PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warrior with Guardian looks?

A quick question, because it has been bothering me for a while.
    I would really like to be a warrior on my main character. I'm a warrior for life, altough I adore rangers.
    Anyway, I don't like to look like a barbarian, I prefer a noble look like the guardians have.
    So I would like to be a warrior with the great looks of a guardian, is that possible?

TL;DR - Can I be a warrior and look as noble as a guardian?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Actually, yes, totally. Warriors and guardians share the same armor art, so they can look identical if you choose to. You'll be able to tell them apart once they start using skills.

Also, they can't equip 100% the same weapons, so if you see a heavy armor with a staff, that's a guardian. If he's using a bow or rifle, that's a warrior. But armor-wise, they use the same stuff. Shields too.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Oh god yes, I forgot, totally awesome.

GWOnline.Net Member BrotherGrimm's Avatar
    My understanding of this is that there will be RACE exlusive, ALLY exclusive and even STORYLINE exclusive armor skins (and most likely others), but within those sets, anyone that can wear Heavy armor may wear any set, but I doubt a Charr Warrior can wear Asura Guardian armor. That may not be completely true or possibly obvious in the extreme, but needs to be pointed out (IMO).

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Exclusive sets, if there are any, will constitute a small % of armor sets imo. Afterall, people love armor sets, and even the Luxon / Kurzick divide is ignored when it comes to armor sets.

I think most sets will be available to all, with a different version for different armor levels (so you can visually spot casters vs melee), and tailored to different races. You might get more technology in armors made for asura, or more use of leaves for sylvari, but aside from that most armors should be similar across races.
    == Alaris & clone ==

GWOnline.Net Member BrotherGrimm's Avatar
    I did not mean to imply there would not be armor themes that would be similar between the races, but the exlusive sets will NOT be a small percentage....I expect them to be 50% or more of the ones available (similar to Elite armors in GW1). The "common" sets will be just that...lower end (less expensive, easier to get, not "Elite") armor available to most everyone at certain points in the storyline.

Coloring and accessories will be what allows eveyrone to get a distinctive look and these seem to be available after specific quests and thru crafting from what I've seen.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I'd love more info on that actually...

I'd think we get an armor set per dungeon, one or two per faction (Whispers etc), some for PvP or WvWvW, and a few more as PvE drops or for storyline. I doubt we'll get any that is profession-specific, but hey, you never know.

Coloring will be important, but I do believe we'll get more options than in GW1. If anything, pooling across professions of the same armor class lets them make more armors (but then they have to redo each for every race).

Again, I'd love to know more, it's all speculation here (except for scraps of info they gave us so far).
    == Alaris & clone ==

A bit of comparison for fun
    Human Warrior - http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...arrior-003.jpg
    Speedbumpasuran Guardian - http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...guardian01.jpg
    by the helm and detail this is the same armor.

Charr Warrior - http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...arrior-006.jpg
    Charr Guardian - http://www.guildwars2.com/global/inc...guardian03.jpg - possibly the same set as first group.

Different sets, and the Charr Warrior one seems like it would be nicely a ‘charr distinct’ armor. Although I can see an argument to make all armors available to each race, but only craftable in the race homeland. So a Human may be able to wear a Charr set, but he must get it from the Charr crafter in the Charr homeland, just like Lux/Kurz.

The Charr armor sets seems to be very spikey, and we haven’t seen a Human or Speedbumpasuran in a spikey set yet. Also there is the desktop image of a Tronsuran armor set, and we haven’t seen a different race in that yet either. I really hope humans can’t wear the Tron armor…

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Tron armor might be downgraded on other races because they can't handle the technology. But agreed, that's one set I don't particularly care to get on non-Asura races.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    So with Whispers/etc exclusive armor..
    I do hope they're shown in advance.
    Or it's just what all those NPCs are wearing.