PC Gaming News
Page 156 of 207 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2070
  1. #1551
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    I don't care about how difficult it is, leave the difficulty as it is really. I like the game being challenging. But if you're gonna make it so challenging that I can't be alive for more than 15 minutes at a time, give me more gold so I can repair my armor that often.
    I wasn't clear. I didn't mean monster difficulty necessarily. I meant that Blizz will likely change several factors that make things easier, whether it be better items, skill buffs, repair costs, etc. My impression is that they're still getting a handle on the endgame and aren't sure how to progress from here. It'll take some time for them to sort things out.

    I have 0 interest in bringing another character up to farm with. I really think I'm just done with the game.
    Leveling another character would be a fairly relaxing romp while adding money to your stash. By the time you get a few of them leveled, Blizz may have improved the endgame to your liking.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    Another thing Blizzard could do is give the option to automatically pick up crafting materials like how you run over gold -- would be great.
    It's annoying the way it is. Ignoring all white weapons/armor while keeping an eye out for crafting materials detracts from the gameplay, imho.

  2. #1552
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    I don't care about how difficult it is, leave the difficulty as it is really. I like the game being challenging. But if you're gonna make it so challenging that I can't be alive for more than 15 minutes at a time, give me more gold so I can repair my armor that often. I hate how much D3 is about how good the gear is [and less about how good of a player you are] and now I can't even afford to buy new gear, because I have to spend all my money repairing. So my choice is basically to just park my Monk, or spend money in the RMAH, and given what I know so far... why would I? I have 0 interest in bringing another character up to farm with. I really think I'm just done with the game.
    I think it's pretty obvious Blizzard is pushing hard for people to get into the RMAH. As far as they are concerned, they don't give two spits about those who bought the game, but are unwilling to use the RMAH.

    To them, you're just an increase in their operating costs. The sooner you quit, the happier they'll be. It's sad, but this is just the way corporations think. What they do hope is that you will buy their next expansion, but as with before, whether you play it is not their concern.

    To them, you are just another figure in quarterly sales figures. For that reason, you have out lived your usefulness.


    This type of thinking is why I find ANet so refreshing. They are going back to the 50s style of business where customer retention and loyalty is more important than sales...

  3. #1553
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Raye's Avatar
    Server

    Jade Quarry
    Guild

    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Posts

    3,801
    Even if that's the case, it makes no sense. Why would anyone want to spend RL money on items that are going to be useless in a week? That money is better spent on my morning lattes. It seems to me that they just don't care for the players, but at the same time these players become "pissed off customers" eventually and if they're pissed, why would they give you more money in the future? They seem to know nothing about customer retention.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime
    Last edited by Raye; 20-06-2012 at 08:21.

  4. #1554
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    Even if that's the case, it makes no sense. Why would anyone want to spend RL money on items that are going to be useless in a week? That money is better spent on my morning lattes. It seems to me that they just don't care for the players, but at the same time that lack of caring becomes "pissed off customers" eventually and if they're pissed, why would they give you more money in the future? They seem to know nothing about customer retention.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime
    It's just the way modern corporate culture works. If you quit and stop being a customer, then they have a entice you back later. That act can then be called a sale... and their stocks go up.

    Retaining a customer does not count as a sale and so stocks stay stagnant (which due to inflation means it drops).


    Really, from an investor point of view, it's in the interest of most companies to see you go. That's why most bargain programs only lasts a couple months. They are just interested in making back whatever money it cost for the program. After that, they are quite happy to see you go. It just gives them a chance to turn you into a future sale for the next quarter.

  5. #1555
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Raye's Avatar
    Server

    Jade Quarry
    Guild

    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Posts

    3,801
    Diablo is not a bargain program. And your point about the sale, as valid as it may be, doesn't apply because they're interested in the RMAH to make their money, not the initial sales. Therefore, customer retention becomes important.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime

  6. #1556
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    Diablo is not a bargain program. And your point about the sale, as valid as it may be, doesn't apply because they're interested in the RMAH to make their money, not the initial sales. Therefore, customer retention becomes important.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime
    At the same time though, there comes a point when a salesman realises that you're not getting a sale. The RMAH is a hard sell in that respect.

  7. #1557
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    shawn's Avatar
    Server

    Jade Quarry
    Guild

    Dii/BPA
    Posts

    11,689
    You guys are mixing your threads up. The think beyond the normal and talk about sex thread is elsewhere.

    And it would be hilarious if you brought this into it as well.
    We'll create a thread beyond the normal.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

  8. #1558
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    11,564
    Oh yeah I forgot rasp said that before.

    Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

  9. #1559
    /walks into the room

    "Diablo 3 and gaaay porn."

    /awkwardly backs out

  10. #1560
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    Diablo is not a bargain program. And your point about the sale, as valid as it may be, doesn't apply because they're interested in the RMAH to make their money, not the initial sales. Therefore, customer retention becomes important.

    Sent from my Transformer Prime
    Agreed. Customer retention, even for those who won't use the RMAH, is important to keep the playerbase large which is very important for an online game. Also, you never know who's going to spend money and who won't. Someone could use the RMAH a month from now but if you lose them now, you lose that transaction too. Last, even if someone doesn't spend in the RMAH, they could be a potential supplier who entices others to spend, which benefits Blizz in the end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •