without any of the runes. There's going to be a lot of combinations.

It's not nearly as identical to D2 as some posters would lead you to believe.

How many of us here actually get games when they're released instead of "acquiring" them or waiting for them to go on Super Steam Sale?
    Depends on the game. I acquired Alice: Madness Returns, because it's buggy as ****, and Skyrim because I didn't think I'd get into it. (I was right.)
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Indeed, it sounds like they built the game to be more about using many skills well rather than spamming your strongest skill all the time unless foes are immune to it. That makes it a big improvement gameplay-wise over D2.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about