PC Gaming News
Page 90 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    I guess the friend invites not working is because you are on the American server and I'm on the European. No interlinking between those. You can play on other servers, but you have to make new friend lists and new characters.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalis View Post
    The lack of an option, like even Steam has, is likely what chafes a lot of the disappointed folk.
    You may be disappointed, but entitled gamers get angry :)
    Quasi-related to the entitled angry gamers thing, D3 has a lot of reused areas. This doesn't bother me at all. But I find it HILARIOUS that I haven't really heard any complaints about it, even though that's one of the main reasons people say DA2 sucks. Lulz hypocrisy.

I thought Steam didn't even really have a working offline mode?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    You may be disappointed, but entitled gamers get angry :)
    I'd speculate that the ones who feel entitled to play the game without paying for it won't have to worry about that. Whenever it gets cracked, anyway.
    I thought Steam didn't even really have a working offline mode?
    The only time I've had trouble with offline mode was when I had something trying to update. So, I was offline, but it tried to update upon launch. It was a loop of uselessness, never letting me in, since it wouldn't let you in to cancel the update. But, hey... the option was there.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I wouldn't get angry about a game. I would stop playing it instead and/or not spend on it.

Perhaps go as far as recognize the company as making games I don't enjoy, and try to avoid them in the future. Tell friends when they ask for game recommendations.

Companies like Blizz can get away with a lot, because they make AAA games. As most games copy that, you end up with mostly indie games breaking the mold.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Quasi-related to the entitled angry gamers thing, D3 has a lot of reused areas. This doesn't bother me at all. But I find it HILARIOUS that I haven't really heard any complaints about it
    Not really sure what you mean. Like how the randomly generated dungeons share tile sets? I'm fine with that, seeing as the layout of the map is different every time, as opposed to some gw1 eotn dungeons, which use identical maps.

tapatalked on galaxy nexus
    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] :: The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Edit: to clarify, I'm annoyed about no WASD and always-online.

I was fine with reused tile sets in D2 and I probably will be fine with it in D3. Likewise, copy-pasted art such as monsters of different colors and such doesn't usually bother me. I care about gameplay mainly, and WASD aside, gameplay in D3 was pretty solid.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    @reused maps
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Not really sure what you mean. Like how the randomly generated dungeons share tile sets? I'm fine with that, seeing as the layout of the map is different every time, as opposed to some gw1 eotn dungeons, which use identical maps.
    Not having played it, I'm just taking a stab at this, but...

It sounds either:

1) D3 is going to the same areas as D1, D2, etc., and "reusing" them that way
    and/or
    2) You're going to area A, then later returning to area A after it's altered/infested/whatever

The nature of Diablo games and their random generation is that you will see the reuse of tile sets. It's just the nature of the beast, IMO, so long as your random generation is tile-based (Diablo) and not procedural (Minecraft). I could be fundamentally misunderstanding how it all works, but in that case, maybe someone could better explain it.
    Last edited by Zalis; 17-05-2012 at 19:08.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Yes, this is what I am referring to and I wasn't including you in the angry gamer subset. I actually didn't notice it in D3 until I saw the stairway where the Templar blasts through and you fight his former comrade in Act I reused. I probably went through dozens of reused tiles, but because that one was part of the story, it jumped out at me.

Also, I don't particularly care that they reuse areas - I didn't care in DA 2, either. I just find it humorous that the DA2 reuse was a HUGE deal and no one seems to care about D3's. Granted, DA2 was a much worse offender than D3's.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Hey :) I'm Nick (aka Nitronik, aka Ethrikk Lordsmith (GW)...

D3 name NiTRONiK#1434 :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    NSFW: bad language

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...noying-future/

It pretty much focuses on how D3 is supposed to be a single-player game with multiplayer option, but it actually also brings up a bunch of additional problems such as getting disconnected for maintenance or if any Blizzard game crashes the server.
    == Alaris & clone ==