PC Gaming News
Page 138 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2070
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Agreed. I think I sold a nice amulet for like 60K or something (keep forgetting to check...), but, before that, the only thing I sold was for like 147 gold.

I don't put minimums up; I just use the default. There's that whole auction tactic that says if you price things lower, people will go bid crazy and you'll end up with more $$.
    Unless you have something truly valuable, I don't think aiming for bid-wars is the way to go. I've had great success with the AH by simply putting an irrelevant min bid, while setting a buyout I feel comfortable with. If just looking to gear up, in my experience people don't want to wait for an auction to end, but rather just buyout something they can use here and now.

This way you might not always get the most out of an item, but you are more likely to actually sell it. I stick to selling rares (with mod combinations that actually make some sense) and there are rarely items I can't sell.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Never even saw the buyout option. I don't really like the AH interface (and the fact that I have to log out to use it - especially when items are damaged... ugh), so I just popped the items in and hit Sell. Should probably explore it.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    With the huge amount of items on the AH, people cleverly using the search filter will very likely include a buyout, if you don't set one, not many people will even get to see your auctions

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    Notice the part where I said someone buying something with RL doesn't impact my enjoyement. Because it does not. People in D3 are not competing with each other (because there's no PvP) and therefore it's morally correct.

I wouldn't be so calm with GW2 implemention if the items that are sold at the shop had better stats then what the game offered at launch and PvP wasn't its seperate template.
    Why does it matter if people buy gear for pvp? They'll be moved up into a higher tier bracket and be obliterated by people with more experience. In fact, I would hope that people bought gear right at 60, because after their character gets destroyed by someone who has been practicing their build since a1 Inferno, they'll realize that buying gear at max level with hardly any previous build experience will be the quickest way to lose.

And it's not like any item is ultra overpowered, like Enigma was.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    I only found a few of the fights difficult in Normal Mode. The fallen angel in Act IV was tough because of all the freezes. Diablo, of course. Then... I can't remember if it was Diablo or someone else, but one of the bosses would create three rings of lava that expanded and would eventually cover most of the ground. Was that Diablo? I don't think it was, but I can't remember. Anyway, that one was hard, too.

I haven't played since Monday, but I just watched a video online and want to log my Barbarian in!
    End of act 3 i think that fight occurs. I've heard some people having trouble with it in latter difficulties because the pools spawn where you're standing at the time and the DoT gets pretty high.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Wow. So now instead of being able to avoid this 100% by staying offline, I am forced into an at-risk environment?
    What risk? All your characters are stored on the Blizzard servers, where hackers don't have access. This is something that we've been trying to pound into your heads since page two - having the code to create offline play and client side characters enables the game to be completely reverse engineered. Having the files away from prying eyes means no one knows how the server actually operates, or how character data is saved.
    That is not at risk. No more than worrying about logging on gw1/gw2 and having your characters suddenly unplayable.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    End of act 3 i think that fight occurs. I've heard some people having trouble with it in latter difficulties because the pools spawn where you're standing at the time and the DoT gets pretty high.
    Can't edit this into my last post because I'm on the phone and lazy, but fun fact: the pools only spawn on the person who is farthest away from azmodan. So have three people fight him in the middle while one runs around the extremities of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Can't edit this into my last post because I'm on the phone and lazy, but fun fact: the pools only spawn on the person who is farthest away from azmodan. So have three people fight him in the middle while one runs around the extremities of the area.
    Yeh it was from people trying to solo him that i heard the complaints. Good to know though!
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    What risk?
    Shawn, you're playing dead horse. There's no point in responding, because I would be repeating myself, and you would be ignoring me.

I'll let people actually discuss the game instead of promoting this dead horse.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Yes, Azmodan. Azmodan, Rakanoth, and Diablo. Rough.