Page 80 of 207 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    Got in, now in a game with my mates...goodbye world, I'll see you in ... I don't know how long yet.
    My guess...probably until the next GW2 BWE or GW2 release.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Well, I'm installing right now. The install-screen had a nice recap of the events of the first two games. Quite interesting read.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Good grief. I'm probably going to be late for work at this point, but ohhh man.

Yeah...took around two hours for the servers to calm down somewhat, my son got on around 5 this morning. Day off work for him. I'm enjoying watching; everything seems stable now.
    mv

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I got right in. Had to agree to three things, and login was a tad slow, but once I was past that point, it worked perfectly. Even if the style banner I wanted to use is locked and I couldn't remember the colors I liked :( Just went into the creator again to see; orange & teal... Orange looked different in game, though. But could be because the banner style is locked.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Seems like Euro servers can't handle the load - yet again. It's not that I expected to be able to play right at midnight launch, but that Blizzard - a company with plenty of resources after milking millions of WoW subscribers for years - can't provide an online-service they mandatory forced upon their recycled Diablo 2 is really just sad.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Wow. I just overslept and missed picking up the game before the post office closed by a half hour.

Looks like I'll be staying up till 9:30am after work tonight. I have never hated working nights more than I do at this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    Seems like Euro servers can't handle the load - yet again. It's not that I expected to be able to play right at midnight launch, but that Blizzard - a company with plenty of resources after milking millions of WoW subscribers for years - can't provide an online-service they mandatory forced upon their recycled Diablo 2 is really just sad.
    You sound like you have a lot of experience with successful game launches. They should hire you so you can tell them what they, and every other big game launch in history, are missing.
    Last edited by shawn; 15-05-2012 at 18:17.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    You sound like you have a lot of experience with successful game launches. They should hire you so you can tell them what they, and every other big game launch in history, are missing.
    No need, there are plenty of people like you proving them constantly that they can basically just sell anything they want anyway.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    Complaining about having trouble connecting to a game on opening day, at peak time (when EVERYONE is trying to log in...in EU at least) is like complaining about being stuck in rush hour traffic, even though you knew EVERYBODY would be on the road at the same time.

I'm telling myself, assuming my game is waiting for me when I get home in about 4.5 hours, that when I get home, I'll be able to play. But then I remember that it'll be 7:00, which is when everyone else in the US will be playing. I'm not counting on it going smoothly, but I'm hoping it does.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yes, but there is no reason why D3 requires online except greed. You should be able to play offline if you want.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about