PC Gaming News
Page 64 of 207 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Guyyssss peace and love, peace and love!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Erring Ryft View Post
    Wondering if you have enough damage to waste those ten guys bearing down on you or if you have enough space to retreat makes for a way more tense experience when you take the confined area and the forced perspective into account.
    I don't believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. That's more map design... afaik (and I admit, I could be wrong here)
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    For those who liked the Demon Hunter, I'm just wondering what about it you found fun?
    The dual resources is a great idea, and I love how it worked out. I enjoyed skills such as Vault, which you can use offensively or defensively, runed Rapid Fire is a powerhouse, and Chakram is an absolute joy to use. My friends and I went for a speedrun to the king, using Vault offensively whenever we could, and the passive skill that gives 60% run speed after Vaulting. It was one of the highlights of the beta for me, as I like play softcore D3 like I play Guild Wars, which in turn is how I played softcore Diablo 2: Never. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    By the way, seems that they removed requirements aside for level, am I right?
    Yes. There are no more assigned stats or stat requirements.

I don't believe that the two are not mutually exclusive. That's more map design... afaik (and I admit, I could be wrong here)
    It is map design, or at least a part of it. Compare to Bastion, every major encounter is on am arena of some form, rather than in a tiny corridor. Due to the randomness of Diablo 3, you may encounter a major encounter with a boss pack in a corridor that's only wide enough for three skeletons side-by-side. There's not a lot of room for mobility, even if that option was available to you. This further reinforces the fight-or-flight decision making and general strategy of the game.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    For those who liked the Demon Hunter, I'm just wondering what about it you found fun?
    For me, I was a big fan of the Amazon in D2. Also the skill you start with, but I forget what it is called...it can hit multiple enemies with homing. I felt like I was killing stuff faster with DH than the other classes I really tried.

Witch Doctor came in a close second. It just felt plain deadly. Beyond that, I'm not sure why I like it.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    [...] and Chakram is an absolute joy to use.

Lol, I loved this skill.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The dual resources is a great idea
    I was sad to see many professions don't have it. I was hoping dual resource would be on all profs.

Never. Stop.
    As in running past foes, or as in continue fighting onwards at a steady pace? I used to never stop except to sell stuff, otherwise I would just push onwards. But then again, why stop?

It is map design, or at least a part of it.
    I do like the random maps in D2 etc, the mix of tight corridors, open areas, and everything in-between. I especially liked the Escher-like area, and the first area of the expansion with the barbarians fighting back.

Also, I really loved the maps in Hellgate:London... too bad the game failed (and was rezzed the Korean way).

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    For me, I was a big fan of the Amazon in D2. Also the skill you start with, but I forget what it is called...it can hit multiple enemies with homing.
    Felt like some of the fav skills from D2 came back, sometimes even as regular skills. I wonder if DH will get the multishot (as opposed to the channeling skill), I have not paid much attention to the skills yet, I prefer to discover as I play anyway especially given that you can respec (<3)
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Felt like some of the fav skills from D2 came back, sometimes even as regular skills. I wonder if DH will get the multishot (as opposed to the channeling skill), I have not paid much attention to the skills yet, I prefer to discover as I play anyway especially given that you can respec (<3)
    My favorite 'zon skills were the passive skills and magic arrow (which became energy free after 11 points or so). If any of these carry over, I'll be ecstatic!

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    As in running past foes, or as in continue fighting onwards at a steady pace? I used to never stop except to sell stuff, otherwise I would just push onwards. But then again, why stop?
    I don't know why people stop, maybe they keep finding some roses to smell. But in these games (gw/diablo) I'm already engaging the next group before the corpse of the last group hits the ground.
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfwd View Post
    My favorite 'zon skills were the passive skills and magic arrow (which became energy free after 11 points or so). If any of these carry over, I'll be ecstatic!
    Well, the regular attack of the demon hunter is free, it is homing (like guided arrow was), and it has a chance to pierce. <3

I don't know why people stop, maybe they keep finding some roses to smell. But in these games (gw/diablo) I'm already engaging the next group before the corpse of the last group hits the ground.
    Heheh, this is what Diablo is about.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

A dead one (SF)
    Did any of you guys attempt to get any high kill streaks? I didn't of trying until the beta was already over. Maybe we can have a little contest when the game releases. And yes, I'm buying it!