Yay henchmen, but more like heroes. ;)

I want Koss! (jk)
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    1:27.

AF? Weak, QFQFASA is much better.
    That reminds me... I haven't played the latest Magicka DLC.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I wonder if they cranked up the difficulty of the game to compensate for having a follower. It's like Guild Wars > GW2 in reverse.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Diablo 2 had a henchmen in all acts (except 4th). I'm sure difficulty is adjusted accordingly.

I want a buff if I decide not to use it
    == Alaris & clone ==

Aiming for release in 2011, but no guarantee. I like.

The henchmen in Diablo 2 kind of sucked. They usually died almost instantly, making it quite a waste of money to hire them every time. Or maybe that's just me sucking at the game. Hell, I never made it past the damn desert because of the insta-kill boss. And I couldn't be bothered to keep running back to my corpse at the risk of perhaps never retrieving all my equipment.

Oh, I really hope they've tuned the difficulty better this time. I do not want to be locked in small rooms with overpowered bosses ever again. I want to be able to kite, which is how I finished Diablo 1 on nightmare mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    The henchmen in Diablo 2 kind of sucked. They usually died almost instantly, making it quite a waste of money to hire them every time. Or maybe that's just me sucking at the game. Hell, I never made it past the damn desert because of the insta-kill boss. And I couldn't be bothered to keep running back to my corpse at the risk of perhaps never retrieving all my equipment.
    I had better luck picking the henchmen who were the opposite of my range. As a sorceress, I preferred the polearm-wielders from Act 2. The Act 3 magicians were generally good performers all around, though. None of them were as good as a player, but buying the best one available could make them useful enough.

Oh, I really hope they've tuned the difficulty better this time. I do not want to be locked in small rooms with overpowered bosses ever again. I want to be able to kite, which is how I finished Diablo 1 on nightmare mode.
    What -- You weren't a fan of the HEYITSDURIELANDHESGONNAFREEZEYA room?

As a general comment on what I've seen from Diablo III... Does anyone else think Diablo isn't as intimidating as he was in past titles? Granted, it was the late '90s and I was maybe 14 when I played the first game, but still. I think the in-dungeon darkness of the first game was much moodier. If people are complaining about D3 being lighter, let's not forget about D2, by comparison.
    Last edited by Zalis; 13-05-2011 at 15:20.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ok, that boss you're talking about has been a major complaint of a lot of people. He is really tough unless you are willing to fight him using a specific tactic (e.g. sorc using the fire skill that leaves a flame where you run). If you level up a few levels extra before fighting him, it gets easier. For the rest of the game, hench are fairly well-tuned.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    I remember Duriel was a problem because he could kill my sorc before I loaded his damn room. Ahh, the days of a 400mhz pentium.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Blizzard advertized no loading screens or lag in Diablo 2, the next room would automatically load while playing so entering it would be seamless. Well, except for Duriel and his "Inflict lag" skill.
    == Alaris & clone ==